WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 25, 2021
Notebook found near Brian Laundrie's remains 'may be salvageable,' police say: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)
[...]

Notebook found near Brian Laundrie's remains 'may be salvageable,' police say
[...]

"It appears it may be salvageable. That really is a question for FBI though," North Port Police Department Public Information Officer Josh Taylor told Fox News Digital when asked about the condition of the notebook and whether it had any legible writing inside of it.

[...]

Laundrie family grieves in private following son's death
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino tells Fox News Digital that Brian Laundrie’s family is grieving together at an undisclosed location in Florida after the FBI identified Laundrie’s remains on Oct. 21.

Brian Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, left their North Port, Fla., home on Sunday morning to meet with their daughter, Cassie Laundrie, and her husband, Jimmy Luycx.

[...]

OCT 25, 2021
Police admit to mistaking Roberta Laundrie for Brian Laundrie during week he disappeared | KRON4
North Port Police Department officials have told WINK that investigators made mistakes in Brian Laundrie’s case. The department said they thought they were keeping a close eye on Laundrie before he went missing, but actually confused him for his mother.

According to the North Port Police Department, police started watching the Laundrie family home after Petito was reported missing. Officers reported seeing Brian Laundrie leave in a gray Mustang Sept. 13, but spokesperson Josh Taylor said he thinks they mistook Brian’s mother for her son when the Mustang returned on Sept. 15.
[...]

How the mixup happened is not entirely clear. Taylor said that Roberta Laundrie was wearing a baseball cap and that the two are “kind of built similarly.”

[...]

[URL='https://twitter.com/BrianEntin']Brian Entin@BrianEntin
[/URL]

1/2 North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor says officers thought they saw Brian Laundrie coming home in the Mustang Wednesday Sept. 15 -- but it was actually his mom Roberta. Taylor tells me because Roberta was wearing a baseball cap, officers were confused and made the mistake.

2:42 PM · Oct 25, 2021·

[URL='https://twitter.com/BrianEntin']Brian Entin@BrianEntin
[/URL]

2/2 Taylor says this is why the police chief said on Thursday Sept 16th that he knew where Brian Laundrie was, when in fact he didn't.

2:42 PM · Oct 25, 2021

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 on Twitter
From@NorthPortPolice
: This misidentification did not have a big impact on costs and the investigation. Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased. He still needed to be found.
@fox13news #brianlaundrie
10:14 AM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Contd. from@NorthPortPolice
“We just wanted people to better understand why we thought we knew Brian was in his home. It was a direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on this investigation.”@fox13news #brianlaundrie #northport
10:15 AM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 on Twitter
From the Laundrie attorney: I concur with Mr. Taylor that Brian may have already been deceased when NPPD realized that they “lost track” of him. However you can’t blame the family because the police didn’t know enough to follow someone they were obviously surveilling. @fox13news
12:43 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Contd. from Laundrie attorney: This is a tragedy for two families and any mistakes made by anyone or any entity involved should be acknowledged and used to train or educate others so the mistakes are not repeated. @fox13news
#northport #brianlaundrie
12:46 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

JUST IN: Steven Bertolino, #BrianLaundrie family attorney on @NorthPortPolice and surveillance of Brian, losing track of him + false accusations made by the public
https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1453049189584285702/photo/1

[URL='https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1453049189584285702']1:21 PM · Oct 26, 2021
·Twitter for iPhone[/URL]

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 on Twitter (Video)
Chris and Roberta Laundrie just arrived back home in North Port.
@fox13news #northport #brianlaundrie
2:45 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
Brian Entin on Twitter
Medical examiner says no DNA analysis on Brian Laundrie's remains has been performed yet. Samples will be submitted for DNA testing once the examination of the remains is complete. The remains were confirmed to be Brian by using dental records.
3:53 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter Web App

J.B. Biunno on Twitter
DNA UPDATE: I submitted an inquiry this morning to @NorthPortPolice
on whether *any* DNA testing was done on #BrianLaundrie's remains. Here's the response: "No DNA analysis has been performed" but "samples will be submitted." Thoughts on this from our #WFLANow viewers? #HeyJB

3:43 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter Web App
J.B. Biunno on Twitter
Remember, this is why you don’t trust reckless, baseless claims from non-credible sources of information. No DNA analysis has been conducted yet, NPPD confirms. 145,000+ people believed the below post to be true to where they shared it yesterday. #FakeNews @Facebook

4:09 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jossie Carbonare on Twitter
BREAKING: Steven Bertolino, #BrianLaundrie family attorney tells me the medical examiner has no info at this time to share because it is still an open investigation, however he says he was told we can expect a report on the cause of death in 2 to 3 weeks.
6:41 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

NewsNation Now on Twitter (Video)
What happens to the investigation into the death of Gabby Petito now that the only person of interest, Brian Laundrie, is also dead? Former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer breaks open the facts to set things straight.
8:13 PM · Sep 14, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
Just popping in here a sec -- I saw this -- please excuse if it's a repeat -- Just a little news from the Brilliant Attorney SB:

Brian Laundrie's Family Attorney Says There Won't Be a Funeral as Autopsy Results Come Back Inconclusive
Attorney Steven Bertolino tells PEOPLE that the 23-year-old fugitive's partial human remains — which were found earlier this week — will be cremated
By Nicholas Rice and Katie Campione October 24, 2021 05:00 PM
[...]
On Sunday, attorney Steven Bertolino told PEOPLE that "no manner or cause of death was determined, and the remains were sent to an anthropologist for further evaluation."

Bertolino also said that Laundrie's "remains will be cremated and there will be no funeral service."

---------------
More here:
Brian Laundrie's Family Attorney Says There Won't Be a Funeral as Autopsy Results Come Back Inconclusive

Brian Entin on Twitter (Video)
Moab.
9:10 PM · Oct 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Transcribed by me - beginning at the 9:15 mark:

Brian Entin: The man who sold, uh, Roberta and Chris Laundrie the pop-up camper - the camper that I've been standing in front of in their driveway - reached out to me.

Um, and I talked to him and I got the records that he in fact sold it to the Laundrie's. He, he kept pretty detailed records, he has the check, he has pictures of the camper.

Uh, and basically what he told me is that in mid-August he sold them the camper. Um, he lives on the other side of Orlando and he sold it for $7,000. They gave, they drove there to look at it. They gave him a $1,000 cash...ah, they gave him $1,000 cash and then a $6,000 check and he didn't want to give up the camper until the check cleared.

Well, he says the check did not clear, it bounced. Uh,, for whatever reason, and they returned several weeks later with the additional $6,000 in cash, and purchased the camper.

So, I have the exact dates. I'll, I'll tweet it out. I have all the notes on it, I just don't have 'em in front of me right now.

OCT 27, 2021
Gabby Petito's dad on Brian Laundrie's recovered notebook (nypost.com)
[...]

The dad said that nothing in the book will bring back his daughter nor help with the grief of losing a child, the outlet reported.

He also doubts that anything in the notebook will explain how his daughter’s death during her cross-country camping trip with Laundrie could have been avoided.

Petito told TMZ that the only reason to be interested in what Laundrie wrote would be for his own selfish gratification.

Instead, he hopes that focus on his daughter’s case — which led to several bodies being found during the search for her and then Laundrie — will now help shine a light on still-missing people who can be saved.

[...]

Uncovering Brian Laundrie’s secrets | Banfield - 10/25/21

On tonight’s episode of Banfield, we are uncovering the secrets Brian Laundrie did not take to his grave, including his bones and his notebook.

What questions will they answer? Kathy Reichs, the real-life inspiration behind the hit TV series “Bones,” joins us to discuss her theories on how Brian Laundrie ended up dead.

Criminal defense and civil rights attorney Mark O’Mara talks to us about Laundrie’s attorney and his attorney-client privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member