Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think for one minute they thought that Van was his - nope. Gabby traded her Nissan in for the Van - if that Van was in his name he would need to carry insurance and the rates for an under 25 year old male are sky high here in Florida. I think they knew everything that happened starting on around 8/27 -29 and assisted in getting their boy home and safe. I believe the 9/6 camping trip was a farewell and he's someplace far away.
JMO

BBM

Yeah. I thought that too about insurance but apparently it's not true. Women pay more than men in Florida.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/wom...r-car-insurance-in-21-states-study-finds.html

Regardless, I can easily believe the Laundries thought the van was Brian's or thought it was jointly owned (if they thought about it at all.). He apparently did the work outfitting it for their trip. And it's possible he drove it more often than GP did when they lived in FL. And even GP's mom said "they" (meaning GP & BL) got a van and planned the trip. The only person I've seen make a big deal of it belonging to GP is her father. Perhaps he bought it for her? (He said the parents leased the Nissan for her so purchasing the van for her is quite possible.)

JMO

so, again... the family KNOWS he did it. Despite their fairly middle class wealth, they have sufficient funds to convince a NY lawyer to risk his livelihood and freedom to hide a known murderer. Knowing he did it and knowing he will need to go into hiding, the family takes a camping trip first and then puts him on public transportation?

Public transportation!

No.
Public transportation with a wig and shades is not out of the question.

Welp. Cue my disgust for SB for today. This guy truly needs to shut up. How does DTBH effect him at all? At the very minimum, he’s attempting to help locate SB’s client for him! I would think that locating him would be applauded by an attorney who looks forward to the justice system working the way it should. I have not followed a ton of cases but I have never seen a lawyer make their clients more reprehensible to the public. Utterly absurd. JMO.

right?!

How many people over 50 do you think found that comment personally offensive? The dude clearly isn't making friends for himself, his business, or his clients.

Protesters probably heading his way now I would surmise.

Great post. I've been curious all along about whether any of Gabby's things were still in the van. In any case, it seems to me that at least one parent would have looked inside the van while BL was taking his guitar and things out of it. And if he didn't unlock or take anything out of the van, wouldn't that make the parents curious? When Gabby's parents started call, wouldn't that make them even more curious?

If the parents noticed that Gabby's things were there and that BL was basically avoiding the whole topic, was that normal for them, with Brian and his occasional break-ups/separations from Gabby? Again, when Gabby's parents start calling - they had to know something very bad was going on. So they were ready on the 12th to hand over that lawyer's card...

Gabby’s things are still in the house, most likely. The Laundries and Gabby’s family have yet to deal with that. MOO, LE asking That they hold off on that.

I can't imagine why it would ever occur to anyone to wonder who the van their adult son is traveling in is registered to. And what other vehicle would he return in if not the one he left in? Of all the things the Laundries could be criticized for, not knowing the legal registration of someone else's vehicle is not one of them, IMO

Didn’t Gabby live in the Laundries’ house for a year or so? Was that van parked in their driveway? I would certainly be aware of the ownership of any vehicle parked in my driveway for months on end.

So...the family is rounded up, grand kids in tow and we head for the campground for a smoresfest. Part of the jamboree is a pink, polka dotted elephant wearing a clown hat and neon red lipstick.
Comes the day when questions about this outing arise...and nobody at the smoresfest remembers seeing, hearing, smelling, touching, petting, riding, tickling or talking to or about the elephant. One member of the party has gone missing. Two members of the party are totally zipped. The other member of the smoresfest admits it took place - but saw no elephant.
Since the missing guy is a moot point and the two zipped up members of the soiree are, well...zipped up. The remaining member gives up lawyer naughtiness and a touch of "Family Feud". Still no elephant. The situation requires meat, but is instead showered with molecular-sized bread crumbs. Armchair analysts of all stripes seize the bread crumbs and dissect them...looking for an elephant. Ain't there.
The court of public opinion is a fickle thing that gobbles breadcrumbs and extrapolates the shadow of elephants in the ciphering out of them as they are digested and eventually expelled.
Result? Buttoned lips, a fugitive on the run who knows where and a snipe hunt as big as the invasion of Stalingrad.
Still no elephant.
The sobering truth is nothing of substance will come from the Laundrie side of this horrible saga. Everyone will have to wait while the excruciatingly slow process that is the legal system either produces a fugitive or winds down and enters the world of cold cases. In which case, patience will not only be a virtue, but a necessity.
Nothing wrong with being furious. Fury tempered with wisdom and patience is very effective stuff.
In the meantime, there's an opportunity to express compassion, feel genuine sorrow for a young life expunged, and educate our daughters and sons about the signs and dangers of trying to fix people who need every ounce of your energy for repair...and never get repaired. The slap or punch you take and forgive, could have you lying decomposing where only miracles can find you.
MOOing...

Tellin' it like it is. Love it. Well done @TheGardener. On another note, how did you guys burn through 2 (maybe even 3) threads? I thought the only thing that happened was that Laundrie finally mowed his lawn?

Has the FBI contributed to the reward? I just got an alert in my city that the FBI was putting up $25,000 for a girl that was murdered. Odd to me if the FBI has not done this for Gabby.

I think the FBI does that more when they think there's criminal gang involvement or that an entire neighborhood may know who the perp is (and want the money, so they'll turn him in).

The FBI knows who the perp is, in this case, and they also know that the only people who could possibly know where he is aren't talking and won't step up to take a reward.

All it would do is clutter up the case, at this point. IMO. There are rewards offered for Gabby, IIRC, so again, no need for FBI - and no point.

I also believe that DD's tip from near the AT was just one of many on that day (some from the same area, many from completely other places) but that the FBI has its own theories on where he is. They'll take the tips and have federal employees check 'em out, but their focus is elsewhere.

Didn’t Gabby live in the Laundries’ house for a year or so? Was that van parked in their driveway? I would certainly be aware of the ownership of any vehicle parked in my driveway for months on end.
exactly - there is no way I would not know who owned a car parked in my driveway - it's a ridiculous notion IMO. But yet we still talk about the Van..... (including me).
sorry folks.
JMO

I mean, the term hangry had to come from somewhere. So you could be on to something.

I've got to go back and watch the video again, I read a comment somewhere, don't recall where now, that at the end of one of the body cam videos BL makes a statement to the officer that's taking him to the hotel/motel that he isn't taking the medication he should be taking because he thinks it makes him worse. Does anyone off the top of their head remember this part of the video?

I can't go back until a little later this evening to try to find it, but that is an interesting snippet if it's true.

BBM

Officer Daniel Robbins: (01:08:31)
Oh I’ve got quite a few. Like I said, my wife has really, really bad, bad anxiety and she takes medication for it daily. And sometimes it’s just not enough. Sometimes it builds up and it happens. I mean…

Brian Laundrie: (01:08:44)
My doctor told me I had anxiety, he prescribed me medication [inaudible 01:08:53] I believed that if I took the medication I might put myself off balance and be more anxious. That’s probably just a part of my anxiety.

Dumb question…….Are the police allowed to search safe houses (hiding spots) at this point?

I'm not sure what you're asking? I'm sure if LE suspected BL was hidden in any one particular spot...they would get a warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592