Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here...I keep expecting a big break after each PC. It seems to me that LE has someone/something very specific in mind with each PC and are looking for information to corroborate their findings. When no such break occurs immediately following a PC, I get the feeling LE is “back to the drawing board”.

At the first PC, LC actually had to ask the public to stop bringing them food, as it apparently was an embarrassment of riches and more than they could eat! The local sign shop has been working overtime to crank out posters, signs, and buttons with local volunteer help. Iowa people are very friendly, nice people. I am certain that everyone in the Brooklyn area is doing whatever they can to help this family. I would bet that the family has not had a need to shop for groceries or cook since this started, unless they want to. Iowa people want to help in times like these, and it would be almost rude to tell them to stop bringing over covered dishes. Also, I bet the local churches (and some homes) will need new roofs, come the spring, from the wear and tear of all the prayers now being sent up to God. Being supportive of one's neighbors and standing by them is not a sprint to these people, where you show up one afternoon at a vigil and then go on your way; to them it is a marathon and a way of life. Also, the St. Jude Sweet Corn Festival in Cedar Rapids put up a prayer fence for MT this year, the first time they have ever done one.

I am glad you posted this and it is so true. I am from the south and lived in the midwest for a few years. This is just the way we are and the midwest was most like home to me out of all the other places I have lived. Community support comes in the form of rolling up sleeves and getting work more so than gathering and lighting candles, though that is nice, too. I feel that they are staying busy hoping to bring Mollie home.

Long haul truckers are usually on tight schedules. They're not on my top ten suspects list. Someone suggested delivery truck drivers, maybe the type that are on a fixed schedule. Also not on my top ten list, but it's too early to rule anyone out. At the present time, my top suspect is local, not necessarily a Brooklyn resident. He's an acquaintance of Mollie; someone she knows casually and who has spoken to her. My second top suspect is someone who has seen her jogging through town, but doesn't know her. Others are still possible. (Keystrokes super slow this morning.)

Maybe I can give a little insight on this.

The TA and the BP station are located next door to each other off of I-80, there is also a "lot" where semi's can park. Yes, these are busy locations for OTR truckers. They are also busy locations for the businesses coming in and out of Brooklyn and/or working on job sites in the proximity. Many of these people live in and around this area. My gut feeling is it someone local.

They are asking if anyone was at the carwash or the TA - where there was visible CCTV surveillance at both locations. To me, those would be the last places that I would be had I had abducted or unlawfully imprisoned someone.
Catching a glance of the predator's car on tape can build a case. Cases are built bit by bit, right? Also, he's clearly bold enough to abduct her, so could be he's experiencing increased desperation. He may be a few steps ahead before the crime is committed, unless he got incredibly lucky. He sees her, but sees the cameras. He somehow justifies in his mind his story later. Criminals do it all the time. They get their *highly improbable story down pat* but LE breaks it.

Mollie Tibbetts website surge forces cops to add server, as officials deny report they're closing in on arrest

Investigators on Wednesday denied a sensational RadarOnline report that claimed cops are closing in on potential suspects.

The report, published Tuesday, cites what it describes as a source close to the FBI’s investigation to state that detectives believe Tibbetts’ abductor attended a vigil for her in the days after she vanished.

“There is reason to believe the person responsible for Mollie’s disappearance attended a vigil and has continued to closely follow the case,” the celebrity news tabloid website quotes the source as saying.

The source claimed the potential abductor is likely to have helped out in community searches for Tibbetts and that “there is reason to believe Mollie is still being held captive and whoever this person is, agents from the FBI and local law enforcement agencies are closing in.”

Last edited:
I believe thst LE has accumulated a plethora of information, about this case.
That they have been connecting "the dots", to complete this puzzle. LE obviously only reveals info, that will not jeopardize their investigation. My gut feeling is that it has advanced, further than most people believe.

I will not be surprised, to whom this leads to. I worked in LE long enough, to not have tunnel vision, and keep open minded. There have been wide ranging opinions, as to the nature of the perp.
IMO, LE has sent out "mixed signals", since the inception of this investigation.
Probably not to telegraph, what knowledge they do have. Not to alert any POIS, they may have developed, for quite some time now.

I do go back to LE'S apparent view ...
That the public is not in any danger.
I have been giving this belief, a lot of thought.

I really appreciate your point of view, and that of any former LE or LE associated folks. I am wondering if the investigation of Mollie’s case could possibly solve more than just her disappearance. Perhaps they are zeroing in on the perp who took her, but the investigation has unexpectedly furthered other regional unsolved cases (i.e., Abby and Libby, Lyric and Elizabeth).

My thoughts run to several scenarios, but my gut still thinks Mollie’s case could be related to others. I honestly feel we are real close to an answer at least for Mollie. Fingers crossed, and prayers all around.

I don’t know what the call logs mean. Could someone call the police to say they hit a deer so they get it recorded for insurance claims purposes? Would police have to inspect the car or is that left to the insurance company?

We didn't have to have any police report last year when we had our deer collision.

Re: suspicious purchases.

When we were trying for our third child, I sent my husband to the store in the middle of the night to buy a pregnancy text. While he was there, he went ahead and picked up a few other things we needed. Checked out with a pregnancy test, a roll of duct tape, and a shovel. Salesgirl didn't bat an eye.

I would purchase those items together also... But with a large tarp, 3 moving blankets, chicken wire, 4 cinderblocks and 2 gal of bleach

I mean......

the scales are not going to notice 100-200 pounds. truckers take clothes, ice chest, laptops...the interest in weight is in the trailer and even if over just a ticket normaly.

And the weights can be offset by a few hundred pounds of dry ice if added to the original weight... It vaporizes into the air when left exposed.

Catching a glance of the predator's car on tape can build a case. Cases are built bit by bit, right? Also, he's clearly bold enough to abduct her, so could be he's experiencing increased desperation. He may be a few steps ahead before the crime is committed, unless he got incredibly lucky. He sees her, but sees the cameras. He somehow justifies in his mind his story later. Criminals do it all the time. They get their *highly improbable story down pat* but LE breaks it.

It doesn't have to be luck. Cameras at the car was are probably useless. They are most likely always covered with condensation and maybe hard water stains

images

source for graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members