ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #3

"Casey's entire family just wants all of this to be over. It's been three years of hell for them," the insider said.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hmmmm- went to the Bahamas on a private jet, played with dolphins, shopped in Nassau, went on a cruise to Bahamas, (GA) got handed a job with Quinco co, got $600K from Dr Phil, no longer have to work for a living, saw their daughter get away scot free with murder..... is that hell?
Caylee who?

How can she plead the 5th? That is nothing but absurd and frankly I am surprised her lawyers are advising that, makes her look truly guilty! And by not testifying, hahaha, guilty? This girl is way to much, so much that her entire family walked on cotton balls all her life to avoid the real personality she has, the actions she took and the lies she lied. Hard to believe one family (looking like normal people on the outside) can be so wrong.

Here's what Katprint and AZlawyer had to say last year about FCA pleading the 5th.
IMO she can plead the 5th for anything relating to her lying convictions (which means practically anything) pending the appeal and final resolution of that matter.

Representing DUI/assault and battery/other criminal defendants in civil cases, my experience has been that taking the 5th results in an adverse jury instruction along the lines that if a party refuses to produce evidence (for example, testimony) within its control then then the jury may properly infer that such evidence would have been adverse to the party refusing to produce such evidence. Casey is "judgment-proof" i.e. owns no assets so the reality is she will suffer no consequences as a result of any civil money-judgments against her, so losing the civil cases won't bother her at all. There may be some homeowners insurance policies that lose a little but why would Casey bother herself about that?

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

Oh, I agree. She can plead the 5th, but it might make her lose the civil case(s).

And, as you said, losing the civil case(s) will not mean much to her at this time.

I hope the judgment is for millions of dollars. Tie her up so that if she makes any future earnings she's penalized financially. JMO

Even if FCA loses her appeal on her felony convictions does that mean she can't use the 5th amendment to not testify in the ZG civil trial?
"What if Ms. Anthony wins the appeal? Then she could come back and be retried," he said, adding that "if she loses the appeal, then she could appeal to the higher court."

Maybe they shouldn't try and delay the civil trial. I think that FCA using the 5th to shield herself will harm her in the long run.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-zenaida-trial-delay-20121114,0,264187.story

CASEy-New-Big---30223587.jpg

link

I can't stand this pic of her. What nerve to put online her supposedly comical pics when her only claim to fame is murdering her Daughter. Too bad that fat nose doesn't stay that way permanently.

I can't stand this pic of her. What nerve to put online her supposedly comical pics when her only claim to fame is murdering her Daughter. Too bad that fat nose doesn't stay that way permanently.

I like this picture the best. It really doesn't look comical to me. If the media feel the need or want to put a picture of FCA in an article, I think this one is the best one to use. I do laugh at it though because she looks stupid as hades, ugly as sin and evil as the murderer she is. I hope everyone thinks of her the same way.

Hear that sound???? Its the Karma train making another stop...Chooo...Chooo...

Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez, the Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, got a judge to approve their request for a delay in the civil trial.
No date was set.

Gonzalez's lawyers wanted the trial delayed because they don't want Anthony to rely on the Fifth Amendment to avoid their questions because of her ongoing criminal appeal of her lying to law-enforcement convictions.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-trial-delay-hearing-20121116,0,7727698.story

The Anthony's sure have the had the luck of the devil, hopefully, that will end soon.

allllllllaboard.....chooooo choooooooooo...great news,lol,lol,lol

As much as I was looking forward to ZG's trial, if she can be patient, then so can I.
Now, we'll wait and see how many more delays before the appeal will be heard.
I don't doubt that Casey is having a grand 'ole time watching her man slaves toiling for her. I can only imagine the kinda deal Greene made with Casey's DT. No one wants to work for nuttin. JMO

Wow, overjoyed to hear that Karma train has approached. Hopefully more are on the way. It's about time she doesn't get her way. How is that working for you now loser? You FCA

We should start a pool on the date that her civil attorney quits. I pick 3 weeks from next Tuesday.

Is that a new lawyer? Green wasn't mentioned at all?! I don't recognize this name...

(from the article posted above)

"Meanwhile, Anthony attorney Andrew Chmelir opposed the delay in the civil trial."

Hear that sound???? Its the Karma train making another stop...Chooo...Chooo...

Attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez, the Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony for defamation, got a judge to approve their request for a delay in the civil trial.
No date was set.

Gonzalez's lawyers wanted the trial delayed because they don't want Anthony to rely on the Fifth Amendment to avoid their questions because of her ongoing criminal appeal of her lying to law-enforcement convictions.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-trial-delay-hearing-20121116,0,7727698.story

:woohoo:

I was hoping this would happen. I really want to see her testify.

Whoops!

A judge decided to delay a decision whether to push back an upcoming civil trial against Casey Anthony on Friday.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/judge-delays-decision-push-back-casey-anthonys-civ/nS79c/

:waitasec:
Did Munyon rule that the Civil Trial will be postponded/delayed OR did she delay the ruling on ZG's motion to postpone the trial?

All other msm's have reported that Munyon did grant ZG's motion to postpone the civil trial and that she also said she may not have an opening in her calendar until the summer or fall 2013

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...ed/-/13479888/17438516/-/ri1us8z/-/index.html

Video in the link above

:waitasec:
Did Munyon rule that the Civil Trial will be postponded/delayed OR did she delay the ruling on ZG's motion to postpone the trial?

All other msm's have reported that Munyon did grant ZG's motion to postpone the civil trial and that she also said she may not have an opening in her calendar until the summer or fall 2013

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...ed/-/13479888/17438516/-/ri1us8z/-/index.html

Video in the link above
From the WFTV article.
Munyon agreed with Gonzalez's lawyers that they have the right to question Anthony on the witness stand, when she can't use her Fifth Amendment right to refuse to answer questions because of her ongoing appeal on her criminal convictions for lying to investigators.
I think that the author confused the delay in setting a new trial date with a delay in ruling on the motion. MOO.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/judge-delays-decision-push-back-casey-anthonys-civ/nS79c/

From the WFTV article.

I think that the author confused the delay in setting a new trial date with a delay in ruling on the motion. MOO.

I agree.

I think the reporter heard the word "delay" and ran this article without listening and checking anything further. Previously this judge was known for delaying her decision and not giving an answer at a hearing.

When I saw the article and then posted it, I was surprised WFTV hadn't already pulled it because of the error. That's why I had said Whoops.

We had already been discussing the decision which postponed the ZG trial until after the appeal had been heard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77
Back