Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m guessing not on the apartment lease in that case.
I knew people rented out rooms but wasn’t thinking about million dollar homes on the water owner in family law firm.
95608115_540102499986248_640494814856478720_n.jpg

My guess is they rented out a room in their new apartment.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
Brunswick is a large county as far as total area. It extends from Wilmington south to the S.C. state line all of which is mainly rural.

WPD: Missing Wilmington women’s car may be in Brunswick County | Port City Daily

WILMINGTON — Wilmington police are searching for a missing couple last seen leaving their apartment fourteen days ago, and are trying to corroborate “tangible leads” that the vehicle they were leaving in — a 2013 grey Dodge Dart sedan — may be in Brunswick County.

The roommate of both missing women — Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25 — reported them missing four days after she had last seen them leave their Kerr Avenue apartment on the night of April 15.

I agree, they had both received their stimulus money. No bank activity, so IMO running away does not make sense.

I missed where this was reported (that they'd received their "stimulus money")--would you mind pointing me to where you saw it?

Maybe, but it was 9 something at night and they had worked all day, getting off at 7 pm. Due back at work the next morning, so I'm thinking their attire is something comfy like I would wear when I'm at home. Plus aren't all gyms closed due to CV-19?

It's being said they were working for a construction company, who does remodel work. Don't ask me to provide a link.

I think you're right about gyms being closed--hence my guess that they might be headed outdoors for exercise. It's possible that the clothing is just comfy/around-the-house-wear, but athletic sweatshirt/hoodie, leggings with reflective strips, and athletic footwear all worn at once definitely make me think less of loafing around and more of doing something active!

I'm with the folks who wonder about a drunken driving accident. Randolph Parkway heading east has a little lake or pond. A close-up showed that there is a spot where a car could veer straight into the water. The only thing really in the way is a park bench.

Re the age -- maybe the person who entered the info switched from 24 to 42 in error. Just a thought.
Some house/some price. Wrightsville is a nice little village. It has some of the most expensive real estate on the NC coast. Lost of boating, sailing, golfing, fancy clubs & restaurants, etc. The residents can be a bit snobby.

So I went to school in Wilmington (UNCW) and plenty of Wrightsville beach houses are rented out by room especially to students. Don’t know if that would explain the address or not but wanted to toss that idea out there.
Good info!
Yes, UNCW isn't really that far away from Wrightsville -- a great way to go to collage! I probably would not have graduated college in 4 years if I had been living in a rented room in W/Beach and attending UNCW!

And this,

Welcome to Websleuths,
kaseychick9 !!

Just to clear things up -- Wilmington is not in Brunswick County --

Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, several other beaches, and UNCW are all located in New Hanover County -- just to give those WS'ers a feel for what's where if they are unfamiliar with the area.
It's the 2nd smallest county in land area (NC has 100 counties), but it is one of the most populous. Wilmington, its county seat, is one of the state's largest cities. Just FYI.

Just to clear things up -- Wilmington is not in Brunswick County --

Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, several other beaches, and UNCW are all located in New Hanover County -- just to give those WS'ers a feel for what's where if they are unfamiliar with the area.
It's the 2nd smallest county in land area (NC has 100 counties), but it is one of the most populous. Wilmington, its county seat, is one of the state's largest cities. Just FYI.

I should have said in my post that Brunswick does not encompass Wilmington but starts just south of the city. Didn’t mean to cause any confusion.

I also wanted to add that, if they did go to Brunswick, I highly doubt it was to one of the coastal towns. With the virus going on they’ve been closed to all visitors. All beach activity has been closed until this week. No vacation rentals allowed either. Those things given, folks are very aware of who does and does not belong in these little beach towns. Their car would have been noticed by now imo.

Detective said "especially the Brunswick area, we've got some active information we are working right now and trying to corroborate. We have some uncorroborated tangible leads that the vehicle may be in Brunswick County ".

He says the vehicle may be in BC, not the girls. What exactly does that mean?

I think it means they may have the vehicle on surveillance ,but they cannot identify who is in the car? JMO

Just to clear things up -- Wilmington is not in Brunswick County -- but Brunswick County is right next to New Hanover. And Brunswick does kinda sprawl over a lot of area, and it is indeed rural in many areas -- much more so than N.H. Co. Lots of places to get lost, either on purpose or by bad luck. It could be quite a search in that area -- lots of little roads, watery and swampy areas, etc.

This article has a good bit of information I hadn’t seen before.

'We’re really hoping this has a happy ending’: Wilmington police give update on 'suspicious’ disappearance of two women

Investigators managed to track down surveillance video from a neighbor that showed the pair leave the apartment, get into a grey 2013 Dodge Dart, and head north on South Kerr Avenue.

GU6WEOUF5FEVDGDJUFE6VYLWHU.jpg

Surveillance video of Stephanie Mayorga (left) and Paige Escalera (right) as they were leaving their apartment on April 15. (Source: Wilmington Police Department)

“They were in the process of getting a new apartment, they were engaged. They were trying to finish up education. Things were looking good,” said Dana Jarman.

Many raised questions about the timeline of the case during Wednesday’s press conference. The couple was last seen two weeks before the press briefing. Police explained that they received new information this week that made the situation more serious. While they couldn’t share what that information was, they also admitted work restrictions from COVID-19 may have also played a role in the case’s slow start.

He urged everyone in the Wilmington metropolitan area, especially those in Brunswick County, to be on the lookout for the Dodge Dart. He added that Escalera previously worked in Spartanburg, S.C. and has connections to that area.

Investigators say the Dodge Dart has S.C. tags MVS-902 and has a dent on the bumper on the driver-side rear of the vehicle. The vehicle also has two stickers at the bottom corners of the back glass.

There is a guy behind her in the doorway?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back