Zodiac Killer

The article accompanying this info is so poorly written and scattered that I can’t really follow it.
The information missing is whatever it was that made these cold case investigators think this is the guy! Except for vague references to “scars” on his forehead what do they have on this guy none of us have ever heard of?
I’m aware of the old case they are connecting him to but again nothing in the article about the connection.
If someone can clear this up or point me to an explanation to it all I would appreciate it.

I did think this bit of the article was interesting

Other clues include deciphering letters sent by the Zodiac that revealed him as the killer, said Jen Bucholtz, a former Army counterintelligence agent who works on cold cases. In one note, the letters of Poste's full name were removed to reveal an alternate message, she told Fox News.

"So you've got to know Gary's full name in order to decipher these anagrams," Bucholtz said. "I just don't think there's any other way anybody would have figured it out."

Cold case team says Zodiac Killer ID'd, linking him to another murder (msn.com)

Remember every couple years, some group comes up with another suspect in this case, with zero physical evidence to link the suspect to the actual crime .

Dont get your hopes up

If a cipher was really solved by using his full name, that does point right at him.

If it's actually not him, either it's a total coincidence that that method worked to get a message and the cipher really says something else (unlikely IMO, unless the message they got is pretty convoluted, which is possible -- wish we could see it), or someone used his name for another reason -- to frame him? to cause confusion? Who knows. But the cipher has to be explained somehow (if the current info coming out is correct).

Last edited:
Wonder how they zeroed in on this guy to begin with? He doesn't seem to be one of the many suspects. They said you couldn't crack the code without knowing his name so it's not like they got it from the cypher. The "scars" on the forehead just look like wrinkles to me. Is there darkroom discovery simply the photo of his "scars?"

I'll believe it after I've heard the evidence. I've been waiting for his identity to be discovered since the Golden State murders were solved, but it takes a pretty high level of proof, IMO.

Here's one of the Case Breaker guys being interviewed. I haven't been digging all day but here's what I've found.

· Full name breaks the ciphers (haven’t we heard this before?)

· Owned Air Force wing walker boots associated with the Zodiac (coincidence)

· Family thought he was shaky. Thought it might be him (haven’t we heard this before?)

· Known to be in the area (coincidence)

· Killing stopped when he married in 1971 (coincidence)

· Taught survival skills and shooting skills to young people. Gave guns for gifts to young people. (weird guy, but not enough)

· Arrested for domestic disputes later in life (not enough)

· Scar over the right eye (coincidence)

· Has his DNA on file because of the domestic disputes (that’s the ticket)

· Knows where the weapons are buried, but cannot get to them at the moment due to Sierra Nevada mountain location (that’s the ticket)

· Wants cops to look for the weapons

· Wants cops to check the DNA

· Cops do not want to look into anymore bogus Zodiac claims

I want to see both "solved" ciphers side by side, the 2020 ciphers next to the 2021.

Edited to add: They have a website but none of the ciphers are posted there yet. None of the photos included in the story are "new" evidence.

Last edited:
Poste died on August 23, 2018 due to “sepsis, septic shock, dysphagia, and vascular dementia”. Apparently, he was born on November 8, 1937, but I can’t confirm this.

Because of the whole cypher thing, I’m actually taking Poste seriously as a suspect. Hopefully, they’ll be releasing more details on that soon.

On a side note, Poste was actually mentioned on a forum in 2017, but I guess nobody bothered to look at him.

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted/uploaded - but theres a critical PDF file.

"The department’s current police chief is the eighth in a row to refuse to consider
the infamous killer – even though the FBI, in 1975, called Bates “the 6th victim” (FBI memo on page 7)"

Can't have something this huge just pass up and dissapear. RPD needs to let these people compare evidence.

Why is it some law enforcement so hell bent on trying to prevent cases from moving forward? Is this going to be like LISK and the current suspect (not naming names - check Wikipedia)? Where Law enforcement actively tried to stifle investigation?

Readers and posters of WS might be the key to connecting all these things!

Attachments

• Zodiac-Killer-Press-release-1-1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Not sure if this was posted/uploaded - but theres a critical PDF file.

Worked fine. Thanks. :)

I'm still not seeing the evidence. They have photos from his darkroom and they give us a shadow on a stump, I ask you? I would love someone to solve this mystery, and maybe they've got the solution. We'll see. I think the new solved cipher will be close to the one from last year. In the video, he says something like "more complete." I would like to see it verified by other experts.

The police should release all the evidence they have at this point. Absolutely. The Case Breakers have it right when they call this a "historic crime."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back