NM - Alexee Trevizo, 19, Charged with murder of newborn in trash can, Artesia, Jan 2023

IMO the hospital did make some blameworthy errors, but I can’t believe they’d issue morphine for a woman they knew was pregnant (her denials notwithstanding).

These are some points that don’t reflect well on the hospital.
—they had an obviously pregnant woman on their hands, with severe back pain for HOURS, and they didn’t guess she was in labor; she should have been flown out way before the bathroom debacle.
—Alexee was losing a lot of blood and was given no treatment while hospital staff and LE were all abuzz. They had a first duty to their patient.
—they should have removed mom from the room early in the visit
—they released video of the corridors, even though you could hear other patient(s) in the background; that’s a HIPAA issue.
I was mistaken here. Evidently, morphine is routinely prescribed during pregnancies.

She didn't want the baby.
But she does want the money.
The "call cord" in the hospital toilet was nearly in the lap of the defendant!

The fact that she did nothing to aid the life of her child-- including giving the child away with no questions asked, but she has the nerve to go after a money grab, has to be the ultimate in deplorable behavior.

I trust the jurors will see through this civil action for the complete facade that it is. And it's certainly not to be rewarded with $$$ for wrongful death. MOO

She didn't want the baby.
But she does want the money.
This took me a moment..... The money from a suit against the hospital? I didn't even think of that. From what I can see of the attorney's office, he might be interested in some general spiffing up of his bottom line, too.

Unless he's a public defender (do we know?). But if he's a public defender, he couldn't be suing anyone or anything for a client, correct? He's getting paid only to defend?

IMO both attorney and AT (aka mom) had better be careful what they wish for; pursuing this angle could boomerang big-time, especially with locals. They could be generating massive ill-will and not get any $$$ out of the suit.

This is a community hospital, and a community resource. The community might well feel lucky to have such a resource. Likely everyone knows someone who works there and is affected by this. Likely everyone whose interviews are public will be witnesses in the case; they were all people who have strong points of view, articulate (except maybe the guy triage nurse), and heavy emotional content. In short, great prosecution witnesses. Those interviewees came from several different demographics.

IMO the hospital is unlikely to settle a malpractice suit (especially this one, which sounds as though they could easily win, given that morphine is the standard of care), even if only because of community sentiment about the killing of the baby.

Last edited:
This case continues to make me steaming mad!! She had options right in front of her!
She chose this outcome, no one else. Morphine didn’t do it, Alexee did!
She needs to take a long, hard, look in the mirror, do some soul searching, or maybe have an exorcism! Something besides blaming someone else.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Her mother makes me just as angry too!! She is continuing to spoil and enable her daughter even after he daughter MURDERED her grandchild. She is disgusting to me as well!

This case continues to make me steaming mad!! She had options right in front of her!
She chose this outcome, no one else. Morphine didn’t do it, Alexee did!
She needs to take a long, hard, look in the mirror, do some soul searching, or maybe have an exorcism! Something besides blaming someone else.
<modsnip>
I almost wish Alexee was in jail awaiting trial. Though a harsh context, it would have got her a chance to be exposed to a world that isn't dominated by her mother. Perhaps jail would have helped her grow and mature in her thinking.

She chose this outcome, no one else. Morphine didn’t do it, Alexee did! UK
<modsnip>

Her mother makes me just as angry too!! She is continuing to spoil and enable her daughter even after he daughter MURDERED her grandchild. She is disgusting to me as well!

I can only hope that AT does not ever have even a passing thought about entering a medical profession!

I just started watching the trial of UK's Lucy Letby, accused of killing at least 16 newborns at hospital, and AT immediately came to mind.

Knowing what she was capable of to the life that came from her, I don't think she would flinch if a strange baby in nursery.

IMO, AT will long have some issues with both newborns and their parents -- especially if born to a happy, expectant couple and home. It appears Lucy Letby actually sleuthed the parents of her victims on social media. JMO

Agreed about hoping the hospital won't settle.
They did nothing wrong, imo.

Added to that the emotional toll of lifting the tiny body of the newborn out of the garbage can, fgs.
And iirc, the baby's body was partly concealed under other trash ?
Unbelievable.
She could have surrendered him immediately.
Omo.

Rest gently little one.
No one can harm you now.

IMHO There are so many different ways this could have ended. Too many lives destroyed. I don't know all the facts but at some point in our lives we have to accept responsibility for our choices and the consequence's of those decisions. This might be one of those times.

If the defense wants to argue the baby was stillborn....Could AT face charges for causing the death of the baby by not attending pre-natal appointments, or other necessities to ensure the baby's survival? Also, could she face charges for taking hydrocodone while pregnant? There were traces of codeine in the infant IIRC, and Alexee had a history of back problems, so she might very well have had a stash (she might also have got hold of some illegally?).

So, if her attorney wants to create a case against the hospital for the morphine (which is standard of care), what about the prosecution creating a case for the hydrocodone (or whatever it was)?

Also, could Alexee be charged with not telling the ER doctors about her pregnancy (instead lying about it, and refusing any kind of exam), thus precipitating the tragedy.

IMO there seems to be room for prosecution to throw all of defense's arguments back at them. Defense might need to be careful about what they wish for.

More than 12,000 sign petition to kick out Alexee Trevizo from university after her bail was changed so she can go to classes despite being accused of murdering her newborn baby​

[…]

The petition, started by Evelyn Grasiano on Change.org, said allowing Treviso to pursue higher education when she has been charged with a 'heinous crime' is 'morally wrong'.

'It is important to consider the impact this case may have on public trust,' the petition states. 'Allowing someone charged with murder access into eduction where they will be entrusted with other individuals could undermine public confidence... as well as the justice system itself.'

The petition repeatedly references that Treviso is 'pursuing a career in nursing or social work' but there is no evidence to support this.

The petition came just days after a judge ruled that Treviso would be allowed to go to her university classes in person during a hearing at Eddy County Court. Treviso appeared with her attorney Garry C. Mitchell via zoom at the pre-trial hearing.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back