Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t. But I tend to believe that it is true. He wanted to beat police to the house, just to have some control over the search.

He of course, was lying when he claimed he rushed home out of concern for his family.
BBM

Right on. NA reports that CW was unconcerned when she couldn't locate SW and the girls. He hopped to it only when she informed him she was calling the cops.

I too wondered if her trip to NC wasn’t a little respite from CW. Perhaps after talking with her family regarding their marital troubles she came to the conclusion that she and the girls would be okay without him.
I have an off-the-wall theory here that the time with her family strengthened her to do what she needed to do, which is why she told NUA that she was going to need her more than ever. I think possibly she told him the marriage was over and he went off in a rage. He had talked her into a third pregnancy even while having an affair because he believed that would make it impossible for her to leave him no matter what he did. When he found out that she was no longer going to worship at that empty shell of an alter, he lost it. I don't necessarily believe this is exactly what transpired but it's a possibility.

I agree. What's interesting is that with all of the very smart sleuthers here, and with all of the evidence we have seen thus far, none of us have been able to figure out CW's exact master plan with any degree of certainty. That said, I do think he planned it out and I do think he thought he would get away with it.

He says SW killed his daughters, so he ultimately strangled her to death. He then puts SW's body in a shallow grave at a location that is and was connected to him. He puts the bodies of his little girls into oil tanks at that same location, because that's how loving parents deal with their deceased children. Even if it was part of his master plan to move SW's body to another location, didn't it occur to him there would evidence her body had been there, at that location?

He then has the unmitigated gall to give three media interviews, where he puts on a real show and tells one bizarre lie after another and decides it is a good idea to talk about his t-shirt, smile, chuckle, etc.

JMO, some have perceived that SW bossed him around and tried to control him. Maybe SW had found out the hard way that he needed to be specifically told what to do and there is something wrong with his thinking, and he had very poor judgment and made horrible decisions? That's what I'm thinking because he now sits in jail, with no bail, and he's been charged with multiple, hideous felonies. Truly the worst charges possible.

And this all happened why? Because he's resentful and feeling much hatred at SW because she's trying to run the show and as far as he is concerned "this has got to stop"? We can see exactly how well CW handles things when he takes charge. It truly boggles my mind.

All JMO.

Super-duper post, @molly1255

The discussion was that she could easily go to the doc in NC.

I think if anyone would look at the costs of their simple visits, they would be astounded. Add in lab work. Add in hospital admission.

Where I lived, a simple blood test was way over $100 . Add in the doc, the nurse , supplies. Ca ching ca ching.
She could have easily gone to a doc in NC. They're everywhere. I highly doubt she was weighing costs of hospitalization in her travels as perhaps she did not consider or was told that her pregnancy was high risk.

I doubt that Shanann would have put her life and Nico's in danger to take Bella and CeCe on a family summer vacation.

I find it odd to not judge Shanann's work trips and consideration of hospitalization costs for her "high risk" pregnancy in which she "left" her doctor and ignored and focus on her trip to NC and not a word of concern for her business trip, that paid for CW's vacations that he could not provide, upon which she came home to be strangled to death by her husband.

Since this murder victim is being judged after all.

She would have been out of network there too.

MOO

Last edited:
I have an off-the-wall theory here that the time with her family strengthened her to do what she needed to do, which is why she told NUA that she was going to need her more than ever. I think possibly she told him the marriage was over and he went off in a rage. He had talked her into a third pregnancy even while having an affair because he believed that would make it impossible for her to leave him no matter what he did. When he found out that she was no longer going to worship at that empty shell of an alter, he lost it. I don't necessarily believe this is exactly what transpired but it's a possibility.
I don’t think this is “off the wall” at all. I think it is entirely plausible that something like this occurred.

The evidence certainly doesn’t exclude it at this point, and it makes a lot of sense in general.

The discussion was that she could easily go to the doc in NC.

I think if anyone would look at the costs of their simple visits, they would be astounded. Add in lab work. Add in hospital admission.

Where I lived, a simple blood test was way over $100 . Add in the doc, the nurse , supplies. Ca ching ca ching.

I don’t disagree at all that out of network visits are redonkulous in terms of cost. They are. But I have a similar situation to SW in that I am on my DH’s company plan because I freelance/consult. Anadarko is a national company and probably uses a major provider. So she would just have to find a local in network doc. I could go anywhere in the US and find a provider that accepts my insurance because they are in every state. I am just not sure that this issue is an actual issue? Jmo.

Yes. All that cake and eat it too, stuff. He liked her organising him (look what happened when she wasn't around anymore. He could not even put the sheets in the outside garbage and leave it for collection) but wanted his affairs to continue.

I don’t disagree at all that out of network visits are redonkulous in terms of cost. They are. But I have a similar situation to SW in that I am on my DH’s company plan because I freelance/consult. Anadarko is a national company and probably uses a major provider. So she would just have to find a local in network doc. I could go anywhere in the US and find a provider that accepts my insurance because they are in every state. I am just not sure that this issue is an actual issue? Jmo.
I personally find it a non-issue.

It was brought up that she could go to the doctor anytime in NC if she had issues.

I do not kmow every insurance plan in the world, so I amy be way wrong. But all of the ones I know of have different costs for in network or out of network.

And the costs matter if you are admitted to the hospital or if you are not.

Doctor costs are very expensive where I lived in MN. And going out of network could get one to have to lay 20% of the costs.

Perhaps some insurance companies are different, but the ones I have seen have rules and if you goof up, it does not matter. Thr name of their game is money

In most insurance plans, if you have to go out of network because you are out of town, especially if you are pregnant, then you can go to a clinic or hospital and they pay the regular costs. If you are in your hometown and go out of network, they charge you an arm and a leg.

I've used it before when bringing a quote over from a closed thread. I use the normal quote feature on open threads.
The OP described a copy and paste method to achieve that result instead of using the quote feature.

Which the mod subsequently asked us not to do. Using the quote method did not result in the method they used to post.

It was brought up that she could go to the doctor anytime in NC if she had issues.

I do not kmow every insurance plan in the world, so I amy be way wrong. But all of the ones I know of have different costs for in network or out of network.

And the costs matter if you are admitted to the hospital or if you are not.

Doctor costs are very expensive where I lived in MN. And going out of network could get one to have to lay 20% of the costs.

Perhaps some insurance companies are different, but the ones I have seen have rules and if you goof up, it does not matter. Thr name of their game is money
Oh, I see. I don't know how that works either, but I know people who have had to get medical care or go to an ER while on vacation. Maybe they have to pay the bill themselves. But pre- natal care may be different. The insurance may cover it. Do we even know what type of insurance they had?

I wasn’t aware he was having an affair 6-8 months . Had I realized the amounts of rebuttal I would receive from a statement believing the marriage was in trouble and pointing out her pregnancy I would not have bothered . I felt this was one thing no matter which side you were on ,would not be so objected. As I said I am basing this on my experiences in life and everyone else on here may have done the same thing she chose to do and felt they were in a happy marriage and it was normal for them. I am not saying she was bad nor he was perfect I am stating my opinion I am not here to change anyone’s

All individual jurors can do is view everything from their own individual perspectives that are shaped by their own life experiences. Please don't apologize. JMO

Why would SW say her OB approved of the patches if she only used them for "photographic" purposes? That would be false advertising. JMO
What ever brings home the bacon, I suppose.

It definitely could have gone down that way. If she told NA she would need her more than ever and she had just spent 5 weeks at home with her family taking a break and possibly discussing it with them. Maybe that's why her mother even mentioned them separating to the hair stylist. Maybe Mom thought it was a done deal so had no problem telling her friend about it. Maybe SW mentioned issues to NA but didn't come out and tell her that they were separating because SW wanted to tell CW first. (Remember NA said the first she heard of a separation was from CW). Maybe SW was the one who told CW she wanted a separation and the emotional conversation turned into him going into a rage in the same way others think SW did except it was reversed. It could have been him saying, "Oh no, you aren't going to leave me. I'm the one with someone else. I'm the one that doesn't want you anymore" and then violence ensued. It's another way to look at it.

I would also like to mention that she and the girls DID fly home from NC on Aug. 7 and she didn't leave for AZ on Aug. 10. So she was home with him for three full days, at which point any such conversation about a separation could've taken place. This is all speculation on my part, but he may have waited til after this trip because it would've been way harder to explain where she was if she missed the conference where so many people were undoubtedly expecting her. However, I do think he had made up his mind and figured Sun. night was a good night to get rid of the girls since there would be no pushback from SW, and once SW got home he could finish her off, and then set about his ridiculous story bright and early Monday. JMO.

ETA: didn't leave for Arizona UNTIL Aug. 10***

Brand new here and this is my first post! I have been obsessed with this case since the beginning. I wonder if he also felt he had limited time to commit the crime since Bella was going to start school soon and with her missing it would be noticed immediately? Although he doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, it would show some premeditation.

He also did seem like he was hen-pecked and played a submissive role, so for him to assert himself in such a violent way is very interesting to say the least. The way he disposed of his children is so evil and callous, it is hard to imagine he was ever a loving parent. But on a lot of the video posts, he seemed like he authentically loved the children. He's a true Jekyll and Hyde.

The OP described a copy and paste method to achieve that result instead of using the quote feature.

Which the mod subsequently asked us not to do.

I know - I was just saying I've used the copy and paste method (with the little arrow) to bring a quote over from a closed thread. You can't quote or reply to a post from a closed thread like you can an open thread.

All individual jurors can do is view everything from their own individual perspectives that are shaped by their own life experiences. Please don't apologize. JMO
Respectfully. That’s terrifying if their views are shaped more by their experiences, than by the evidence that is presented. Emotion clouds thinking, and is the enemy of justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy