Trial - Ross Harris #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wasn't trying to start a wild rumor. But.....:D

LOL. I hear ya...

But what would be the purpose of this mornings witness if Dr Diamond was coming next? I was really surprised to hear his testimony because he seemed like a weak substitute for the more well known Doctor D.

Oh I was only saying that he didn't have to and jury would be told cant hold against him.

I wondering if the Def feels they have created enough reasonable doubt on the murder charges and that they know they sexting are most assuredly going to be a conviction?

I haven't seen any indication so far they would be so reckless and incompetent as to reach that conclusion. ;)

Agreeing to meet with the defendant is not the same as agreeing to testify in his defense. Maybe he wanted to interview him personally to decide if he suffered from FBS that day.

He had already met with him prior to the Aug 19, 2016 hearing. I didn't get any impression that he was NOT going to testify. And we don't know yet who is up next. Could very well be Dr. Diamond and if I understand correctly, State can only ask questions about what Def talks about on Direct. Guess we shall all have to eagerly await tomorrow. jmho

ok, went back and listened to what State was speaking about this morning.
Whomever the 2nd witness was/is, initally had made a power point presentation with 22 slides and some he had objections to. Then about 11 pm last night he received a new revised with "50 someodd" slides. He has had time to review and has some objections on some and will need to go over that with the court after the 1st witness testimony is over

[video=youtube;NkamUj5jnuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkamUj5jnuk&list=PLoW1SIeAWaWa1BHJdr_EpBGK-U_weQTFd&index=3[/video]

50 slides would make me think they were referring to Diamond.... SO either something happened to make him really late today (which you'd think if that was the case defense would say so to not make it seem so odd)
OR
As I speculated earlier - maybe he IS here and they just want more time to prepare his testimony based on how stuff went this morning...(but that doesn't explain how he would only take a half day...especially with 50 slides!)
OR
He withdrew between this morning and lunch...? That doesn't seem likely..
SO much speculation LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had already met with him prior to the Aug 19, 2016 hearing. I didn't get any impression that he was NOT going to testify. And we don't know yet who is up next. Could very well be Dr. Diamond and if I understand correctly, State can only ask questions about what Def talks about on Direct. Guess we shall all have to eagerly await tomorrow. jmho

Yep. We'll know tomorrow. See you then.

THANK YOU, once again, for the coverage provided here on WS. Reading the posts here is how I'm following the case. Great job, all.

I haven't seen any indication so far they would be so reckless and incompetent as to reach that conclusion. ;)

Do you remember what Dr A was going to testify about? LOL seriously having memory failure on that went blank lol

I was just wondering why we see/hear the FBS only in the hot summer. I guess I can assume it's the only temperate season w disastrous results. Do emergency rooms have these same reports of FBS in winters from maybe results of frostbite? Or do parents find a cold baby in there car and are too embarrassed to tell anyone (no harm,no foul). I would have to guess w people living a much faster lifestyle now, pulled in so many directions, then throw in advent of cell phones, there must be many unreported incidences

Why did they put Brewer up there if Dr Diamond is coming up next? Aren't they saying the exact same things? It seems weird because Brewer essentially said he learned everything he knows about 'memory lapses' from Dr Diamond. So why put them both on the stand?

Do you remember what Dr A was going to testify about? LOL seriously having memory failure on that went blank lol

IIRC, :wink:, he was a grief expert---talking about how Ross's behavior was not all that unusual, I suppose...

Aside from whether or not Dr. Diamond will testify, some major things have happened to the DT's case. They had two back-to-back days with only a half day's worth of testimony. More importantly, the DT expected their witnesses to last 15-20 days per MK.

50 slides would make me think they were referring to Diamond.... SO either something happened to make him really late today (which you'd think if that was the case defense would say so to not make it seem so odd)
OR
As I speculated earlier - maybe he IS here and they just want more time to prepare his testimony based on how stuff went this morning...(but that doesn't explain how he would only take a half day...especially with 50 slides!)
OR
He withdrew between this morning and lunch...? That doesn't seem likely..
SO much speculation LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just cant see Kilgore out right lying if the Dr was already there. Too risky.

Holloway had mentioned there was a Forensic Pathologist from San Diego that the expert wouldn't speak to the State because they wouldn't pay his hourly fee. (which that witness had discrepancies with ME AR).

Do we know if Dr Diamond used power point in other cases?

Doesn't mean they won't, though. I actually agree with Tex on this one (is that 1 out of 759,Tex? :D) . It's one thing for the defendant in a clear cut murder trial to not take the stand. I think most jurors have watched enough Law and Orders or whatever to get there are good reasons for defendants to pass on the opportunity.

This is different. Ross says it was accidental, that he loved Cooper, that he'd never hurt him. The DT has said LE jumped the gun and got it all wrong . Who better to straighten the whole mess out than RH himself?

I can definitely, absolutely, imagine more than a few jurors seeing things just like that.

Exactly my thinking Hope.

No more witnesses???? come on....

I just got finished catching up on post thru this point. I am shocked it is almost over. I am not going to listen to the testimony, because after reading all of these wonderful post it doesn't sound like it would be worth my time. imo

Aside from whether or not Dr. Diamond will testify, some major things have happened to the DT's case. They had two back-to-back days with only a half day's worth of testimony. More importantly, tbe DT expected their witnesses to last 15-20 days per MK.

Agree, and then they had the situation where Judge Staley wouldn't allow Murphy to testify on much of anything. Stoddard said he couldn't because he didn't do them, then Murphy couldn't because it was hearsay.

Holloway tried to keep his self from getting in a bad spot with anyone but he seem to think Staley was wrong in not allow the SW to be allowed talked about.

I just cant see Kilgore out right lying if the Dr was already there. Too risky.

Holloway had mentioned there was a Forensic Pathologist from San Diego that the expert wouldn't speak to the State because they wouldn't pay his hourly fee. (which that witness had discrepancies with ME AR).

Do we know if Dr Diamond used power point in other cases?

Holloway said in the video last night he knew of three experts for the defense.
Idk if Diamond uses power point....who is the other expert? Maybe slides on grief/grieving?

Why did they put Brewer up there if Dr Diamond is coming up next? Aren't they saying the exact same things? It seems weird because Brewer essentially said he learned everything he knows about 'memory lapses' from Dr Diamond. So why put them both on the stand?

I think that is what we are all thinking. Since I have only been following the trial and listened to Motion Hearings... I haven't heard this name come up. But apparently Brewer has been in contact with Maddox for last year. Kinda caught me off guard him saying Good Morning Chuck ;)

That would be a reason for keeping more persuasive witnesses on the stand longer, not shuffling them along.

Speculation-wild rumor alert: I wonder if there's any possibility Dr. Diamond withdrew? Wilder yet-- He's on record as saying he will only testify in a case if he believes the hot car death was accidental. I'd think the DT gave him the straight goods on just how compromised RH is as a sympathetic defendant, but.... Or, (still wild-wild) maybe his appearing was contingent upon RH testifying?.....

Would he ever insist on only testifying in a case if the defendant testifies? I've never heard of a fbs case where the parent didn't testify...but I'm sure they exist...

Holloway said in the video last night he knew of three experts for the defense.
Idk if Diamond uses power point....who is the other expert? Maybe slides on grief/grieving?

the 3 I knew about and that he spoke of were Dr D, Dr A and then the pathologist from San Diego and that Dr Frist was on recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member