You Can't Make This Up - No Discussion

A car driving with a bull in it was pulled over by police in northeast Nebraska's biggest city.

Don't worry, he didn't steer.

AA1g3Eu2.img

a Watusi bull named Howdy Doody sits in the passenger seat of a car owned by Lee Meyer on Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2023 in Norfolk, Neb.

Surveillance footage shows convicted murderer Danelo Cavalcante escaping a Pennsylvania prison by climbing, Spiderman-like, up a wall until he disappeared from view. Authorities are still looking for him more than a week later. https://cbsn.ws/3sIEEON

Edited: Adding Brian Entin's X post.

Newly released video shows convicted murderer Danelo Cavalcante escape from the Chester County Prison exercise yard in Pennsylvania on August 31. He shimmys up the wall backwards.

Last edited:
Scientist puzzled by biological mystery found off Alaskan coast

Updated: 1:21 PM PDT September 8, 2023

SEATTLE — A "golden orb" referred to as a "yellow hat" found off the coast of Alaska during a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) expedition has scientists puzzled.

The NOAA ship Okeanos Explorer came across the "confounding sight" on August 30 while exploring a small seamount in the Gulf of Alaska. NOAA said expedition personnel were using a remotely operated vehicle and were gliding over a rocky outcrop at a depth of about 2 miles at the time.

Scientist puzzled by biological mystery found off Alaskan coast

Updated: 1:21 PM PDT September 8, 2023

SEATTLE — A "golden orb" referred to as a "yellow hat" found off the coast of Alaska during a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) expedition has scientists puzzled.

The NOAA ship Okeanos Explorer came across the "confounding sight" on August 30 while exploring a small seamount in the Gulf of Alaska. NOAA said expedition personnel were using a remotely operated vehicle and were gliding over a rocky outcrop at a depth of about 2 miles at the time.
Aliens ?

How to see a newly discovered comet before it disappears for 400 years

Sep. 09, 2023, 10:18 p.m.

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — A newly discovered comet is swinging through our cosmic neighborhood for the first time in more than 400 years.

Stargazers across the Northern Hemisphere should catch a glimpse as soon as possible — either this week or early next — because it will be another 400 years before the wandering ice ball returns.

The 1/2-mile-sized comet will sweep safely past Earth on Sept. 12, passing within 78 million miles. [...]

[...] The comet will come closest to the sun — closer than Mercury is — on about Sept. 17 before departing the solar system. That’s assuming it doesn’t disintegrate when it buzzes the sun, though Chodas said “it’s likely to survive its passage.”

9.11.01: 22 years later and we have not forgotten. Today, we remember those who tragically perished, those who served, and those who carry on. #NeverForget911

22 years ago tonight, nearly 3000 people, including 23 members of the NYPD, spent their final night with their families and loved ones. This evening, as the WTC Memorial “Tribute in Light” shines over NYC, our thoughts are with the families & friends of every soul lost on 9/11.

1694452231237.png

The remains of two people who died in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center have been identified, the latest positive identification in the decadeslong effort to return victims to their familie

SEPTEMBER 11, 2023 / 6:18 AM

The remains of two people who died in the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center have been identified, the latest positive identification in the decadeslong effort to return victims to their families.

Authorities confirmed the identification of the remains of a man and woman days ahead of the 22nd anniversary of the hijacked-plane attack that killed nearly 3,000 people in Lower Manhattan. Their names were withheld by city officials at the request of their families.

9.11.01: 22 years later and we have not forgotten. Today, we remember those who tragically perished, those who served, and those who carry on. #NeverForget911

22 years ago tonight, nearly 3000 people, including 23 members of the NYPD, spent their final night with their families and loved ones. This evening, as the WTC Memorial “Tribute in Light” shines over NYC, our thoughts are with the families & friends of every soul lost on 9/11.

View attachment 446309
I’ll never forget that day. My husband called me from his work and said, have you seen the news? I said no. I hadn’t seen it because I didn’t normally have the TV on in the morning and I had been doing housework.

Once I turned it in, I couldn’t turn it off. I was glued to it. For days.
And the horror of it all… oh the horror. I cry every time I go back to those days.
I simply can’t imagine the pain and suffering of those poor people.
It’s so heart breaking.

We love Shoji Tabuchi. I just learned that he had passed away.
An extreme gifted violinist and Branson, MO entertainer.
So much personality, and a beautiful person. We were privileged to see him on three occasions over a number of years.

And yes, the bathrooms really were that luxurious. They had this amazing hand/body lotion that I can’t find any longer.

I‘m so sad to hear of his passing. No one can ever replace Shoji Tabuchi. He broke the mold. He was truly an icon in Branson, and will truly be missed. RIP dear sir.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back