Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick me off here, but we have no evidence LE believes she went missing, before MD. Only a “just in case,”save your footage from 8-10. BMs work ended, before the 8th, to allow for the slab work to continue. ASSUME the general “just in case”to the 8th indicates.
Aha! Evidence she was alive, to document her in public, with or without BM on the 8th?(7th)hmmmIt is the timeline.
I believe you are using timeline to exclude BM, because there is evidence SM was alive after BM completed his dirt work, because the prep work in order to have this done occurred required several days work. I believe the px of SM, will have at least one from the two days prior to MD.
I have my own personal concrete work that has already convinced me, the search into slab was not intended to research BM.

I trust that the person interviewed wasn’t homeowner.
Therefore that person would not have capacity to tell LE to rip up concrete. AFAIK, this person is only person who “saw” BM at the site. If BM provided documentation of being in Denver, he HAS been cleared. hmmm

I posted threads ago, the homeowner (not interviewed person)wanted the building process to move forward. The homeowner pushed for slab to be cleared, not LE.

Therefore, every bit of guilt piled onto BM was faulty foundation work, pardon MY pun!

Who is the person who saw BM on site? poor memory, or mastermind?
Clear as muddy water, research while mud settles.

The simplest answer would be documentation of her being in an area, she may have crossed paths w/ someone else, other than BM. According to timeline, it’s possible BM WAS cleared early on. IMO this is a complicated case. BM is the simplest answer.
I am having a terrible time following your post. Are you laying blame at the home owner for SM?

Here’s the text of the update:

TODAY
by Trevor Noel, Organizer

The extended Morphew Family would like to offer our most sincere and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has contributed to our efforts in finding Suzanne. Whether donating financially, hiking the mountains, hanging posters, canvassing, preparing and delivering food for volunteers and so much more-- please know that your thoughtfulness and compassion are so appreciated and that it has sustained the family throughout the difficulty of the search. The care and love that friends and family near and far have shown towards Suzanne's family during this incredibly tough time has been overwhelming and is deeply appreciated.
Suzanne is still missing and the search goes on. Please continue to pray with us as we hold out hope for her safe return.
Mallory Morphew has been designated as the beneficiary of this campaign and will be tracking and distributing the funds directly towards:
-Expenses related to search efforts (fuel, equipment, gear, food, etc.)
-Supporting the well-being of Suzanne's family
-Food for family and volunteers
-Housing accommodations for family/search volunteers
-Compensating family and volunteers for their time spent away from work and with the Morphew family
Again, your support is truly appreciated. Thank you!

If it was people who cared for and loved Suzanne why are the posters in Salida saying she was missing from Maysfield?

<modsnip: Removed snarky comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't answer my question.
:0)
No, I didn't fully answer your question. This discussion seems to be going well, and my full answer might be distracting from the topic.
I will say that one of the first things that LE commonly do in situations that involve the possibility of an attractive woman being taken against her will is to contact the known sexual and violent offenders in the area to get them cleared. If one of them has gone missing, I would guess that would be a lead to follow up on.........just like a lead about a construction site burial of some sort. I'm not going to read between the lines of LE's absence of information on this topic. For all I know, it could be a top priority. Or not. IMO

Is it possible some of the searches, such as the building site, are to investigate theories proposed by BM? Do they need to check out all his theories in case he becomes the suspect, so he can’t later claim they didn’t explore other possibilities? I imagine they also have to examine all his business contacts and anyone BM and SM were in contact with over the time period in question. Any of those folks could then suddenly think of something suspicious that would have to be looked into further. It seems similar to the Berreth and Dulos cases where they had enough info early on to believe the person was deceased, and focus turned to investigation instead of searching for missing person.

If it was people who cared for and loved Suzanne why are the posters in Salida saying she was missing from Maysfield?

<modsnip: Removed snarky comment>

Family from out of town made them, maybe?

It’s a mistake I would make, especially if stressed and exhausted.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s Trevor as spokesman or it’s nobody at all. If Trevor was unable or unwilling to take on the role, for whatever reason, it would’ve been easy for BM to hire a PR person or an attorney spokesperson for the family. I wonder why they didn’t?
I'm fairly new here but wanted to weigh in on this. Very close friends of mine experienced a situation similar to this several years ago. A loved one disappeared virtually into thin air. For the first six months the family was in such trauma that they were not capable of comprehending or caring about public perception. Their focus was completely on finding their missing relative. The case was similar to this one in that very little information was shared and it did not get much attention outside of the immediate area. And like this case, my friend's family was never named as POI or cleared publicly but they maintained a very cooperative and collaborative relationship with law enforcement that was not disclosed or obvious to the public.

They did not engage with the media, did not hire a spokesperson, would have never considered hiring someone to do PR for them. They just focused on what mattered to them- finding their loved one. There was a lot of suspicion and criticism because they did not toss crumbs out to the circling sharks, but they did not care because addressing that negativity took energy away from their primary concern. Perhaps Suzanne's family feels the same way?

I am having a terrible time following your post. Are you laying blame at the home owner for SM?
Absolutely not! If I were building an expensive home, I would want proof clearing my slab, so that I could continue my construction. The tip claimed BM was on site((Sunday)If he has given evidence of in fact being in Denver, then the tipster May simply be mistaken.
homeowner wants slab cleared.
Homeowner is simply an innocent bystander. IMO

Absolutely not! If I were building an expensive home, I would want proof clearing my slab, so that I could continue my construction. The tip claimed BM was on site((Sunday)If he has given evidence of in fact being in Denver, then the tipster May simply be mistaken.
homeowner wants slab cleared.
Homeowner is simply an innocent bystander. IMO

BBM

Do you have a link for that? I hadn’t heard that a tip said BM was on the Salida site on 5/10.

MassGuy, I am slowly making my way towards your level of confidence regarding Barry.

Digging at Barry's old work site eludes to a timeline that has serious implications for Barry, besides the obvious.

Have we considered the possibility that

(1) the dig at the job site produced nothing since it was released and construction has continued and may have been conducted just to remove doubt about the husband's involvement

(2) that search may have been conducted because a business associate or employee of the husband's may be a suspect

Thread closed.

Check back later.

Can you elaborate on being ''staged''? I am still not sure what everybody means by that.

Finding a bike discarded doesn't mean it immediately is the result of someone staging it. She could have placed it out of sight because it malfunctioned after she crashed it.

I am also still thinking (as an possible scenario) someone hit her with an atv, but then the personal item(s) would be closer to each other and closer to the location of the bike.

Is this officially a homecide investigation now? Or did I miss that, sorry if I did.
If they believed she crashed her bike, then there would be no reason to bring in the CBI and FBI, for CSI to search the house, or for that construction site BM worked on to be excavated.

By “staged,”I mean planted in order to make it appear that she went on a bike ride, and something happened to her (very likely an abduction).

Officially, it is a “missing persons investigation.” In reality, it looks to me like a homicide investigation with a prime suspect.

Thread is open again.

In the meantime, maybe I'm missing something. Why this extensive talk of the concrete pad when it appears nothing was found there?

Nope, you haven't missed anything. :). Nothing new to talk about, so we're fixating on the cement pad for now. The timing of the project and BM's part. The prep work has lots of work involved and inspections and is only the first layer of preparation before the concrete is poured. Dave F posted some fabulous info about it because it's not a simple Dump the dirt and Level it. All the steps take time and if BM had buried something there, when could it have been done because of the steps between dirt dumping, inspections and other steps before the pour.

The talk about the pad seemed to focus on the timeline. Much was mentioned about relying on the signed permits as proof of when inspection took place. I add this as a licensed plumb--permit documents and inspector statements and are not gospel. I almost applied for a inspector Job once but when told 30 inspections a day required-- add small towns have part time inspectors and u get my point. Good ole boys indeed. Add the fact I seen cement poured before dirt laborers were done due to end of day miller time and inspections done from their car are common along with the "envelope" exchange. Think a inspector would admit to that and fess up after investigation started if true?

I’m hoping for an arrest tomorrow, Father’s Day. Yes, I’m petty like that.
@swedeheart You and me both! Oh, wait--today's Friday in the USA. We want him arrested on Father's Day--Sunday. But, what the heck, if they can arrest him sooner since they have plenty of evidence, then why not tomorrow? I'm petty like that.;)

I’m hoping for an arrest tomorrow, Father’s Day. Yes, I’m petty like that.
IMO

That would be ironic, wouldn't it? Although for the daughters' sake I'm hoping nothing more will hurt them since their mom going missing is one of the worst things that could ever occur. By the way, Father's Day is on Sunday Feb 21st.

/IMO

LE said they found nothing connected to Suzanne or the case at this time.

LE searched Frazee's firepit months before it was revealed (at trial) that they'd recovered a partial tooth, which would prove to be human, consistent with but not definitively matched to the murder victim. It was enough to convict Frazee. LWOP plus 156 years plus 5 years probation.

Testing takes time.

We may not hear until a trial if at some time LE makes a solid connection between material collected and this beloved missing person.

I certainly haven't ruled it out.

JMO

I'm fairly new here but wanted to weigh in on this. Very close friends of mine experienced a situation similar to this several years ago. A loved one disappeared virtually into thin air. For the first six months the family was in such trauma that they were not capable of comprehending or caring about public perception. Their focus was completely on finding their missing relative. The case was similar to this one in that very little information was shared and it did not get much attention outside of the immediate area. And like this case, my friend's family was never named as POI or cleared publicly but they maintained a very cooperative and collaborative relationship with law enforcement that was not disclosed or obvious to the public.

They did not engage with the media, did not hire a spokesperson, would have never considered hiring someone to do PR for them. They just focused on what mattered to them- finding their loved one. There was a lot of suspicion and criticism because they did not toss crumbs out to the circling sharks, but they did not care because addressing that negativity took energy away from their primary concern. Perhaps Suzanne's family feels the same way?
Nah, not for me thanks. If I were to go missing, possibly due to an abduction, I’d want my family to be focused on doing everything within their power to find me. Doing everything might include, but not necessarily be limited to: press conferences in conjunction with LE, public appeals, releasing information about last known sighting, more complete descriptors, etc.

Not sure that the insular, silent, passive method is effective in finding missing persons. People pay more attention to family pleas.

Different strokes for different folks.

<modsnip: Duplicate quote was removed>

I can understand dates being relevant to a timeline if we knew something was found there, but it is my understanding that nothing was found in relation to Suzanne's disappearance.

Colorado mom's disappearance on Mother's Day still a mystery

The sheriff's office says while they searched multiple locations on the property, they did not make any connection to Morphew's case. They also did not release details about the search.

I'm fairly new here but wanted to weigh in on this. Very close friends of mine experienced a situation similar to this several years ago. A loved one disappeared virtually into thin air. For the first six months the family was in such trauma that they were not capable of comprehending or caring about public perception. Their focus was completely on finding their missing relative.

How awful! Did your friends' case ever get resolved?

IMO

I agree there are people who are private and would not engage with the media or want anything to do with the media or assuaging the public even if others think they should or even if the public might condemn them for not doing so. (My family is one example).

LE needs info, needs people in the vicinity to have saved any video footage between May 8 and May 12, and needs any sightings of SM to be reported.

Other than that is curiosity by people not part of the case who want to know all the details, but don't have any info specific to the case.

/IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member