IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. Yes, the numbers add up. If IM is 21 now with a 3 year old child, she’d have been about 18 when the child was born.

I think this child deserves compassion, rather than allegations of proof of her father’s capacity for extreme violence given we know nothing about the relationship between the two.

That baby may also be considered a victim here.

And you know this, how? Or is this just an opinion?

It is based on a number of previous posts that cite and point out that age of concent in Iowa is 16 (which I recall from my time there) and that Iowa law allows for a 5 year separation between partners. IM was a year ahead of MT in school (up post) and older than age of consent when she had the kid 3 years ago. Without her testimony how are you going to prove CR had sex with her before age of consent? And if this were an even semi-legitimate claim, the Daily Mail would already be all over it.

Also, IMO no competent State prosecuter is going to waste his time on this trival a matter when he has a Murder One case to peruse. It detracts from the more serious case at hand, and dilutes the State's prosecutorial effort. The goal here is to send CR away from life for Murder One, and everything else is a distraction.

A murder defense could easily cost $100,000 to $200,000. Hard to believe his family is preparing to pay that. The attorneys would likely want a substantial retainer just to get started. There could be some civil rights groups pitching in. I also wonder if the Mexican consulate might be pitching in some.

Or an immigrant rights group.

It is based on a number of previous posts that cite and point out that age of concent in Iowa is 16 (which I recall from my time there) and that Iowa law allows for a 5 year separation between partners. IM was a year ahead of MT in school (up post) and older than age of consent when she had the kid 3 years ago. Without her testimony how are you going to prove CR had sex with her before age of consent? And if this were an even semi-legitimate claim, the Daily Mail would already be all over it.

Also, IMO no competent State prosecuter is going to waste his time on this trival a matter when he has a Murder One case to peruse. It detracts from the more serious case at hand, and dilutes the State's prosecutorial effort. The goal here is to send CR away from life for Murder One, and everything else is a distraction.
Also I think someone has cleverly figured out that she was around 18 at the time.

Spot on!

Strictly MOO, any group that pays for his legal fees makes me sick to my stomach

It’s one thing to do it pro bono, it’s a whole other beast for someone to pay his expenses

Not if he is one of your own. There is a lot of immigrant rights group money out there.

Also, as I have previously pointed out, when my Stepdaughter was facing the death penalty in Mississippi for brutally killing her daughter, a pro-life group in England paid for her defense team. After that, I am no longer surprised by any money that comes forward to pay for any cause, no matter how bizzar!

Not if he is one of your own. There is a lot of immigrant rights group money out there.

Also, as I have previously pointed out, when my Stepdaughter was facing the death penalty in Mississippi for brutally killing her daughter, a pro-life group in England paid for her defense team. After that, I am no longer surprised by any money that comes forward to pay for any cause, no matter how bizzar!

That is strange Al, did they even know here, how did this group come into play?

Is there ever a case where LE would not tell the family this information? Or maybe in this case they did but it wasn't 100% proof, so they soldiered on thinking she might be alive? That's the part the gets me.

I think that, in this circumstance, LE is being tight lipped with everyone, including MT's family, until they know for sure what the facts are. And even then they aren't saying much to anyone!

Preliminary FitBit data may have only indicated to LE that HR monitoring only stopped, with reason uncertain (as in FitBit was removed). So, what if her heart rate showed increase then stopped, this could only show she had a burst of adrenalin, ran and the FitBit was removed or damaged. In hindsight (which is 20/20) the presence of the FitBit on the body could add clarity to any heart rate data that is available.

There is a reason that 24 hour cardiac monitoring requires an activity log, to make better sense of the recording.

*I seriously don't mean to rehash things. Honestly. I'm very map and time obsessed right now and need to know if this works.

Has it been confirmed how fast Mollie normally ran?

I ask because distance-wise, I don't think it would be out of line for her to normally run to some point (or to the end) of the 1900 block of 385th. If she was running an 8 minute mile pace or less, running all the way to the end and home would be close to 45 minutes.

If she was planning to go straight to her mom's from Boundary and Middle area, she'd only have really run a couple of miles that night. Which maybe was the case, but that wasn't her normal distance, I don't think.

Going with this idea, I think CR followed her down 385 and either ambushed her towards the less-populated eastern end, or waited for her somewhere there until she was on her way back. That spot on LE's map was probably due to a Fitbit spike during abduction, which likely was a grab and go.

If Mollie was running about an 8 minute mile, that would have put her at that red dot around 8pm or shortly after. From that intersection it takes around 15 minutes to drive to the cornfield via V21 (sorry, I had this wrong yesterday) and past pig farm (only 1 mile away from cornfield).

I think he could have dragged/carried her into the cornfield and done all he did in approximately 10 minutes, and her Fitbit showed death at 8:28pm, or CR was on his phone at 8:28. Something. JMO

Of course, if she was a much slower runner, this scenario wouldn't work the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member