Identified! WV - Greenbrier Co., Male human remains in woods, Apr'14 - Richard Fowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Our reporter assigned to Greenbrier County just recently checked with the Sheriff about this case. He told her that he’s still waiting for the results, but hopes it shouldn't be too much longer. She’ll keep checking on it."

I-64 is a road I hate to travel its beautiful out there, but not an easy drive.

You should've tried it before the late 1980's. The last part of the Interstate wasn't yet built and you had to take US-60 up, down and along the mountains all the way from there to Charleston.

I remembered White Sulphur Springs because that's near where the "scary road" started on the way back home.
My family would go that way if going on a trip to DC, Delaware or Philadelphia, which we'd do at least every couple years or so.

I actually love roads like US-60 is over those mountains. Just not with either of my parents driving. It felt like death was just staring you in the eye, waiting for either an accident or a heart attack.

I'd say Johansen is a strong possibility. Just sold his vehicle (had money on him) and could have been robbed and killed for the cash. Location is right.

http://www.register-herald.com/news/article_391c95d5-8d13-56dd-ac24-f3e1bc9fc5a5.html

The West Virginia Medical Examiner's office confirmed the man's identity last week as Richard Fowler Jr. of Port Leyden, N.Y., Cahill said. Fowler was 42 years old at the time of his disappearance in 2013. His remains were discovered by a man who was "looking through discarded trash" near Surber Road just outside the White Sulphur city limits on April 18 of this year...

Cahill said Fowler apparently left New York on Memorial Day weekend 2013. The vehicle he had been driving was towed on June 9, 2013, from the I-64 rest area which is just up the hill from the spot where Fowler's body was later found. "He had left the vehicle at the rest area with no plates on it," Cahill said. Likewise, there was no ID found with the body.

Despite the fact that Fowler's remains were not recovered until nearly a year after he was last seen, the man had never been reported missing, the sheriff added.

ARRRRGGHHHHH ANOTHER CASE OF "NEVER REPORTED MISSING"!"!!"!!!???!?! :gaah:

Glad they ID'ed him though. RIP Fowler :/

I wonder what the heck the backstory is..

UPDATE: Deputies identify the human remains found in Greenbrier County (WVVA, Bluefield, WV)

Sounds like this may have been a suicide.

Sheriff Cahill says he told his family he'd probably never be seen again. He was never reported missing.

Investigators used the car he was traveling from NY to WV in to help further their case. It had been towed from a nearby rest stop.

Richard Fowler Junior's body had been in the woods for 10-11 months. Evidence does not point to foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg