Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
People do all kinds of things after discovering dead bodies. Many of those things are not logical. I'm not saying "leaving her decaying body out in the woods" (as you put it) would have been logical. I'm also not saying he just randomly stumbled over her dead body after hiking. Rather, if that happened I'd suspect a campsite had already been set up. I'm also saying it is illogical to me to decide killing himself proves he killed her. It's possible he killed himself for other reasons such as those I described. Plus, we don't even know yet that he did kill himself. While (as you say) it would have been a stroke of bad luck for BL for GP to be found alone & killed by a stranger, but it's not as though that's never happened to anyone. (Bad luck for GP too, IMO.)

For me to decide he absolutely killed her I need more than a failure of BL to act logically or a failure to act the way I think I would have acted in his situation. I also need more than "if not BL, then who?" to decide he must have done it. Finally, if he did kill himself, BL's apparently happy mood with his nephews could be easily explained. He may have been trying to give them one last happy memory of time with him. Cassie said he was a very loving uncle. Also, it's not unusual for people who've decided to kill themselves to "cheer up." The decision has been made. The pain will be over soon. Relief is on the way.

Again, I'm not saying he didn't do it. I'm simply saying based on currently known evidence I'm just not ready to join the parade that says he's definitely guilty. And the posts I've read so far suggesting X proves his guilt have all been flawed to me. After all, it wasn't that long ago people were 100% sure he killed her immediately after eating at the Mexican restaurant based on the TikToker's GP apology story and the fact he "smirked" at times. The manager's story of the couple's failed dine & dash attempt put a bit of a crimp in that theory. And the engineer who was 99.9% sure he talked to BL in a parking lot near the AT? Many here believed he saw BL. Then after BL's "skeletal remains" were found some seriously suggested BL yanked out his teeth and left them in the FL swamp to be found while he ran to Mexico. How lucky a few individual teeth could be found in a 25,000 acre flooded preserve! (But, of course, his parents led LE to them!) And how many prepaid credit cards were the Laundries hypothesized to have given him? (Along with a kayak at Ft DeSoto, a ride to the Mexican border, and a crawl space hideout under their Florida slab foundation home.)

JMO

I've been away for awhile, just lurking, because there's really not much more to say right now. But I agree with a lot of this. It doesn't mean I'm on this or that "team." I'm not personally vested in this case, I'm just an outsider with an interest in watching how this case has unfolded and how it will be solved. The primary thing I keep in mind is this: we have been presented with almost no evidence beyond the fact that BL and GP were traveling together, they had an encounter with the police, and now they are both dead. Just about everything else is just stuff that has been reported in news reports of various levels of quality and what various people have chosen to post to their personal social media accounts. IMO, all that stuff, while interesting, is not enough for me to come out and publicly state that so and so did such and such. It certainly seems very very likely that BL had something to do with GPs death, but I am not personally willing to say publicly that I am sure what exactly happened.

Think about BL’s behavior in stark contrast to Mollie Tibbett’s boyfriend’s behavior after she went missing. He sounded the alarm when he found out she didn’t show up to work. He drove home. He allowed himself to be questioned by LE even though he was likely to be their first suspect. He was with her family, they worked together to find her. He didn’t slink off and hide with her stuff. He HELPED.

If BL returned from his hike, which apparently no one saw him on, and found her dead why wouldn’t he want police out there ASAP while the evidence was fresh? That would have been the time to prove someone else was there. Other campers could have been questioned. DNA would have been present. There may have been footprints or drag marks or whatever. But we will never know because he chose to hide her death and run away.

exactly, if you care about someone you (even a stranger) will call for help, to report them deceased and to help find out what killed them or to find out who killed them and bring them justice.
Even if you fear being falsely accused you can report their death and lawyer up and talk to LE with your attorney.

I'll probably never know who knew what when, but when a couple calls off an engagement vs postpones a wedding, something is wrong. As a parent, I'd want to know why are you calling off the engagement. Being young as a reason to call off vs postpone doesn't work for me. Some signs of trouble had to be present before this van trip.

MOO

I disagree (except for your last line; everything I've read about G and B as a couple were signs of trouble). I can imagine many cases where the parent might 'know' in their heart why an engagement is called off, and not need to ask ("Thank god, they were way too young/too incompatible and I'm glad they came to their senses!"). G and B were said by most of their friends to have a volatile on/off relationship for years, and maybe their parents were expecting the engagement to not last.

If I'm on a vacation with my husband and come back from shopping and he's strangled dead, I'd be screaming my bloody head off, calling for help. I wouldn't get back in our car, drive home & pretend he didn't exist, or that I just left him there to fend for himself a ride home because I've got his debt card. And if I did dump him there you can bet he'd be calling everyone to tell them what a b I am!
It's leaning towards him hurting her at their campsite, trying to shut her up.
M00
Edited to add, on Dr. Phil, Gabby's stepdad said something to the effect, of where the fire ring was & where the tent door was possibly at, and that's the way be would have set up his site. I'm just wondering if the tent was there when the searchers found Gabby?
My own musings
I really want to know about the campsite as well. If he really went away on a solo hike, I do not believe she would have set up a tent to hang out in alone. I believe she would have gone to a place with wifi to work on her project. She would have slept in a locked van instead of a tent at night, alone.

I do not believe she ran into a random killer in that crowded national park that strangled her, right after her longtime boyfriend happened to walk away.

Think about BL’s behavior in stark contrast to Mollie Tibbett’s boyfriend’s behavior after she went missing. He sounded the alarm when he found out she didn’t show up to work. He drove home. He allowed himself to be questioned by LE even though he was likely to be their first suspect. He was with her family, they worked together to find her. He didn’t slink off and hide with her stuff. He HELPED.

If BL returned from his hike, which apparently no one saw him on, and found her dead why wouldn’t he want police out there ASAP while the evidence was fresh? That would have been the time to prove someone else was there. Other campers could have been questioned. DNA would have been present. There may have been footprints or drag marks or whatever. But we will never know because he chose to hide her death and run away.
THIS^^^!!! All of the above....

I don't understand why they didn't call LE to help with his.

Bingo! If you’ve got nothing to hide, then why the big cover up? The truth shall set you free! IMO

True, his DNA under her nails won't prove he killed her but his fingerprint DNA on her neck where he strangled her will.

well, if there was a struggle and there is only or nearly only Brian's DNA under her nails- it kinda rules out a stranger. For that matter if she is cleaned it makes a stranger much less likely, too. Why would a stranger hang around their victim removing DNA that wouldn't be behind one of the first doors LE knocks on?

A Bradenton woman claims Brian Laundrie’s father owes her at least $40 . . .
11/12/2021 NOTICE OF DISMISSAL
Sarasota Clerk
ClerkNet 3.0
Docket Date DIN Description Pages Image
11/12/2021 6 NOTICE OF DISMISSAL 3
10/21/2021 5 SUMMONS SERVED - CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE 5
10/18/2021 4 PAYMENT $65.00 RECEIPT #2021088562 1
10/18/2021 3 SUMMONS ISSUED - COUNTY - CHRISTOPHER LAUNDRIE - FORWARDED WITH MONEY ORDER TO SSO CIVIL 3
10/18/2021 2 PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE - SMALL CLAIMS SET FOR 12/01/2021 AT 9:30 AM IN 2 , JDG: DENKIN, DAVID LEE 0
10/18/2021 1 STATEMENT OF CLAIM - UNDER $100.00 (SOUTH COUNTY) 8

upload_2021-11-12_18-23-19.png
Brian Laundrie’s dad sued for $40 by protester who claims he took down Gabby Petito sign | WFLA
Brian Laundrie’s dad sued for $40 by protester who claims he took down Gabby Petito sign
Oct 19, 2021
NORTH PORT, Fla. (WFLA) — A Bradenton woman claims Brian Laundrie’s father owes her at least $40 after he took down a sign that she helped put up outside the Laundrie family’s North Port home, according to a complaint.

The complaint was filed on Monday in the small claims division of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court in Sarasota County. It lists Andra Griffin of Bradenton as the plaintiff. Christopher Laundrie is listed as the defendant.

Overall statistics say that strangers usually do not kill a person at home or where they are sleeping.
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/vvcs9310.pdf
(see esp. chart 16 near the end)
and that stranger attacks more often involve guns, robbery or some other argument. (the stats end at 2010 so if there is anything more recent, and there are changes, please post)

if not BL, who finds GP in a campsite, not that close to her vehicle, manually strangles her, no robbery involved (?), places her body there. If not BL, do we think some one was stalking her/them? Following the van? I think BL was the only person who even knew where GP was. IMO.

Overall statistics say that strangers usually do not kill a person at home or where they are sleeping.
https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/vvcs9310.pdf
(see esp. chart 16 near the end)
and that stranger attacks more often involve guns, robbery or some other argument. (the stats end at 2010 so if there is anything more recent, and there are changes, please post)

if not BL, who finds GP in a campsite, not that close to her vehicle, manually strangles her, no robbery involved (?), places her body there. If not BL, do we think some one was stalking her/them? Following the van? I think BL was the only person who even knew where GP was. IMO.
I'm no expert on moving a person who can not help you (physically assist), the few times I've needed another person because , it's like dead weight. I just can't imagine bl moving a helpless person alone , that distance, thru water's , rocks and timbers without using a tarp or blanket as a sled type device.
M00
Edited for spelling

"Should I stay or should I go?" IF BL returned from a hike and found Gabby deceased, I wonder if he asked that before leaving her body?
BL allegedly cared about the planet drowning in plastic (no plastic bottles, melon bowls). So it's confusing how a person who worried about the planet could not worry about his girlfriend's dead body. It seems one would take a whole lot more effort than the other. Maybe I don't know the real Brian.

I believe BL is guilty from the little evidence known to me at this point. For me, I would not leave my dead dog much less a loved one. I know bc when I was younger than BL, I found my loved German Shepard dead by the side of the road. My feet did not touch the ground running for help, I've been told.
@acutename I agree, statistics are offer good clues. @blackbeary Didn't BL reportedly have the tarp according to one hitchhike ride driver?
My own humble point of view.

EBM

Last edited:
"Should I stay or should I go?" IF BL returned from a hike and found Gabby deceased, I wonder if he asked that before leaving her body?
BL allegedly cared about the planet drowning in plastic (no plastic bottles, melon bowls). So it's confusing how a person who worried about the planet could not worry about his girlfriend's dead body. It seems one would take a whole lot more effort than the other. Maybe I don't know the real Brian.

I believe BL is guilty from the little evidence known to me at this point. For me, I would not leave my dead dog much less a loved one. I know bc when I was younger than BL, I found my loved German Shepard dead by the side of the road. My feet did not touch the ground running for help, I've been told.
@acutename I agree, statistics are offer good clues. @blackbeary Didn't BL reportedly have the tarp according to one hitchhike ride driver?
My own humble point of view.

EBM
Yes. I believe he did say he was sleeping in a tarp.

Pretty much everything leads to Brian killing Gabby. But now we have a gun found in Camp Desoto and a leg found in Tampa (Sun News). I think this case attracted so many more people than normal, because there have been so many things that just when you think you know, something else happens. If anything, Gabby wanted to be an internet star, and because of her, look at all the cases that have been solved, or bodies found.

Until he ran away and was later found dead, I was willing to give Brian the benefit of the doubt that someone, in some infinitesimally small chance, may have actually gotten to Gabby and killed her while he, Brian, happened not to be around for some reason. In fact, if Brian had had his wits about him, he probably could have arranged things to make it seem that way and make it essentially impossible for a jury to ever convict him of Gabby's murder. But everything he did after Gabby's death just screams that he was a panicked young man who had no idea what to do and was changing his plans on the fly.

The method of death--strangulation--also makes it very unlikely that it was a stranger who killed her, unless she just happened to fall into the clutches of a serial killer whose MO is strangulation. And as I said in my first sentence, the chances of that being the case seem vanishingly small.

I'm no expert on moving a person who can not help you (physically assist), the few times I've needed another person because , it's like dead weight. I just can't imagine bl moving a helpless person alone , that distance, thru water's , rocks and timbers without using a tarp or blanket as a sled type device.
M00
Edited for spelling
As small as Gabby was (I read her stats as being 5'5" and 49kg, which is a little over 100 pounds), a typical grown man wouldn't have had much trouble lifting her up and carrying her around. Depending on the man's endurance, he may or may not have been able to carry her very far. But simply scooping her up and moving her around would be very doable for the average adult male.

Until he ran away and was later found dead, I was willing to give Brian the benefit of the doubt that someone, in some infinitesimally small chance, may have actually gotten to Gabby and killed her while he, Brian, happened not to be around for some reason. In fact, if Brian had had his wits about him, he probably could have arranged things to make it seem that way and make it essentially impossible for a jury to ever convict him of Gabby's murder. But everything he did after Gabby's death just screams that he was a panicked young man who had no idea what to do and was changing his plans on the fly.

The method of death--strangulation--also makes it very unlikely that it was a stranger who killed her, unless she just happened to fall into the clutches of a serial killer whose MO is strangulation. And as I said in my first sentence, the chances of that being the case seem vanishingly small.

As small as Gabby was (I read her stats as being 5'5" and 49kg, which is a little over 100 pounds), a typical grown man wouldn't have had much trouble lifting her up and carrying her around. Depending on the man's endurance, he may or may not have been able to carry her very far. But simply scooping her up and moving her around would be very doable for the average adult male.
I was basing my assessment from watching Brian Entin walking from the van to Gabby's "campsite" and all of the streams, logs & rock's.
It seems like they may have set up camp there, and he tried to shut her up again where the rock cross was placed.
He risk being seen if he had taken her away from the van, yet anything is possible.
M00

Pretty much everything leads to Brian killing Gabby. But now we have a gun found in Camp Desoto and a leg found in Tampa (Sun News). I think this case attracted so many more people than normal, because there have been so many things that just when you think you know, something else happens. If anything, Gabby wanted to be an internet star, and because of her, look at all the cases that have been solved, or bodies found.
Really? Whose case has been solved because of her? Whose body has been found because of her? I seriously must have missed those. Thanks

Really? Whose case has been solved because of her? Whose body has been found because of her? I seriously must have missed those. Thanks

Many of the news reports cite different numbers of missing persons found during the search for Gabby. Only a few seem to be directly connected to the search and a few others appear to be related to the search for BL (found when the lookalikes were reported). I’m not sure how many/if any of them have been labeled “solved.” A few people found near where they were searching for Gabby are listed near the end of this article.

Amid Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie search, 6 additional bodies discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members