Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can take some comfort in the fact that however he killed her - it was obviously homicide - because the autopsy report shows that. So he won’t likely be able to claim a simple push - something must be there showing it’s obviously murder.

Thread moving fast so maybe this has already been stated, but involuntary manslaughter--as in a simple push that resulted in her death--would still be homicide.

FBI Denver on Twitter
Ms. Petito is 5’5”, 110 pounds, has long blonde hair, blue eyes & visible tattoos on her hand & forearm. She & her boyfriend were driving a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a variety of stickers on the back. The van is registered to Ms. Petito with Florida plate QFTG03.

Excellent. Thank you!

Thread moving fast so maybe this has already been stated, but involuntary manslaughter--as in a simple push that resulted in her death--would still be homicide.

Yes, I have been thinking similar ... due to the fact that there is vehicular manslaughter for driving like a crazy person and killing someone - intentional or not.

Vehicular homicide - Wikipedia

Didn't LE confirm the van belonged to Gabby? I think they acknowledged it when they were pulled over and/or after the van was taken on the 11th? I don't know when we first heard it but it's been mentioned many times.
Her dad said it was her van. The Moab police asked BL if he trusted her with the van. It's hard to believe they ran the plates.

Is the new video from the woman park ranger? Is there a clip of it somewhere?

Edit: Newsnationnow.com is going to show more after a commercial (9:20 Eastern)
It's actually not new. It's the part where Gabby touches her face to show the officer where he grabbed her and pushed her. We just couldn't hear the sound very well before.
There is a new video from the bodycam of the 2nd cop, the bearded cop. Some of it is the same as we saw before from a different angle because the cops are together, but there are new parts in this new video. Like when he calls the witness, and when he speaks to gabby alone. It’s a different police officer’s camera, so different POV and different interactions. Although much of it overlaps, too, when they talk to BL or GP 2:1 instead of 1:1.

It is not the female park rangers cam, or the first cam we saw.

Last edited:
No one has heard from Brian. He has not laid out this trail. This trail has been laid out by authorities and MSM, for us, to drive our focus only on him. And it might be correct. But we haven't had access to ANY information, from authorities or MSM, to rule out or rule in whether or not this is the case. And since he is innocent until proven guilty, and there are loads of other paths to poke around in and question, some super obvious ones that should be chased and allowed to be eliminated publicly. The curious just get curiouser about why information has been heavily redacted, shut off, minimized without explanation, etc. Just things that make you go hmmm. MOO.
The trail was laid out by his actions

Are you saying that authorities have information they are not releasing that would point us in another direction? How do you know this? Maybe all info gathered by FBI at this point still leads to Brian. BL was the one who made these actions, driving the van back without her, refusing to talk with LE, hitchhiking but not seeming to match with the story he was telling, volatile behaviors per eye witness accounts. Much of that info was available thru SM, authorities did not control that narrative to make us focus solely on BL, BL did that himself. Yes, everyone is innocent til proven guilty in a court of law but this is a site to discuss cases, opinions on POI involvement.

I just decided in my own opinion, that they GP and BL were not real campers. Water alone does not work for dehydration or stress even heat caused stuff. You can dehydrate so fast its not funny on the road and hiking. You need some salt, sugar etc. And alway carry juices and water etc. Tragic. Sorry I have a fixation on this new body footage released. Also at age 22 I would have fought like heck to get my stuff back if I felt I was being abandoned in a town in Utah. I would still to this day although I have a broader horizon and would be calmer. I think also in my own opinion that the homicide declaration could be due to no other underlying conditions found during autopsy. Could change even? Don’t know if an official death certificate has yet to be released? JMO food for thought.
A homicide conclusion is never made if a manner of death cannot be determined.
There are very strict protocols for manner of death determinations, it is never guesswork or just 'wanting to be done with it'.
She was thirsty, he apparently was not, apart from his pretentious refusal of the offer of the water 'cos plastics.
He hardly stopped speaking for a second during that road trip, yet he showed no signs of overheating or thirst..

Just watched the latest body cam video, and while Brian's standing there with those officers who were explaining to him that Gabby would be the one getting charged as she was the aggressor, as they put it, Brian immediately and nonchalantly cuts in with, "we're a team."

Sitting in the back of the squad car when the one officer's explaining to Gabby that officers' hands are tied and they'd need to separate her and Brian for the night, through tears, Gabby tells the officer, "we're a team, I'm sorry, I couldn't handle that."

To me, it's more clear than ever Brian probably drilled that notion of 'codependency' into Gabby's brain on a regular basis as a means to try and control her. JMO.

The unsettling event reminded me of the Stockholm Syndrome.

"Stockholm syndrome is an emotional response. It happens to some abuse and hostage victims when they have positive feelings toward an abuser or captor.
Someone who has Stockholm syndrome might have confusing feelings toward the abuser, including:
  • Love
  • Sympathy
  • Empathy
  • Desire to protect them"
What Is Stockholm Syndrome?

True, but his prior and subsequent actions point more toward murder than accident or manslaughter.
a consciousness of guilt.. why run?..why not, in the company of a suitable legal representative rock in to the North Port Police,.. preferably, the Wyoming state police, but . perhaps he shifted her from where she was found from where he killed her (interfering with a corpse ) which the autopsy may refer to...

When this matter gets to court for a murder/manslaughter trial, we will see why the FBI appear to be looking at only BL for this crime.

If they are negligently ignoring other possibilities, the defense will be very quick to bring that up and then create reasonable doubt.

I think there must be some irrefutable evidence. As I personally do not believe the FBI are slackers.

imo
I agree, completely.

Thanks for that because I was wondering if Park Rangers even had body cam at all. Now we know.

And, remember all, they're Federal. And, this is a federal investigation. You'd have to go district court for a FOIA and likely would not get it. MOO JMO and IMO...
FOIA/PA Overviews, Exemptions, and Terms

Exemptions:

(b)(7) Records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such law enforcement records or information:

A. Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings;
B. Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication;
C. Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
D. Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of confidential source, including a state, local, or foreign agency or authority or any private institution that furnished information on a confidential basis, and, in the case of a record or information compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, information furnished by a confidential source;
E. Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law, or;
F. Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety or any individual.

FOIA/PA Overviews, Exemptions, and Terms | Federal Bureau of Investigation

That is interesting- and I agree, he no doubt excluded himself.

That aside, his use of the term brings to mind two points made by other posters:

1. He is probably going to be living a hand to mouth "racoon style" existence of soup kitchens supplemented by petty theft etc.

2. It is far easier to change ones appearance than ones habits.

The "people are an infestation" comment could point towards radical environmental beliefs or ideology. By habit, he may seek out like minded people who share (well to varying degrees of course) this belief and other environmental ideologies.

The next question could be: What areas feature a radical environmental "scene" including like minded people, book stores, coffee shops, hand out spots, travelling speakers and heck- I dont know concerts? and..... are also conducive to a racoon lifestyle?

I think most rural areas can be excluded. While they support raccoon life styles, they usually dont have radical environmental scenes. Moab might be an exception- but he would dare return there. Instead, I am thinking Portland, Seattle, or San Francisco. All have the eco scene and all of the cities tolerate and even facilitate raccoon life styles.
Great thoughts, but don’t think the enviro crowd will offer him any respite or refuge. He killed one of their own in Gabby & I think they’d ostracize him & turn him in. Which brings it back to wilderness & the occasional trek to a petty theft spot. It’s just him, his burner & his parents imo. Mighty miserable existence ahead… imo

The unsettling event reminded me of the Stockholm Syndrome.

"Stockholm syndrome is an emotional response. It happens to some abuse and hostage victims when they have positive feelings toward an abuser or captor.
Someone who has Stockholm syndrome might have confusing feelings toward the abuser, including:
  • Love
  • Sympathy
  • Empathy
  • Desire to protect them"
What Is Stockholm Syndrome?
Excellent comment! Living in the home of his parents and isolated under BL's control on the trip could probably both contribute to that condition. MOO

There is a new video from the bodycam of the 2nd cop, the bearded cop. Some of it is the same as we saw before from a different angle because the cops are together, but there are new parts in this new video. Like when he calls the witness, and when he speaks to gabby alone. It’s a different police officer’s camera, so different POV and different interactions. Although much of it overlaps, too, when they talk to BL or GP 2:1 instead of 1:1.

It is not the female park rangers cam, or the first cam we saw.
Thanks. I think I clicked on the wrong video the first time or I only saw the first part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57