Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the truck stop have a car was as well? Maybe LE is looking at the car wash and TS for evidence of someone hitting her with their vehicle? Just a thought...

Not the specific truck stop they are looking at. From the Google Streetview it consists of 1 building that has food, bathrooms, supplies, etc.. An area where the trucks can gas up, and then another building for truck service/mechanical repairs.

Does the truck stop have a car was as well? Maybe LE is looking at the car wash and TS for evidence of someone hitting her with their vehicle? Just a thought...
Possible, but I would tie the car wash to the cameras on the side of the building or the fact that there was supposedly a witness sighting on that road and she would have walked right past the car wash.

I have a trucker friend & he talks about those weigh stations. He says it'd be real hard to carry even a little bit of weight over what his load is supposed to be on the record. So maybe we're looking at a trucker who doesn't have to sit on the weights.
Long haul truckers are usually on tight schedules. They're not on my top ten suspects list. Someone suggested delivery truck drivers, maybe the type that are on a fixed schedule. Also not on my top ten list, but it's too early to rule anyone out. At the present time, my top suspect is local, not necessarily a Brooklyn resident. He's an acquaintance of Mollie; someone she knows casually and who has spoken to her. My second top suspect is someone who has seen her jogging through town, but doesn't know her. Others are still possible. (Keystrokes super slow this morning.)

Your comment made me immediately think of Bo Dukes family in the Tara Grinstead case. Were you thinking the same?

Over in the thread on the Rhoden Family Murders of 8, we refer to it as the "Boss Hogg" theory.

I'm still leaning toward this being an abduction by someone unfamiliar to MT but not necessarily vice-versa. The perp may know MT from having seen her running a few times through the streets of Brooklyn. Somewhat planned, as a crime of opportunity.

The perp is not necessarily a local but is familiar with the area, perhaps their job brings them to/through Brooklyn on a semi-regular or rare basis. The perp might also have been a resident of Brooklyn at one time but had relocated (for employment purposes) within the past year. The perp might have visited family (not necessarily in Brooklyn but in proximity) that week.

I do not subscribe to the "being kept alive" scenario although I remain open to accepting that possibility. I do not believe the perp would want a victim/witness to remain alive.

I am going to piggyback on your comment about the perp might have been resident of Brooklyn-

As I have been learning more and more about Brooklyn I was struck at the number of residences which are rentals. And the offices are not located in Brooklyn but Montezuma. SO I hope anyone who is a property manager for any location in Brooklyn (or nearby) will help provide LE the answers they seek. I hope the property owners/managers will look at their records, take a drive to their properties and see if there is different car or vehicle, if any new damage anywhere is seen. If a tenant left without giving notice or just unexpectedly before the end of July.

There also seem to be folks who rotate in and out of Brooklyn. I think LE should be told of anyone who rotated in near Mollie's residences or her jogging routes - oh, wait - property managers may not know even today whether their property is along any of Mollie's jogging routes?

It's crossed my mind that they do have a PI and aren't telling anyone.

Thats possible. I had not thought about that. Its probably a good idea to not tell anyone if they did hire a PI. The PI may even prefer they dont tell anyone.

I hope they have already hired one. IMO it can only help so long as its a good professional PI. Most of the good ones dont get in the way of LE.

Your not going to have to wait long; how about a barcode on your forehead first; the way planet Earth is heading.
How about an internal 'homing' device vs exterior. Something impossible to remove except through out-patient surgery. Hope we never resort to that but...

That scary thought reminds me of the DNA heredity samples you can mail in...sneaky way for LE to find an offender.

Didn't LE ask for whoever was near the areas of the truck stop, car wash, and 385th ave. that night to call in? Plus they have all the video. So wouldn't it be important to find out who doesn't call in?

Having hit a deer on a highway, I don't think you could stage a deer collision. The fur gets on your car and stuck in the cracks and dents. We are city people moved to the country so we asked a thousand questions to our car insurance agent and the repair shop fixing our car. They both said they see this constantly and it's obvious that you hit a deer and not another object. I think any repair shop the person went to would immediately know whether or not it was a deer collision.

I live in a state with a lot of rural highways. There are so many accidents involving a deer that no one bats and eye or asks questions here. We hit one last year and it tore my front end up. There was only a smear of blood. No fur or anything else like that. I took tons of pictures of the the front end and we did go back and find the deer. It never occurred to me to take a picture of the dead deer but then again no one from insurance ever asked for one either.

I've read almost all of the missing threads on here... I think people are looking for the wrong type of person in this case as well... For the case of mollie I see some of the wrong things focused on...

1. The talk of her Asthma. She was known to have Exercise Induced Bronchoconstriction in high school, however over 60% have no symptoms in adulthood. Also, exercise is ENCOURAGED in well maintained asthma cases

2. The subject of the Snapchat that "looks" like it was taken inside. You can send ANY picture saved on your phone through SN. It's possible she took a picture she liked earlier in the day, sent it in the evening, and her bf opened it at 10pm.

3. There was a lot of time wasted on WC. His prior stalking cases were NOT involving strangers. It was his ex and her daughter. He had a close personal relationship with them in the past. Just because people want him to be the perp, doesn't make it so.

4. The fact her devices stopped pinging at a certain spot. All someone would have to do is flag her down and smile and ask if they could use her phone for a second to call their wife because their phone battery died. A car seat in a minivan would not be threatening at all... All they would have to do as they were handed the phone is power it off and act like it wasn't working either. 30 second grab.

5. I see the person involved as a professional, married, white male, driving a minivan with all but one seat down and that seat has a car seat on it... He has either been in town interviewing for one of the engineer jobs for one of the new projects, a district restaurant manager, or pharmaceutical rep. Not his first time at all.
A minivan is really low and easy to load.

People seem to underestimate how convincing a nice smile and gentle voice can be. I've asked people for directions near the University of Miami and people have actually offered to get in my car and show me how to get there. It's scary.
I totally agree with you on points 1-3. I do think that LE gathered critical information from her devices, however. And I love your out-of-the-box thinking on point #5. You could be spot on.

Re: suspicious purchases.

When we were trying for our third child, I sent my husband to the store in the middle of the night to buy a pregnancy text. While he was there, he went ahead and picked up a few other things we needed. Checked out with a pregnancy test, a roll of duct tape, and a shovel. Salesgirl didn't bat an eye.

They are asking if anyone was at the carwash or the TA - where there was visible CCTV surveillance at both locations. To me, those would be the last places that I would be had I had abducted or unlawfully imprisoned someone.
However, if a perp was in town early on, he/ she would have to hang out somewhere. Cameras there looking for either Mollie jogging by or a vehicle of interest. Could be following the trail of the suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shouldersbroad