Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the car wash wasn't used to get rid of DNA but to actually clean a vehicle... As in it got muddy or dirty from a gravel road or puddle which would have been an indicator of where it had been. Or maybe it was a spot to sit and watch and wait until an opportunity presented itself.

I can’t see any of that being known to Radar or even to LE right now.

I think it could be possible. What if LE knows that Mollie is being held captive but they don't have grounds to arrest the suspect or show up at the door with a search warrant? If they prematurely say something to that person, they could snap and murder Mollie. I feel like they're planning their approach/trying to secure evidence so that they can get the suspect without risk of them running. Even if Mollie isn't alive, they could still be using this method so that the person doesn't skip town before they are able to find reason to interview them.

I live a half hour from Brooklyn and just returned home from that area. I wanted to drive down V21 where the unknown red circles are. I only went a mile or so down the road as I was not expecting it to be gravel. Many Iowa roads that start with a V are blacktop.
It seems to me they are saying that going south on that road is how her phone or Fitbit left Brooklyn. V21 is a very rough gravel road and it has no access to I80. I just can’t see anyone who came from the Interstate taking that road especially at night.
Most of the vehicles you would see on that road are pickups. I think we maybe looking at someone driving a pickup while living close enough to Brooklyn to know Mollie. Perhaps someone who lives not far from the southern red circle. Someone close to her age that she knew well enough to hop in their truck.

Just rewatched yesterday's pc and was glad to note that LE did ask people to contact them if someone they knew made sudden changes with regard to their vehicle, e.g., sold, scrapped, meticulously cleaned, etc. Hopefully, someone will hear that appeal and remember something odd re: neighbor, friend, or family member's vehicle and call it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my understanding that occurred in Indiana. Is there any rationale to even a baseless connection between these cases, besides Snapchat? Again as someone who uses Snapchat very often, I think any connections between these two cases based on Snapchat alone is just coincidental and due to a misunderstanding of how the social media app works.
No, there is no rational connection. Yet that rumor got so out of hand that a Brooklyn business had to remove it’s employee page because people were circulating the guy’s picture and making insane accusations.

I don't see why a killer would take her off somewhere and then return to her home town and clean the abduction vehicle, and if it's a local, I would think a car wash in another area away from where she was taken would be the preferred choice. I just don't think the car wash necessarily relates to actually washing a car.

At this point, we really can list every trade/ occupation that exists.
It could be anyone.
There isn't enough information out there to point in a solid direction.
There is no crime scene that we know of.
Mollies phone, fitbit hasn't been located, that we know of.

I don't see why a killer would take her off somewhere and then return to her home town and clean the abduction vehicle, and if it's a local, I would think a car wash in another area away from where she was taken would be the preferred choice. I just don't think the car wash necessarily relates to actually washing a car.
I agree. I think it's a place where the camera captured her running by and so LE wants eyes on the ground, so to speak, to try to jar their memories of that evening and washing a vehicle or being in the general vicinity.

The amount of water used would be negligible. But yes, he certainly could have cleaned his car at home. If he was careful, that’s what he would have done. No cameras there.

Looking at the eastern most red dots, both are connected by road v21 that looks like an off-the-grid gravel hunting road. I would think to travel this road you would want a pick-up.
So what if instead of a clean-up, go hunting the next day and field dress on top of any evidence. What's in season this time of year in Iowa?

Can anyone here recall whether or not LE has asked the public to contact them if anyone they know sold/switched/junked their vehicles suddenly after July 19th or if someone normally not particularly fastidious about their vehicle meticulously cleaned the interior after the night of July 19th? I need to go back and rewatch the most recent presser...
They absolutely mentioned all of those things yesterday. Maybe not using those exact words but pointed out all of those things.

Yes. That would be more than slightly suspicious, and goes hand in hand with what the police said yesterday about bizarre behavior.
Or even perhaps someone who only cleans the inside and doesn't touch the outside. Maybe someone's favorite shirt, pair of pants, or pair of shoes is missing. Maybe they aren't wearing their typical attire....

Since there is nothing new, this case reminds me so much of Tracy Kroh. 17 year old girl, from small town USA, just vanishes. Car sitting in the town square, and no clues until a couple years later her purse washed up on land from the river.. She still has not been located and it's going on almost 30 years... She is on websleuths but not a lot of replies.

PA - PA - Tracy Kroh, 17, Millersburg, 5 Aug 1989

Can anyone here recall whether or not LE has asked the public to contact them if anyone they know sold/switched/junked their vehicles suddenly after July 19th or if someone normally not particularly fastidious about their vehicle meticulously cleaned the interior after the night of July 19th? I need to go back and rewatch the most recent presser...
IMO when they talk about odd behavior it's all encompassing. They delved into some specific behavior a little more like the increased consumption of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, things of that nature. But IMO they are asking for anything and everything out of the ordinary to be brought to their attention. There are going to be thousands of leads but I feel they are prepared to sift through those. It just takes that ONE lead from someone who didn't even realize they were seeing the signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo