Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Han said:
I think she was the boss. She acts like the boss, she talks like the boss, and CW reacts as if she is the boss. Respectfully, I don’t just think it was on camera.

I do, too. And by having an affair and telling SW he wanted a separation, CW was "firing" SW as his boss. Do I think SW could become enraged at his rejection? Absolutely, I do.
JMO

I agree @MyBelle and @Han with your posts sadly. Nobody knows what goes on in a family behind closed doors despite what is seen in SM and SM videos. SM allows people to escape reality and create their own perfect world. The truth is that pictures and videos on social media are just small snapshots of our lives and yet there is so much more lying deep beneath the surface, unseen to those on top of the water.

I think there’s likely truth to the baby monitors somewhere, but I’m wondering now, and maybe already discussed, what time did the girls normally take their baths I wonder. Were they bathed together? Maybe he drowned them. And if even Shanann for that matter if she took a bath when she got home.

Who knows. Really anything is possible, moo.

She got home around 2:00 and it had been a long day. As she was an early riser, I don't think she'd bother showering at that hour. What difference would another few hours make?

CW did seem to be willing to play his role in the videos. I still don't understand the need or the point of live streaming the Santa video. I would have zero interest in interrupting my family's special time in order to watch a co-worker's kids cry, pout and hide.
JMO
Seems to me a video just gone wrong. Things didn't go as Shanann planned, and she may not have handled it like some of us may have... in hindsight.

It would have been nice to see CW play the role of dad and comfort his girls during that video, and show some sort of emotional engagement about what was happening. jmo

Han said:
I think she was the boss. She acts like the boss, she talks like the boss, and CW reacts as if she is the boss. Respectfully, I don’t just think it was on camera.

I agree @MyBelle and @Han with your posts sadly. Nobody knows what goes on in a family behind closed doors despite what is seen in SM and SM videos. SM allows people to escape reality and create their own perfect world. The truth is that pictures and videos on social media are just small snapshots of our lives and yet there is so much more lying deep beneath the surface, unseen to those on top of the water.
Exactly. This is why forming any judgement about CW or SW, based on social media, is inherently flawed.

Apparently yes she could have moved back to NC without CW's approval.
How does that work with seeing the children?
If all that that you say is true, then in my opinion C.W. is a very weak man. Not a man, a child. Not only did he destroy his life, he destroyed hers. If you have a problem you don’t fake it, you speak up. You can’t have a functioning marriage if you don’t. I don’t sympathize with him. With all the positive things SW said about him, how could he possibly say he did nothing right in her eyes? And that little girl singing, “My Daddy is a hero?” What father wouldn’t melt after seeing his daughter sing that song to him? We can’t blame SW for being disappointed in him. I wouldn’t want to have to live on $60,000 per year with 2 kids.. I’d be pushing my husband, too, and myself.

Teachers with four year college degrees in MN start in the $30,000’s. My daughter with a Master’s in Speech Therapy and Board Certified started at $40,000.

$60,000 sounds like a nice salary

The dog howling, whether day or night, has been discussed.
He has been constantly with his family, has a routine, loads of interaction with the kiddies.
If he had been placed outside, he is now alone, all his mates are gone, he is distressed, wanting company, the love he had experienced has gone.
Let us hope he has loads of cuddles, and has a lovely lifestyle, with his new owners.
Our pets grieve, as we do.
The little one, I have at present, is grieving for her friend.
Her entire personality has altered: now a quiet little thing, whereas previously she was 'full of beans'.
Now she has to be at my side at all times, in case I also go, I would think.
Hug to you, tmar, and your little one.

Apparently yes she could have moved back to NC without CW's approval.
That would be a quick way to lose custody of the children. You can't just move to another state when you have kids. She could have left them with him in CO, but that would be abandonment which is another quick way to lose custody.

Seems to me a video just gone wrong. Things didn't go as Shanann planned, and she may not have handled it like some of us may have... in hindsight.

It would have been nice to see CW play the role of dad and comfort his girls during that video, and show some sort of emotional engagement about what was happening. jmo
Do you not feel that CW was accommodating SW though?. Like you say this had possibly been planned beforehand. Maybe he just didn't want to let her down?

I do feel that way. Moreover I feel that the criticism against SW has often been so general that it has crossed over into making some of us who are parents on here feel uncomfortable.(Note I said "some.") Many of the same things SW has been criticized for, for instance, are things that I commonly do with my own kids so seeing these things followed by insinuations that she is a bad parent or, worse, abusive to her children makes me cringe. She has been criticized for the number of videos she made, the manner in which she has reacted to her children's tantrums, the way in which she has spoken to her husband, pushing her children to interact with a Santa Claus that they are leery of, the way in which she has decorated her house, the way in which she has organized her belongings, her closet, her vehicle, etc. If she makes posts about how much she loves her husband, how grateful she is to have him, then she's criticized for over compensating and been "fake." If she, as the director, gives him instructions in a video or makes what I think is a light-hearted jab at him, however, then she is "bossy" or "verbally abusive."

She has a serious illness that I know, from personal experience, can be debilitating. I know MANY people who have all but given up on life and now do very little with themselves because of it. SW has been criticized for going on Thrive trips (even though her husband often accompanied her), for the kind of job she had (you may not like MLMs, but it was still her job), the amount of housework she boasted of doing...She took her children across the country and spent 5 weeks with them without her husband (while pregnant), and yet she's been criticized for leaving them with him for 2 nights while she went to Arizona.

So yes, sometimes it does feel like a free for all. I've been a member on here for almost 5 years. In the ghostwriting business, I've been involved with quite a few murder cases. I don't think I've ever seen any victim as analyzed as SW. Indeed, she is often the topic of conversation more than her husband.

Thanks for your reply. I can understand your position.

I do think part of the disconnect for many is that we have been told that it is ok to speculate on CW's version of events. If that is the case, then we as a WS community automatically have a problem if some people find the process of that offensive. I have a hard time envisioning a forum where it is ok to speculate on a person's guilt or innocence that doesn't end up, in some way, criticizing that person.

To your point, (about your being a member here for 5 years and not having seen such a thing as this) I think this case/this thread is different than many previous ones b/c in most other cases the person sitting in jail has not accused the spouse of a crime.

It's a tough situation all around. And a heartbreaking case.

JMO.

Human snapping from being left pregnant for another woman has caused that as well imo

And the other person calls 911, both IMO and from experience (emergency dispatcher).

SW gets home at 2am.

To believe his scenario you have to believe:

The conversation started at 4am (interestingly he initially said 5am)

That conversation needed time to reach the point of being SO heated that she “snaps” and kills not one, but two children, which takes approximately 4 minutes or more per child

He then ALSO “snaps” and kills her. (What time is it now?).

At no point during all this does he call 911 or anyone else for help, to save his own children

Then, he drags three bodies downstairs one by one

Loads them all one by one into his truck

It’s now 5.27am, 77 minutes after they first woke up

He drives 40 miles to an oil site which takes close to an hour

Dumps his beloved babies into oil tanks. Digs a shallow grave in hard earth burying his preganant wife.

Goes to work after all this and acts like nothing happened.

Pretends to police that nothing happened.

And then does multiple media interviews showing no signs of grief of psychosis, even smiling at times and showing off his t-shirt

This completely defies logic, and utterly fails the “common sense” test IMO

How does that work with seeing the children?

Teachers with four year college degrees in MN start in the $30,000’s. My daughter with a Master’s in Speech Therapy and Board Certified started at $40,000.

$60,000 sounds like a nice salary
Yes it does. But IMO it's ok she pushed herself to achieve more. And IMO she's not the one who had an affair. and put her children in oil tanks and buried her spouse and unborn son in dirt.

That would be a quick way to lose custody of the children. You can't just move to another state when you have kids. She could have left them with him in CO, but that would be abandonment which is another quick way to lose custody.
I would need to check back, but I was certain this had been answered before. Now I'm not sure!

I wonder if after the emotional conversation CW went to sleep but SW didn't.
I was actually just thinking the opposite, with regards to the phone in the couch (I think I posted it), that maybe after their “emotional conversation” she went to sleep on the couch. She might not have wanted to sleep next to a “cheater”, or if they had just talked about separating...
(Eta: As far as “splitting the sheets”, my ex used to get the “doggie couch” on the floor in the living room lol. He said he was quite happy there actually. He ended up sleeping there for months before we finally separated.)

But then, I think the conservation mght have escalated into his violence during the conversation so maybe she didn’t go to the couch...

Maybe they fought, the kids woke up...

So many possible scenarios here (which imo do not include Shanann killing her children.)

—-

ETA: hey wait a minute, any chance they were sleeping in separate bedrooms? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member