WV WV - Mared Malerik & Karen Ferrell, both 19, Morgantown, 18 Jan 1970

52 years after West Virginia coeds found decapitated, investigators hope high-tech "X-Ray machine" help will locate final evidence​

Leaving no stone unturned at a 52-year-old, once-and-former crime scene isn't easy.

Not when investigators have to do their digging mainly by hand, so as not to disturb any evidence that still may be lurking in the soil.

Armed with garden trowels and toothbrushes, West Virginia State Police forensic investigators and others have been doing just that in earnest for the past several weeks at a wooded, rural expanse near Morgantown.

I just recently read the book and what an excellent book it is, I could not put it down. I just started listening to the podcast. I do have one question in regards to the location that the bodies were found Mr Rod Everly states in his calculations as to where they were found that he drove 6 tenths up the road they were found on. Looking at Google street view the creek runs very close to the road .I have also read some articles that made it sound as if the location was further out, Google street view only goes out so far and then stops. Exactly how far out was the actual scene where they were discovered and on what side of the road?

52 years after West Virginia coeds found decapitated, investigators hope high-tech "X-Ray machine" help will locate final evidence​

Leaving no stone unturned at a 52-year-old, once-and-former crime scene isn't easy.

Not when investigators have to do their digging mainly by hand, so as not to disturb any evidence that still may be lurking in the soil.

Armed with garden trowels and toothbrushes, West Virginia State Police forensic investigators and others have been doing just that in earnest for the past several weeks at a wooded, rural expanse near Morgantown.
So was this high tech machine every brought in? I can not find anything that indicates that it was.

So was this high tech machine every brought in? I can not find anything that indicates that it was.

I'm guessing since there's no news since the 2022 dig, they didn't find anything. I haven't listened to the podcast in a while, but does it seem like there might be some confusion as to the exact location?

Hasn't been anything recent as far as new podcast but I did figure out the location by viewing an ariel photo from when the bodies were discovered in a video on Youtube , I was able to match it up with a current Google satellite shot of the road that depicts the same bend in the road and where the road crosses the creek .One thing for sure from everything I have read was authorities really screwed this one up in the beginning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back