Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonflower Co-op worker speaks of eerie link between Gabby Petito and double murder

According to this, no one working there that day noticed what happened so it is unlikely BL thought Kylen or another employee called if no employees were outside the store during that time.
It mentions about noticing police being outside the store, you can see from the bodycam footage, they aren’t outside the store so they wouldn’t have seen the aftermath.

I just am struggling to get past all the coincidences.

They were last seen coming out of a local bar, B was staying very local.

this is just IMO but i think the officers did a great job the day they stopped them,they seperated them, they gave them advice, some say they should have put Gabby in jail at that time, what good w0uld that have done, she would have had a record then and the outcome would likely be the same. Someone would have bailed her out the next morning and they would have been right back together regardless. This was something that noone saw coming, thats why IMO, this was something that happened in the heat of the moment, a fight that got out of hand,but that still doesnt excuse Brian for not talking to the cops, or her parents.....he needs to tell them what happened cause i dont believe for one second that if she was able to that she wouldnt contact someone.

I think he drove off and left her. Maybe after a fatal accident, maybe not. We know for sure he's done that at least once (tried to, actually in downtown Moab). More than once, according to the cam video (his statement that she said don't leave me alone AGAIN")

If he didn't cause her death, he probably drove off and left her, then something fatal happened to her while gone, or he went back and couldn't find her.

Exactly.
Ummm... because he won't , b/c of ... reasons ?
Imo.

Yes and that gets me to; how can you live with yourself this way. Seeing her family totally in distress about her whereabouts. How can you stay silent, not to mention the fact that she is his fiance or girlfriend or what you want to call it. They loved each other. How can that be over in a flip of a second.

IMO his silence is just purely cold and selfish at this point. His desire to be held as innocent/non-liable (whichever it may be depending upon what actually happened) is greater than any sort of care for her wellbeing or loyalty to her family. I can't imagine a person, let alone a whole family, doing something lacking so much empathy.

Could be... like a Berkey - which is certainly a van-life preference - but most are rather costly ... even the mid-size ~3 gallons IIRC runs somewhere in the $500 range. A lot of money to spend for a couple that is obviously on a tight "budget". But, yeah, it's a possibility.

He says “6 gallon container” at one point, assuming he’s not exaggerating.

Yes and the fact that she's posting for videos and Instagram she'd want everything perfect...perfectly staged. If you've had any experience on Instagram most people perfectly stage their videos and shots. It's quite crazy the lengths they go through to make everything appear perfect. It seems that Brian probably wasn't so into that as maybe she was.

To bring a bit of lightheartedness to this thread... I actually laughed at that one scene in the YouTube video, where she starts in the immaculate tent with the odd guitar laying just so, then peaks out and looks behind her to BL who is enjoying his morning yoga.

It was so corny.

Richard Stafford, the spokesperson for Gabby's family, will be addressing the media today at 2:30 pm One Corporate Drive, Bohemia, NY. He will be reading a letter from the Schmidt and Petito family to Christopher and Roberta Laundrie. He will take limited questions afterwards. I will try and get link to watch/listen

Interesting. I feel like they are using this personal element so well. It reminds me of 'Silence of the Lambs' when the FBI instructs the congresswoman to appeal to Anthony Hopkins by humanizing him and begging him to help find her daughter. IMO it seems strategic. Hope it works. I think the parents know.

Attempting to steal the car and abandon her could certainly be construed as psychological abuse, even if he didn't touch her. Then she gets called the "aggressor" for trying to get her keys back. There's something wrong with this picture, IDK. JMO.
Unless I saw different body cam video, Gabby was punching him long after she was back in the van, She's the "aggressor" because the cops saw marks on him but not her, and witnesses saw her punching him and him pushing her away to keep from getting injured.
Are you suggesting if someone wants their keys back, they can do bodily harm to do so?

Moonflower Co-op worker speaks of eerie link between Gabby Petito and double murder

According to this, no one working there that day noticed what happened so it is unlikely BL thought Kylen or another employee called if no employees were outside the store during that time.
It mentions about noticing police being outside the store, you can see from the bodycam footage, they aren’t outside the store so they wouldn’t have seen the aftermath.

I just am struggling to get past all the coincidences.

They were last seen coming out of a local bar, B was staying very local.

If that's true, I'm surprised she volunteered (and bought the van) for a second cross-country road trip with him.

Did she ever tell her mother about their difficulties? She apparently was on the phone to her mom after that altercation. If her mom knew they had trouble getting along in the past, I would think she'd have concerns about Gabby staying in the relationship, and certainly about her planning another road trip with him. But maybe mom felt she wouldn't be able to disuade her. It could be that her mom has been harboring a lot of misgivings about the relationship for quite awhile. And now it ends like this. Devastating!

It's more speculation, but I keep wondering about why another road trip, if he'd been overbearing in the past, and about how victims in abusive or manipulative relationships aren't always aware they're victims. She thought they were getting married, and was posting pix of baby clothes on Pinterest? While dealing with issues with him? That's hard to get my mind around, but it's definitely possible.

Just thinking out loud...

Second cross country trip?
I hadn't heard anything about a first? GP's mom said that Gabby has done this before but I wasn't under the impression that BL was with her for that.

I agree, but I only heard him call her crazy when he was talking to the cops and she was in the back of the cruiser with the door closed.
Yeah, that was crap. How dare a man call a woman crazy when she's very upset sitting in a squad car BECAUSE OF HIM (him trying to drive away without her, and trying to take her phone - they were fighting over her phone while back in town).

Last edited:
I think he drove off and left her. Maybe after a fatal accident, maybe not. We know for sure he's done that at least once (tried to, actually in downtown Moab). More than once, according to the cam video (his statement that she said don't leave me alone AGAIN")

If he didn't cause her death, he probably drove off and left her, then something fatal happened to her while gone, or he went back and couldn't find her.
bbm
Yep.
I give Gabby a bit of leeway for the LE episode and her fight with BL.
If he'd driven off and left her stranded before, she had reasons for freaking out. :(
Imo.

I have a tendency to agree with this. I have close family members who are abusive and have pulled similar stunts in the past in order to exert control.

Unfortunately, I feel like this happens all too often. I remember hearing about cases from the 80s where a partner was abandoned on the side of the road and later met with foul play.

I think he drove the van back to remove it from the scene of their separation and avoid finding her or picking up her trail.

I also think LE will find that ALL of her posessions in his control have disappeared. Anything of her that was in the van, anything that was purportedly in storage.

I think he has deliberately removed anything that had her scent on it or could be used to tract her with scent dogs. He may not want her family to know this, either.

I'll be very interested to hear what state the van is when they seized it. I'm going to bet all the bedding is gone, all of her clothing, shoes, personal effects are gone and he will refuse to produce them.

Wow! Just watched the Police Cam from Channel 7. I feel so badly for these two people. IMO both of them seemed to be in some mental distress. Gabby admits she has "really bad OCD" ( at 2:41 to 3:eek:o into the vid ). She actually states that as a reason she can really get very anxious and upset over things.

They both seem very honest with their emotions. I certainly believed both of them and also think they probably love each other. Unfortunately, after 3 months of getting no break from each other can bring out the worst in each other, ( I know being with my husband during Covid wasn't pretty, Tank God we were not in aVan)
Add to that some serious mental distress, and I believe there may have been a tragic accident.

However, I am at a loss as to Brians's lack of cooperation with the police. Perhaps he has become mentally incapable of dealing with reality!
MOO--I do not believe he would intentionally murder Gabby....no way! I can only hope we find some answers soon.
I totally agree with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member