Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accounting for Crowdfunded $ Expenditures?
Trevor said he would create a meticulous accounting of all monies spent from the fund. Sure would like to read that. I sent a request through the fund site about a week ago. Crickets. Not surprised.
@dkryder :) sbm Thanks for sending a request to the organizer.
I've only read a few G-.F---d.M-. campaigns, so I'm curious:
Has anyone ever seen an organizer's accounting of expenditures, posted on a G..F...d.M.. page or soc media?

I just started a 'Crowdfunding: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly?' thread in Private Forums as it seems extended discussion about this is O/T in this thread. TiA.

Hey – in thinking about the access to information LE has.........can one surmise they suspect Suzanne was gone before Mothers Day? Hint: they were digging up cement on a job Barry was on prior to Mothers Day – we know he claims to have been away on Mothers day, not at the cement site.

Someone know a cement company in the area? When was the “slab on grade” poured?

Good point.

If you recall famed idiot Patrick Frazee, law enforcement also described him as “cooperative.”

He of course lied his *advertiser censored* off, and then lawyered up, and shut up. At the time, they knew he was lying, but that didn’t stop them from describing him that way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something similar occurred here, and BM willingly turned over his phone, DNA, fingerprints, and vehicle.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was no longer answering questions, likely on the advise of counsel.

Things seemed to be trending that way when the sheriff threw in the line about hoping that he would continue to cooperate.

Very true. And actually, I don’t think Frazer ever actually answered LE questions.

Very true. And actually, I don’t think Frazer ever actually answered LE questions.
He did briefly in a phone interview, which likely gave them probably cause to obtain warrants. Never in person though, as he had lawyered up by then.

I get the feeling that something similar happened here.

Why were CBI & FBI brought in so quickly?
Many posts asked about ^ . I have
no basis for wondering if SM & BM were living in separate homes. I recall in other cases, when one of a married couple living in separate homes has gone missing, that 'living separately' stoked LE's investigation. If, a big IF, that was true, it would tend to support local LE's seeking assistance from state & federal agencies.
I doubt if WS ToS allow any further discussion. Just my 2 cts.

Last edited:
Except that at no time has LE indicated that he is no longer cooperating, including last week when the CBI indicated the family was cooperating.

As you note though, cooperating can and often does backfire for defendants.

Yet in this case we have no defendants or even a named suspect or POI.

According to CBI last week we have a missing person case and a family that is cooperating. I can only take LE at face value here and treat the family as victims of a horrible tragedy...IMO.

At no time did they indicate PF was not cooperating either.

@dkryder :) sbm Thanks for sending a request to the organizer. I've only read a few G-.F---d.M-. campaigns, so I'm curious:
Has anyone ever seen an organizer's accounting of expenditures, posted on a G..F...d.M.. page or soc media?

I just started a 'Crowdfunding: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly?' thread in Private Forums as it seems extended discussion about this is O/T in this thread. TiA.
May or may not answer your question. When contributing to a you can ask to be updated via Email. I imagine some people update more extensively than others. I gave to a awhile back...got a lovely personal unexpected email back a few weeks later. The cause was legit, I knew the extended family but the family members in need, didn't know me.

Interesting. I wonder what he said to them when he approached them. They know who he is. Where was he when SM disappeared? How far away from her location are the areas where he was approaching people?

While you have a point, I think in this case it's more a matter of wanting to have seen BM engaging in and being vocal in conjunction with LE in finding his wife. He put the 'abduction' scenario in the forefront so it only follows that pleas for the public's assistance would follow along with a description of what she was wearing, if he did in fact see her on Sun morning.
I, personally, don't need the details from LE but if you're (he's) going to set the stage for an abduction (not saying he did, definitively) then you need to play the part, especially if you give some details without addressing the exact time you last saw your wife, where you were and any kind of timeline etc.
In other words, shut up or put up. That's what I would expect from a grief-stricken, worried husband.

BBM

IMO:

I realize that's what many people want. Personally I don't need any of that because it's not what I focus on and the PR game is just a game, in the end.

The real deal is what's going on behind the scenes, the evidence, the investigation, the testing, etc, etc. That's where rubber meets the road (for me). It doesn't hurt my feelings if BM thinks one way or the other way or cares about his wife or doesn't care about his wife. He has nothing to prove to me (or the public at large), but if he is culpable in his wife's disappearance, his actions will probably (hopefully) be determined by LE and he'll have a world of hurt coming as the resources of the CO legal system will envelope him.

/IMO

Interesting. I wonder what he said to them when he approached them. They know who he is. Where was he when SM disappeared? How far away from her location are the areas where he was approaching people?

I really can't answer as to what this guy said, or if the police have had any follow-up with the dude. But I can say that the areas he seemed to be prowling are around Littleton, CO, which is just the southern edge of Denver. (Columbine High :() 2.5 hrs or so.

ETA: This guy sure has the cliché vehicle, a "rape van"

Murder for Hire or a accomplice - to bolster the alibi?
Wouldn't a pro be a safer bet than girlfriend , lover, or co worker?
( Even some non-pro stranger could be commissioned to hold electronics and lend a car. )
Why did I bring possibility up? No Reward for general info on disappearance fits this but why no reward- no money? IMO

Last edited:

Excellent question. 2 hours and 20 minutes by the shortest route, 3 hours via Leadville (if cruising to find recreational bikers on the weekend, the perp might have gone up around Breckenridge and Leadville). (That's from the Deer Creek area mentioned in the article).

There are at least 2 men doing this (I believe one has been arrested), but if memory serves, there's also someone else putting nails into boards and booby-trapping bike trails between Colorado Springs and Salida.

By that I mean "attacking bikers." I'm pretty sure they caught the guy who shot the biker a couple of years ago. Maybe more recent, can't recall.

The guy in Crete attacked a woman bicyclist. My college roommate was attacked by a crazy man on campus (not a student), that same man attacked several other women on bikes, and also body-slammed women in the quad (including me, I think he recognized me as the person who turned him in for assaulting a woman in a restroom in the library). He may also have been responsible for attacking women joggers.

At no time did they indicate PF was not cooperating either.

Right.

This is LE's standard line.
Nobody's a suspect, and everybody's cooperating.

Right up until the moment when the nobody who was never a suspect cooperatively puts his/her hands behind their back so that LE can slap the steel bracelets on them.

JMO.

Last edited:
I can understand dates being relevant to a timeline if we knew something was found there, but it is my understanding that nothing was found in relation to Suzanne's disappearance.

Colorado mom's disappearance on Mother's Day still a mystery

The sheriff's office says while they searched multiple locations on the property, they did not make any connection to Morphew's case. They also did not release details about the search.

The actual words that LE said were "no connection at this time." Let's say they found something but it needed forensic testing (perhaps extensive) to confirm the connection.

That would mean they have nothing at this time. LE did not say "nothing was found in relation to Suzanne's disappearance." There was no period at the end of the statement.

In fact, the addition of the "at this time" clause makes me think they found something but need more study to figure out its relationship (if any) to the case. A tooth would be a perfect example.

I agree it's unlikely they found anything, but as the Frazee case shows, it's still possible.

That’s what people said about Chris Watts.

Also, assuming none of us know BM, how do we know what kind of person he is?

Perfect timing! I am just watching police bodycam video of the day SW's best friend and brilliant woman NicAtk reported her missing. LE, Shanann's friend, the neighbor are all in the house now. (Man, I'd bet CW was laying bricks to come home and find out she'd called police before he was completely prepared! I wonder how long he would have let them be missing before he made the report.)

As CW leaves the room for something, a neighbor says "something's not right. He (cw) is not acting right." "He doesn't look worried; he looks like he's trying to cover his tracks." at the 5:05 mark in part 1 of a video.

For those who don't know me in real life (haha) I swear like a sailor and by "laying" bricks, I mean what you think I mean and wish I could say here.

@dkryder :) sbm Thanks for sending a request to the organizer. I've only read a few G-.F---d.M-. campaigns, so I'm curious:

I've never seen an accounting but I've also never asked for one either.
G** gets a bad rap in situations like we are dealing with but for the most part the site is filled with human tragedy that is hard to just pass up. Too many people in this world need help and it's an easy way to do so. ( It's not a good look for this family to be on it IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader