You don't change your phone number and plan

1 - i've only switched #s once, moved cross country
2 - I do know my friends carriers because I need to know who I can talk to on "free minutes" (same carrier) and who I need to be careful not talking too much with.

That being said, it still doesn't make sense that she wouldnt put a nannys number on her phone.

1 - i've only switched #s once, moved cross country
2 - I do know my friends carriers because I need to know who I can talk to on "free minutes" (same carrier) and who I need to be careful not talking too much with.

That being said, it still doesn't make sense that she wouldnt put a nannys number on her phone.

It doesn't make sense that she didn't put the nanny's number on the refrigerator door! Who lives in a house where a child is being cared for by more than one person and they don't share important phone numbers, addresses, schedules, etc.:waitasec:

It doesn't make sense that she didn't put the nanny's number on the refrigerator door! Who lives in a house where a child is being cared for by more than one person and they don't share important phone numbers, addresses, schedules, etc.:waitasec:

recently when my mom was in a nursing home--I had her phone number everywhere --- by my phone downstairs, caller id, cell phones (kids as well)--I carried it in my purse....I don't just rely on cell phones or caller id..I also have them wrote down....

I also have teenagers...when they go out or meet someone--I don't just rely on cell phones..I also require landlines and addresses wrote down..(drives them nuts but....my RULES....)

well, idono, my whole life is on my cell phone. And for example, my fiance is over at my house all the time and eats with my family on almost a daily basis. But nobody in my family has his # except me. But we're all adults so #s arent that important as if they needed it they could call me and get it or something. His family does have my number even though I've never met them (they live across the country) they have it in case something happens to him and he can't pick up his phone (like a car accident).

Sooo yeah, sorry for the narrative.

Yea - but you forget that this Zanny had ties to NY, and North Carolina, and Texas too. So maybe she said "Howdy ya'll - my name is Zanny!"

"Howdy" Rose, zanny not in my part of Texas, I've checked.

I have moved a zillion times all over the country in the last 10 or 11 years and I've only changed my phone number once.

First, you have no roaming plans so when you move you just keep your old cell number. My sister moved to Florida years ago and still has her Seattle 206 area code cell phone.

Next, you no longer have to change your number when you change your plan. You have the option to keep it. The only way you change is if you need to change area codes.

I was listening to the LE initial interrogation of Casey and she says Zanie had several different plans (even names a few, which is surprising that she knows this much about a person she can't prove any contact with) but that she'd only lived in Orlando since Casey had known her.

It's unlikely that someone in the same area, who makes a living watching children and is self-employed, would change her number so many times. That's losing money. It's such a hassle to let everyone know your new number.

Sorry if there was already a thread for this; I did a search and didn't see one.

So - have you changed plans and kept your number?

Interesting topic; thanks for bringing it up.

I've had my same cell number for years, kept the number even when I changed plans.

However, my son has had at least three numbers in the last six years......he changes carriers like we change the color of the paint in the living room!

Also, I know of people who cannot keep a cell phone due to "credit issues." LOL. They change numbers frequently because they are FORCED to, the carrier cuts them off.

Having said that, I don't believe there was a nanny named Zanni, and I sure don't believe Casey lost contact with her because Zanni changed her cell phone plan. There would be traces of contact found on Casey's phones and none was found.

Interesting topic; thanks for bringing it up.

I've had my same cell number for years, kept the number even when I changed plans.

However, my son has had at least three numbers in the last six years......he changes carriers like we change the color of the paint in the living room!

Also, I know of people who cannot keep a cell phone due to "credit issues." LOL. They change numbers frequently because they are FORCED to, the carrier cuts them off.

Having said that, I don't believe there was a nanny named Zanni, and I sure don't believe Casey lost contact with her because Zanni changed her cell phone plan. There would be traces of contact found on Casey's phones and none was found.

true dat...& LE would have much more of a 'paper trail' to track any Zanny.

I did not know you could keep your same number even if you moved to a different area code. Several years ago we moved back home after living in north Tx for a few years. We not only had to get new phones but had to change plans, because the carrier we were with did not have service down here and the phones we orignally had were analog. But we have been with the same co. now for about 8 years and my husband has had the same number, even though he's gotten five different phones!

I have done both. I have changed plans, phones and carriers before. I changed my phone number only when I moved to a new state - because I didn't care to keep my old number and wanted one with the area code where I lived. Now I always ask for my old number to be carried over. It is much easier than having to notify everyone of your new phone number!

It is clear to me that this was all nonsense about the different nanny numbers. She was saying that because she couldn't produce a phone number for LE. She can't even prove she called ONE number for the nanny, much less 3 or more. Heck - she can't even prove there was a nanny at all! Why in the world would she know the phone carriers of her nanny? She knew the phone carriers by name but not the addresses where the nanny lived? Where she supposedly dropped Caylee off? Or the nanny's mother's name! She had to think about that one for a long time and then threw out she "thought" it was Gloria. Whatever Casey.

Well, at least she knew Jeff's middle name. :confused:

I moved here almost 5 years ago; I have the same cell number as I had previously. And my daughter has the same cell number she's had since she was 11. She's 20--and goes to school 1200 miles from the original area code.

In her initial police interview nearly all of the friends she mentions have recently moved, recently changed jobs, recently changed phone numbers, etc. She doesn't have a phone number for a single credible witness. Why? Because she made it all up! The more you listen to it, the more obvious it is to hear the deceit and the last-minute lies she comes up with to cover for herself....my favorite one? When they ask her what Zanny's mother's name is...the pause is fantastic.

My favourite one is when she says she called and left a message for Zanny's mother, and never received a call back. Shortly after, when asked if she had a phone number for the mother, she said "no". KC's lies would be hilarious if she wasn't an accused killer.

Have I ever changed my cell number? Only once, when I had to change the area code to prevent all calls being long distance. My son changes phones and carriers as often as his socks, just to get the latest model and minutes deal. His number has never changed.

All of these people changing their numbers and disconnecting their numbers and calling KC using a private number. The nerve. But according to KC. Caylee managed to call her the very day 911 was called by CA. That is the clincher for me. How can a person sit there and talk to LE about her two year old daughter calling her that very day all the while KNOWING she was dead. Beyond belief.

That is why I cannot believe she is a sociopath.. she is too dumb. Sociopaths have very good reality contact. She would never have told such a stupid and easily debunked story. I think she is very immature and not terribly bright. I know that Caylee seemed very bright , she must have gotten that quality from her father.

But she is a young (and even then immature) sociopath, and therefore not yet on her "A" game (Thank God!)

If I had an imaginanny that was going to steal my child, she would have a disposable track phone and "ID unavailable" would show up every time she called from her "private number". She would be terribly scatterbrained and have to replace the phone often due to lost and broken phones, making it impossible for me to keep track of current phone numbers which I would save (each time she gave them to me) on my missing phone's hard drive and "absolutely" not on my sim card! I do have 2 friends (not imaginary ones) that use track phones and occasionally replace them (and the numbers change) for various reasons--seems those phones aren't real reliable...

Forget the Nanny phone numbers and plans. The main question is - since Casey wasn't employed, why did she need child care?
jmo

She needs a nanny because AR doesn't want snotheads to come over for adult playdates. Unfortunately, without a job KC could not afford a nanny and it is my opinion that Zanny the nanny is a figment dreamed up to make KC feel better about her situation. Perhaps between KC and Zanny and all of the imaginary people, the need for cell phones was pretty drastic. So many plans, so little money....

My three 20-somethings change their numbers quite a bit because they end up not being able to pay their bill and jump carriers. Or, they get pay-as-you-go phones and end up losing them, then get another with a new number.

Hubby and I have switched carriers a few times over the years, but have kept the same numbers since 1992.

I would like to say I have my own daycare at my home and at this point I am only watching just two children due to the fact I have my own two year old and want to be able to give quailty care. On any given week I'll have at least 3 phone calls from them to me or from me to them. There are Alwaysreasons for phone contact.... "Bad Weather, childs sick, doctor appointments, parent sick, change in work schedule,Traffic(may be late picking up) I could go on and on. Also I would like to add ( even when I kept 5 children) I have had the grandmas pick up or drop off their grandchild at least once some more than others... There is no zanny.

Ahhh yes, I had that thought when I started this thread. It reminds me of how badly I criticize dudes for arguing who would win a fight - Superman or Batman :)

Now I'm contemplating why a figment of someone's imagination would change their phone number.:bang:

Think how LE must feel?

Superman as he is the "real" hero with "real" superhero powers and batman only has gadgets.

As far as figments? maybe her figment wanted to keep Casey from contacting her but since it is her figment Casey allready knows the new number? So her figment must change it again?

We moved recently, stayed local, and no we didn't change our phone number. Now my youngest daughter who is 20 has changed her number twice in the last year, but that was when she moved out of state. I think that changing phone numbers is an inconvenience and do so only when I have to.

In my opinion, the strangest thing is the fact that not one person has ever met this "nanny", no pictures, no phone calls. I find it impossible to believe that CA not once met this person who was caring for the Granddaughter she loved so much, yet now she says she has known of her for a couple of years...RIGHT !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back