Pennsylvania - Coronavirus COVID-19

Our governor closed PA schools for the rest of the year today because the number of positive cases continues to grow. All school will happen virtually or with paper packets sent home weekly. My husband and I are both teachers with our own own school age kids at home. People have been posting all over SM about how oh, do we get our school taxes back now that school isn’t happening, and oh, teachers just sitting home getting paid for nothing...it’s making me so upset how people can’t see the reality and seriousness of this virus!! That and why can’t people just be freaking nice during this terrible situation- it’s not easy for ANYONE! Sorry I had to vent, mods feel free to move or delete if this isn’t the right place.

Yep, Philadelphia, remember their old slogan, the "City that loves you back."

Man Without Face Mask Refuses to Leave SEPTA Bus; Police Pull Him Off

"A man who wasn't wearing a mask on a SEPTA bus -- and refused the driver's request to get off it -- was forcibly pulled from the bus by Philadelphia Police officers on Friday morning.

The encounter was captured on a video shot by Dupree Myers of Philadelphia and posted to Facebook.

Meyers said it happened at about 8:25 a.m. on the Route 23 bus at Eleventh and Market streets."

Yep, Philadelphia, remember their old slogan, the "City that loves you back."

Man Without Face Mask Refuses to Leave SEPTA Bus; Police Pull Him Off

"A man who wasn't wearing a mask on a SEPTA bus -- and refused the driver's request to get off it -- was forcibly pulled from the bus by Philadelphia Police officers on Friday morning.

The encounter was captured on a video shot by Dupree Myers of Philadelphia and posted to Facebook.

Meyers said it happened at about 8:25 a.m. on the Route 23 bus at Eleventh and Market streets."
Well, I'm glad that SEPTA has reconsidered and is no longer throwing people off the bus for not wearing a mask! Allowing the police to pull the man from the bus was an extreme measure. Last I checked, the U.S. is not a communist country! Sheesh! If it was imperative to the bus driver that his passengers wear masks, the driver should have provided them to the passengers if they didn't have one. I know that masks are scarce right now, so that is a consideration, too. If SEPTA is so concerned about the safety of their drivers then they should take them off of their routes.

They don't play games in Philly. This is a Frank Rizzoesue reaction. 11th and Market, I know the area from going down to the parade, and getting around. That's near the convention center, not far from City Hall. I can't blame the rider. The governor declared wear masks. Oh, ok just get out your mask. It doesn't work that way. Everyone does not own a mask, and some people are poor and just don't have one on them.

I can't just blame the cops either. The politicians have a way of putting them in a bad spot with their proclamations. They are at extreme risk, just like the healthcare workers.

Last edited:
I have some ties to PA! My sister moved there somewhere along the trail and my cousin is CEO of Giant stores, think that is the name of it. My daughter lived there years ago and her fiance was murdered outside of Harrisburg. Heading that way sometime this summer to visit - hopefully!

PENNSYLVANIA CORONAVIRUS: 21,655 cases of COVID-19

Pennsylvania coronavirus numbers county-by-county:

• Adams County: 44 patients, 1 death
  • Allegheny County: 836 patients, 19 deaths
  • Armstrong County: 26 patients, 1 patient
  • Beaver County: 143 patients, 13 deaths
  • Bedford County: 5 patients, 1 death
  • Berks County: 930 patients, 19 deaths
  • Blair County: 10 patients
  • Bradford County: 18 patients
  • Bucks County: 1,051 patients, 29 deaths
  • Butler County: 128 patients, 3 deaths
  • Cambria County: 13 patients, 1 death
  • Cameron County: 1 patient
  • Carbon County: 98 patients, 3 deaths
  • Centre County: 69 patients
  • Chester County: 532 patients, 15 deaths
  • Clarion County: 15 patients
  • Clearfield County: 9 patients
  • Clinton County: 7 patients
  • Columbia County: 99 patients, 2 deaths
  • Crawford County: 15 patients
  • Cumberland County: 105 patients, 3 deaths
  • Dauphin County: 199 patients, 2 deaths
  • Delaware County: 1,510 patients, 39 deaths
  • Elk County: 2 patients
  • Erie County: 39 patients
  • Fayette County: 50 patients, 3 deaths
  • Forest County: 5 patients
  • Franklin County: 59 patients
  • Fulton County: 1 patient
  • Greene County: 23 patients
  • Huntingdon County: 10 patients
  • Indiana County: 40 patients
  • Jefferson County: 1 patient
  • Juniata County: 38 patients
  • Lackawanna County: 392 patients, 20 deaths
  • Lancaster County: 698 patients, 23 deaths
  • Lawrence County: 46 patients, 4 deaths
  • Lebanon County: 232 patients, 1 death
  • Lehigh County: 1,620 patients, 16 deaths
  • Luzerne County: 1,372 patients, 17 deaths
  • Lycoming County: 20 patients
  • Mckean County: 2 patient
  • Mercer County: 38 patients
  • Mifflin County: 10 patients
  • Monroe County: 774 patients, 22 deaths
  • Montgomery County: 2,053 patients, 60 deaths
  • Montour County: 29 patients
  • Northampton County: 1,039 patients, 23 deaths
  • Northumberland County: 31 patients
  • Perry County: 16 patients, 1 death
  • Philadelphia County: 6,022 patients, 130 deaths
  • Pike County: 208 patients, 6 deaths
  • Potter County: 4 patients
  • Schuylkill County: 179 patients, 2 deaths
  • Snyder County: 16 patients, 1 deaths
  • Somerset County: 10 patients
  • Sullivan County: 1 patient
  • Susquehanna County: 23 patients, 2 deaths
  • Tioga County: 12 patients, 1 death
  • Union County: 14 patients
  • Venango County: 6 patients
  • Warren County: 1 patient
  • Washington County: 66 patients
  • Wayne County: 57 patients, 1 death
  • Westmoreland County: 218 patients, 6 deaths
  • Wyoming County: 8 patients
  • York County: 293 patients, 3 deaths
RESOURCE: Pa. coronavirus information

I have no problem with SAH fines. It seems people who refuse to comply are suicidal, homicidal, or both.

If a person knowingly and recklessly infects a person with an STD they can be criminally charged. It should be similar for knowingly and recklessly transmitting COVID-19.

Now you can go to Tyler State Park. Never been there, but I pass it sometimes.

Now you can go to Tyler State Park. Never been there, but I pass it sometimes.
Tyle is a magnificent park! I live right by Peace Valley Park which is another gem here in Bucks. There's a lake in the center (Lake Galena) and a paved path all the way around the 6-mile perimeter. I'm heading there Monday if it doesn't rain. Can't wait!!!! :D I miss my hikes!

Johnny Cash sings that. I am gonna bring that up on youtube.

"They'll be peace in the Valley for me......oh yeah...."

Wow, didn’t know your parks had been closed for a month.

About two weeks here because people were not social distancing, climbing on roped off equipment and the restrooms were overflowing with trash.
But we can walk in our neighborhood so we haven’t been locked up inside.
Hope the weather is good this weekend so you can get outside.

Wow, didn’t know your parks had been closed for a month.

About two weeks here because people were not social distancing, climbing on roped off equipment and the restrooms were overflowing with trash.
But we can walk in our neighborhood so we haven’t been locked up inside.
Hope the weather is good this weekend so you can get outside.
The problem with walking in my neighborhood is that we don't have any curbing. Our roads are narrow to begin with, and some people don't obey the speed limit. Surprise! :rolleyes:

So, yes, they closed up the parks to all motor traffic (as well as the restrooms). :mad: Too many large groups of people were gathering in them. The trails were open, but they wouldn't allow anyone to park their cars in the parking lots. The lots were subsequently roped off to keep everyone out. So then, people parked on the side of the road and they got ticketed. :oops: I'm guessing the restrooms will remain closed (although I'd be thrilled if they were opened, too) but I'm so over the moon about the parks being reopened!!!! I can't really comprehend the rationale for closing off access to outdoor recreation, TBH. If you're outside, how great is the ability to spread the virus if you stay away from strangers? You would think staying indoors would be much worse with the recirculating air? I'm no expert though, so what do I know? :confused:

They closed the township parks where I live because there were pickup basketball games happening, kids meeting up to hang out, and people using the playground equipment, etc. I don’t know how I’d feel if they opened up the areas now, I imagine they’re going to attract huge amounts of people...but I’m glad folks will have more options to get outside if they live in condos, apartments, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back