Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly your post made me think about something I've thought about often about the Moab police cam vid. I'm sure it means nothing but I keeps popping up in my head without any encouragement). And that's the fact BL in the very beginning of the vid referred to Gabby was Gabrielle and 'my fiancé'. There's got to be a reason in his mind why he'd do that and not simply say Gabby, when I don't think he called her Gabrielle when he spoke about her in everyday life. It's like 'my fiancé Gabrielle' was supposed to how LE viewed BL or something.

Sorry for my nonsense thoughts. There's something there, I just can't articulate it. lol

Oh no, I understand you perfectly (I think).

You're thinking this speaks to the unbecoming possessiveness that Brian's former coworkers have said Brian applied towards Gabby. As if he's peeing on his property.

(Am I close?)

For me, it is still odd that the search mainly took place 5-6 miles from where the car was left and where BL was eventually found. The days they said for sure they had cadaver dog(s) on the search, it was at the northern edge of the preserve - almost 6 miles from where he was found.

Presumably, they felt they'd search the area near the car thoroughly enough early on. But I'd think that if they thought he'd killed himself, the logical place would be not too far from where he parked. OTOH, if he was on the run, he would have passed through the preserve (quickly, if he had any sense) and not be a cadaver at the northern end. Maybe there was a cadaverine hit from another human up that way that threw things off.
That bugs me, too. Start with the idea that he may have gone in there to kill himself. They Knew where he entered. Follow a trail or what the most logical path he would take.....especially with dogs, then if no luck, expand your search... geez. jmo Also, it's not likely that he waded through knee-high swamp just to kill himself. Look where it was still dry on the 13 and 14th, even though he wasn't reported missing til the 17th.

This is just my opinion, but I think this scenario is more simple than people are construing.
Although I do believe BL killed GP, I don’t necessarily think BL’s parents had a hand in facilitating his disappearance. It is very possible that he told his parents that she went elsewhere due to a break up and didn’t actually know she was missing until GP’s mom contacted them some 10 days after he got back. When told where he could have been, LE looked in more obvious places with the assumption that he was on the run and didn’t look at-or at least closely-the swamps. I just think we need to hear more from BL’s parents before this manifests into a witch-hunt even more than has been done. Two families have lost their kiddos and I would hope for more empathy atm until something comes out stating otherwise.

It's beautiful and full of exotic flora and fauna.
jmho

Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park

AMENITIES:
  1. Bike Trail
  2. Birding
  3. Dog Friendly
  4. Equestrian Trails
  5. Fishing
  6. Green Space
  7. Nature Preserve
  8. Outdoor Grill
  9. Parking Lot
  10. Pavilion Without Electricity
  11. Picnic Tables
  12. Primitive Camp
  13. Restrooms
  14. Walking Trails (Unpaved)
Your Local Parks | North Port, FL

15. Alligators LOL

I really doubt the evidence was planted. I do think the parent dropped that dry sack off for him early on and possibly had contact with him in the first few days before he was reported missing by them. I think they found that dry sack and knew he never got it. no other reason it would be so far from body and back pack, that they would magically find it, and that they would feel okay picking it up bare handed so now their fingerprints had a reason to be there as opposed to fingerprints being on there from drop off. But no I do not think any of that happened yesterday. it happened last month early on and they didnt think he'd kill himself/get eaten
If something dragged him off, I could see his items like the bag being far from where the remains were found, in addition to water which might have moved the remains and the bag differently, depending on weight, float etc. JMO.

Someone before said that perhaps the backpack was on the remains. could be like a weight, to support your theory. but of course, the conditions of the remains would make it pretty much impossible to know if it was a drowning.

Actually, drowning in a natural body of water leaves residues in the bone marrow chambers. Dead critters from the pond (microscopic). Microscopic algae. It's a technique that's more than 20 year old and has been much improved since I was in school.

Detection of green algae (Chlorophyceae) for the diagnosis of drowning - International Journal of Legal Medicine

Doesn't always happen that the marrow chambers are intact, but often they are.

Oh no, I understand you perfectly (I think).

You're thinking this speaks to the unbecoming possessiveness that Brian's former coworkers have said Brian applied towards Gabby. As if he's peeing on his property.

(Am I close?)

Perhaps he had low self-esteem and thought Gabby was "out of his league" and her choosing him as her fiancee somehow gave him more respectability and elevated him into a more worthy person. "I'm not just some run of the mill cretin, I'm GABBY'S fiancee!"

At this point, I am personally interested in what LE says, what the Laundries may say, what Gabby’s family says, or what forensics professionals say. I’m no longer prepared to accept what SB says as fact. JMO.

These are all good points. I completely forgot about the ticket on the car.

So nothing about that week seems abnormal to me personally. He didn't come home, they reported it. They bring the car home because it was going to be towed.

Since the beginning, I've thought there was a gun missing from the car. LE went to check the car for something that Friday night without gloves. They checked places that someone could have stored a gun. Either the Laundries discovered it was missing and were legitimately concerned he did/would kill himself, or LE asked them if he had any weapons and it was discovered the gun was missing. I think they concentrated so hard on the park to search because they suspected he was there, likely dead.

MOO.
Quite right. Gabby's mother made mention that as soon as she learned Gabby's van was in the Laundries driveway and that BL had returned without her, she knew Gabby was gone.

It may have been the same with BL's mother. When he did not return on the night of the 13th, she just knew. Sometimes a mother just knows.

Many of us have wondered (for weeks) about the seemingly endless search of the Myakkahachee/Carlton area and why LE kept at it. This may be why - a mother's insistence that she knew her child was there. LE believed her and so do I. jmo

That is pure speculation and most likely false. He said he was going for a hike. Why would that throw up giant red flags? He had been with them for almost 2 weeks by then. Can you even say for certain this is the first time he went hiking?

And what about returning home unexpected without your fiancé? Does this not raise any red flags? What about returning with a van you do not own? How about why your son came home with all the personal belongings of your fiancé, but no fiancé, but feel like going camping with the family after splitting from the woman you are supposed to marry?

So many red flags, and no pleas to help find your missing future daughter-in-law.

Okay questions ...

I just heard the remains are skeletal, does that make it harder to verify if it is Brian? If they have dental it might be easier. But more importantly, if it's him can they target his time of death.

Not to mention if his remains are skeletal doesn't that mean he highly likely he has been here a while, ergo perhaps all those sightings were bogus and the Laundries were being more honest than we thought as well

The medical examiner can pull mitochondrial DNA from the bones if the teeth are missing.

I am in the camp of BL dying by suicide, given the totality of circumstances. Or maybe an alligator got him.

But what I'm puzzled about is why he had all this stuff with him. We'll never really know his state of mind unless there is a note or something, but maybe it points to him not being sure what he was going to do when he went there initially? JMOO I also wonder what he was doing when LE came to get the van on Saturday night (the 11th). Was he watching? Was he freaking out? Was he shut in his room? And what did he do that Sunday and until he took off on Monday? Maybe he was refusing to talk to his parents? The circumstances of him coming back with the van and GP's parents looking for her would be enough for an attorney to advise that they shouldn't talk to anybody, IMO.

Interestingly your post made me think about something I've thought about often about the Moab police cam vid. I'm sure it means nothing but I keeps popping up in my head without any encouragement. And that's the fact BL in the very beginning of the vid referred to Gabby was Gabrielle and 'my fiancé'. There's got to be a reason in his mind why he'd do that and not simply say Gabby, when I don't think he called her Gabrielle when he spoke about her in everyday life. It's like 'my fiancé Gabrielle' was supposed to show LE how BL viewed her or something.

Sorry for my nonsense thoughts. There's something there, I just can't articulate it. lol
Definitely an interesting observation. I've also wondered - since neither of them called 911 on each other, they probably thought they were being pulled over for speeding and his bumping the curb. Then it suddenly unfolded into a more psychological type of questioning. They had no time to plan what they were going to say to the authorities, so the fact that he asked "What can we do to make this disappear" (or similar wording) also implies to me that they, or he, or she, were okay in their current situation and would prefer a moving violation because they didn't ask the police for help with what was really going on, if that makes sense.

“If the dogs are well trained, well maintained, and we’re in that area, then yeah, they should have smelled the odor of the human,” Heyen said.

This is what I said yesterday. Since the remains are skeletal they didn't show up there recently. My best guess is the dogs never got close enough to do their trained final response. Poor training would be second. JMO.

‘Highly suspicious:’ How cadaver dogs missed skeletal remains while searching for Brian Laundrie at Florida reserve | WFLA

Yeah & idk if vultures would still circle if the body was underwater…I’m clueless about the behavior of vultures lol. But Banfield did say that Pasco County was “clear with [her] about the prowess of Diesel,” & that he absolutely would get a scent off the water. So…that’s interesting. IMO.

Wonder what his hit-rate is with bones?

TBH @citizen_sleuth might already know more about cadaver dogs & bones ( Swedish dogs in The Investigation scented the remains via fat on wind currents from the bottom of the sea)

Was there a report in the news yesterday that when RL found what he did in the underbrush, he put it IN the white bag himself? Can't find it now.

Yeah & idk if vultures would still circle if the body was underwater…I’m clueless about the behavior of vultures lol. But Banfield did say that Pasco County was “clear with [her] about the prowess of Diesel,” & that he absolutely would get a scent off the water. So…that’s interesting. IMO.

Wonder what his hit-rate is with bones? Did Diesel even search that area?*

TBH @citizen_sleuth might already know more about cadaver dogs & bones ( Swedish dogs in The Investigation scented the remains via fat on wind currents from the bottom of the sea)

ETA Ah! Just seen that @RANCH has already posted more on this aspect *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member