UK - 3 people found dead on the streets of Nottingham 13 June 2023 ‘Arrest’

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Just awful news from Nottingham police this morning.

man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after three people were killed in the city.

Police were called to Ilkeston Road just after 4am where two people were found dead in the street.

Officers were then called to another incident in Milton Street where a van had attempted to run over three people. They are currently being treated in hospital.

A man has also been found dead in Magdala Road.

Police have arrested a 31-year-old man on suspicion of murder and he remains in police custody.

Chief Constable Kate Meynell said: “This is an horrific and tragic incident which has claimed the lives of three people.

“We believe these three incidents are all linked and we have a man in custody.

“This investigation is at its early stages and a team of detectives is working to establish exactly what has happened.

Channel 4 News has a video with a witness saying how she saw the van deliberately hitting a man and a woman, also describes appearance of suspect.
I saw someone else saying there's a lot of gang feuding in the area (idk I'm not from Nottingham) and I'm wondering if this was related.
Would just be odd for someone to carry out a terror attack at 4am on a Tuesday morning.
jmo.
Just horrific either way =(

https://twitter.com/Channel4News

The first people attacked were also a man and a woman, they were stabbed to death.
Was he deliberately targeting couples??

“Being a hot night, I had the window open and I just heard some awful, blood-curdling screams.

"It’s often quite busy with people coming back from town and you get the usual boyfriend-girlfriend arguments, so I thought it was something like that.

“I looked out of the window and saw a black guy dressed all in black with a hood and rucksack grappling with some people. It was a girl, and a man or boy she was with – they looked quite young.

“She was screaming ‘Help!’ I just wish I’d shouted something out of the window to unnerve the assailant.

“I saw him stab the lad first and then the woman. It was repeated stabbing – four or five times. The lad collapsed in the middle of the road.

“The girl stumbled towards a house and didn’t move. The next minute she had disappeared down the side of a house, and that’s where they found her.

“I’d say it all happened within five or six minutes. The attacker then just walked off up Ilkeston Road towards town, as calm as anything.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65888114

I wonder if they haven't been able to identify one or more of the victims.
_____

4m ago15.14 BST
Nottinghamshire police are operating a dedicated line for people concerned about a family member or friend in the area of the incident – 0800 0961011.

One of the university students who was killed in the Nottingham knife and van attack has been pictured.

Barnaby Webber was one of the two students who was tragically killed at 4am this morning in Nottingham.

Known as a talented sportsman, he had been walking home with a friend from a night out.

He was one of two 19-year-olds killed on Ilkeston in the city before a 31-year-old man went on a deadly rampage across the city.

Attachments

• 1686676149207.jpeg
    1686676149207.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
One of the young victims was my friend's best friend's son. He was my friend's godson. It's just so sudden, tragic and unfathomable.... Condolences to all the families and people affected by this. It's so hard to make any sense of these incidents.

I'm confused how he was granted "settled status" in the UK.
That is usually for EU-citizens and people from a few other European countries, and was hard enough to get for those back in the pre-Brexit days.
Maybe his parents already had it or were citizens in the UK?
Really dislike when they publish vague info like this before the full picture is known, imo it's just to stir up drama and more hate.

"The man, described as having dreadlocks by eyewitnesses, had been granted settled status in the UK after moving here as a teenager, the Times reports."

Nottingham suspect 'is West African national living in UK since teens'

School caretaker Ian Coates, in his 60s, has been named as the third victim.

"Ian was a much-loved colleague who always went the extra mile for the benefit of our children and will be greatly missed."

"It is believed Mr Coates was making his way to work when he was flagged down and assaulted. He was dragged out of the vehicle and left lying on the pavement in his own blood before the suspect drove off in his van."

Last edited:
I'm confused how he was granted "settled status" in the UK.
That is usually for EU-citizens and people from a few other European countries, and was hard enough to get for those back in the pre-Brexit days.
Maybe his parents already had it or were citizens in the UK?
Really dislike when they publish vague info like this before the full picture is known, imo it's just to stir up drama and more hate.

"The man, described as having dreadlocks by eyewitnesses, had been granted settled status in the UK after moving here as a teenager, the Times reports."

Nottingham suspect 'is West African national living in UK since teens'
He possibly moved here as a young teenager along with his parents. It's also possible that he had a decent job, and as he has no criminal record settled status wouldn't be a problem.

The mail should remember that anyone (even white brits) can develop mental health issues at any point of time...imo, jmo.

13:07
CCTV footage shows man said to be murder suspect​

b69a6504-0e76-48be-acaa-a47945867fc5.jpg

Daniel Sandford
Home Affairs correspondent

The BBC has seen CCTV footage that shows a man said to be the suspect for the triple murder in Nottingham yesterday.

It shows a man in a black hoodie trying to climb into an open window at a homeless hostel.

An arm from inside pushes him away. Another man outside the hostel remonstrates with him and the suspect then walks off.

We have been told that this happened either just before or during the incident on Tuesday morning.

Nottinghamshire Police have not commented on what we have seen.

We can only show a still image of the footage - it's below.

1686747674027.png

<modsnip: Quoted post removed; The Sun is no longer an approved source>

Wow! How terrifying. People understandably keeping their window open because of the heat, and the window looks high enough that you wouldn't imagine someone trying to get in from the outside!

When I lived in my ground floor flat I had someone (no idea who) knock at my bedroom window a few times in the middle of the night. I resolved to never live on the ground floor again, god willing I can always use stairs..

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikysweety
Back