Found Deceased WV - Natasha Carter, 10, Beckley, 8 Aug 2000

I have to make this very brief and I promise to post much more this evening. I just had an hour long conversation with the paternal grandmother, Shirley Day. She is very excited about us offering to help. She gave me so much information. Some of it is rather sensitive so will be shared by PM's and emails. I'm sure that you will all understand. I will share with anyone who is interested in helping but I don't feel it is right to post some of it in the forum. I am sorry that I can not do it right now but I am late for an apt. I promise to share all of the information as soon as I get home. There are leads which were never followed up on properly and lots of work to be done. Let me know who wants the emails.

Woohoo, and you are calling dad tonight right? Not sure if we posted that you are going to talk to him, maybe we can get them all to join us on here? We can keep sensitive stuff in PM/Email.

Anyhow, you know I want on the email list.

Yes Christine, I am going to cal the Dad tonight. His Mom was going to tell him about our coversation so he will be expecting my call. I only live about 40mins from him so I am going to try and make arrangements to meet with him. I think it would be easier to go everything in person. From what the Grandmother said, he has files of information. There have been PI's, bounty hunters and others involved in the search over the years. The family has been victimized on more than one occasion by paying someone for information or to check out a leed and to never hear from the person again. I assured her that no one from WS's would ever ask for or accept any money from them.

I have notes from our conversation that I need to sort out before posting the information. I will get it posted later today. I am sending both the Dad & the Grandmother the link to this thread. I'm not sure when they will join but they will be reading.

Great work! Can't wait to hear what has been going on and what leads were not followed....wtg anxiously for your next post to see where we go from here.

I have done searches on a different combos of names and have come up with a few possibles....but want to find out everything we can, they may be ruled out by info you already have or will get from Dad and Grandma.

Find out all you can about the possible 'male companion' and her family/friends!

Be careful Shadow!

Count me in, Shadow. Let me know any way at all that I can help. My time will be a bit sporadic until I get Pat back in school, but after that I'll have a decent amount of time to devote to it. PM me anything you feel I need to see.

I just spoke with Natasha's Dad, Rick. He his happy to hear that we are interested in helping. He gave me the names of the investigators involved with Natasha's disappearence. I am going to make contact with them and see if they will share any information.

A little about Natasha. She is computer savy. She had her own website at 10 years old. Her Dad thought it was some sort of site affiliated with Disney. I have searched myspace.com but think that we should continue to look there.

Natasha knew how to make a collect call and had done so on different occasions. He feels that if she were able to call she would have called either him or her Grandmother.

The last person to see Susan alive was her husband at the time. I will share the name with anyone who wants it by PM. Some people believe that he had something to do with them disappearing and he supposedly poured new concrete in his basement less then a month after they went missing. According to Rick, his house was never checked and he never took a polygraph.

There was a lead that did not pan out a couple of years ago in Florida. Someone supposedly saw Natasha with a black male who was a known pimp in the Orlando area.

About 6months after Susan disappeared, her car keys were found somewhere and had a Kroger card on them that said "If found drop in the mail". The keys turned up at the Kroger clearing house in Roanoke,VA. Rick said they never heard anything more about that.

There was some speculation related to the Jennifer Short case(there is a thread on WS about Jennifer). I have not looked into that information as of yet. The Grandmother said that the body that was found and presumed to be Jennifer was to decomposed for the amount of time that Jennifer had been missing. As I said I have not looked into that. The Grandmother said when that body was found, she thought that it might have been Natasha.

There is a group of white supremists who have a large compund in WV. They received information that Susan may be living there with Natasha.

That is about it except for a few details that I will share by PM.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

I hope that you folks can find out something about this mom and daughter.
If I can do something to help out I would be glad to. I live so far away that I don't know what good I would be to you though. I would appreciate being on your email list and knowing what is going on in the case.

Wouldn't it be something if you solved this case! It doesn't sound like LE put to much heart in it. Has the FBI ever been involved in it as Natasha was fairly young when her mom took her and the dad had custody. I see them involved in other cases now when it is the parent without custody who takes the child.
Keep us up to date please....I'll pray!

We need more info on the abuduction......did the mom threaten to take her for good, or was this outta character and maybe the mom was 'taken' too?

How long were the parents divorced, how were visitations before?

Still want more info on the 'male companion'...I have so many questions.

I wish we had a list of family members for everyone involved.

Shadow, I know you are working on all this...but my mind is just reeling.

This is turning out not be a 'non custodial abduction'...sounds like a lot more to learn here.

Shadow205 said:
A little about Natasha. She is computer savy. She had her own website at 10 years old. Her Dad thought it was some sort of site affiliated with Disney. I have searched myspace.com but think that we should continue to look there.

Natasha knew how to make a collect call and had done so on different occasions. He feels that if she were able to call she would have called either him or her Grandmother.

The last person to see Susan alive was her husband at the time. I will share the name with anyone who wants it by PM. Some people believe that he had something to do with them disappearing and he supposedly poured new concrete in his basement less then a month after they went missing. According to Rick, his house was never checked and he never took a polygraph.

There was some speculation related to the Jennifer Short case(there is a thread on WS about Jennifer). I have not looked into that information as of yet. The Grandmother said that the body that was found and presumed to be Jennifer was to decomposed for the amount of time that Jennifer had been missing. As I said I have not looked into that. The Grandmother said when that body was found, she thought that it might have been Natasha.

Any ideas on where to go from here?
Natasha being computer savvy is a HUGE ++ for us.....we need 1-2 of you sleuthers to concentrate on trying to find her on the web.....what are her interests? Volunteers? We need to talk to dad about that, finding everything we can about Natasha will help us find where she might hang out on the web, what things may be in her profile, etc. narrowing down who is NOT her. Any friends Natasha may have kept up with secretly? How old is she again right now? Dang, I left my handy dandy notebook home!

What was Natasha's relationship with dad and grandma leading up to time of disappearance? Are they SURE she would have called?

What is/was Natasha's relationship with mom at time of disappearance?

The X husband, where is he now? When were they married? What was Natasha's relationship like with him leading up to time of disappearance?

Maybe some of us should check the Jennifer Short case, see how it could maybe line up with this one?

Can you get a good timeline from dad/grandma, from birth on for everyone would be nice LMAO!

Like I sayed I not talked to the family in year's but if Iam not mistaken she should be 17 now I try double check if iam wrong I repost or fix it....17year's old , born Dec.23 1989, Missing Aug 8, 2000....

christine2448 said:
Natasha being computer savvy is a HUGE ++ for us.....we need 1-2 of you sleuthers to concentrate on trying to find her on the web.....what are her interests? Volunteers? We need to talk to dad about that, finding everything we can about Natasha will help us find where she might hang out on the web, what things may be in her profile, etc. narrowing down who is NOT her. Any friends Natasha may have kept up with secretly? How old is she again right now? Dang, I left my handy dandy notebook home!

What was Natasha's relationship with dad and grandma leading up to time of disappearance? Are they SURE she would have called?

What is/was Natasha's relationship with mom at time of disappearance?

The X husband, where is he now? When were they married? What was Natasha's relationship like with him leading up to time of disappearance?

Maybe some of us should check the Jennifer Short case, see how it could maybe line up with this one?

Can you get a good timeline from dad/grandma, from birth on for everyone would be nice LMAO!
According to both the Grnadmother and the Dad, the relationship was good and both feel that she would call if she could.
The X husband, where is he now? When were they married? What was Natasha's relationship like with him leading up to time of disappearance? He still lives in the same house that he lived in when they went missing. I don't know when he and Susan were married but they were married at the time of their disappearence. According to the Grandmother, Natasha was afraid of him and slept with a knife under her pillow.
What is/was Natasha's relationship with mom at time of disappearance? According to the Grandmother, not so good. Natasha would rather have been with her Grandmother or her Dad. The Grandmother had custody of her while another matter was being invesitgated. There had been an allegation of abuse against the Dadby Susan which was unfounded. He was fighting for full custody of Natasha when they disappeared.

The last person to see them alive was the ex-husband who by the way is now married to Susan's older daughter.

I've looked at these to long. I need someone else

USWVcarterc1.jpg
NCMC895999e1.jpg

The above pics were found on myspace. The girls name is Natasha, age is right, DOB is off.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=60199438

There is certainly some similarity, with what little we can see (one eye!) with this Natasha's picture.

I don't think it sounds too good that the ex (not Natasha's father) is now married to Susan's older daughter. I may be getting jaded with all of the horrible crimes we see and investigate here on WS, but that just smacks of foul play, IMO. What kind of daughter would marry her mom's ex? Well, other than Woody Allen, that is! It would be awfully easy to think the ex and the older daughter had something to do with this disappearance.

Shadow205 said:
The above pics were found on myspace. The girls name is Natasha, age is right, DOB is off.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=60199438
Right, DOB is off, why would she put fake DOB and Astro sign?....but, YOU NEVER KNOW!

How old was she when kidnapped again? Yes, I'm lazy, I am so tired, and jumped on to print some labels for the missing, and wanted to see if there were any new posts!!!

I'll look at age of disappearance tomorrow.....UGH!

Welder, glad you got a LOL out of something I said!

Christine, she was 10 (and would have turned 11 a few months later) when she was abducted.

christine2448 said:
Right, DOB is off, why would she put fake DOB and Astro sign?....but, YOU NEVER KNOW!

How old was she when kidnapped again? Yes, I'm lazy, I am so tired, and jumped on to print some labels for the missing, and wanted to see if there were any new posts!!!

I'll look at age of disappearance tomorrow.....UGH!
....Iam working on a other part of the case right now Iam downloading about my 7 big download today...I seen so many hair in there face's, fuzzy poor movie making, photo's look like they been put through a washing machine about 20 time's, people turning there head's right when they walk near a camera close too them..I bet I will have dream's about all them very bad photo's and old camera shot in my dream's tonight..

Shadow 205...I wonder beings Natasha was so young when her mother took her would she have believed her mother if she told Natasha that her dad and gramma were in a accident and both died? Or if she said that she tried to contact them and no one ever answered the phone and then she found out about the accident? I'm just thinking that so many parents tell their kids stuff like that and the kids believe them. Maybe that is why she has never tried to call. Maybe mom convinced her.

Both mom and daughter could both be living under a different name although Natasha was old enough to know her name and question a change. How about if mom had started calling her Tasha for short or Tash.

How do you look for people on myspace?

In order to search for people on myspace you have to first set up an account. Then you can search by name,nickname,user name, email ect.

Bobbisangel said:
Shadow 205...I wonder beings Natasha was so young when her mother took her would she have believed her mother if she told Natasha that her dad and gramma were in a accident and both died? Or if she said that she tried to contact them and no one ever answered the phone and then she found out about the accident? I'm just thinking that so many parents tell their kids stuff like that and the kids believe them. Maybe that is why she has never tried to call. Maybe mom convinced her.

Both mom and daughter could both be living under a different name although Natasha was old enough to know her name and question a change. How about if mom had started calling her Tasha for short or Tash.
Another way to keep her quite would be to tell her they were hiding from the ex husband. If I was really scared of someone, that would work on me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back