Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes..........it is possible that LE was looking directly at BLM in the search, but it highly probable were looking at a suspicious activity that is more likely to have been someone else. IMO
MOO, because, I highly doubt they were looking at suspicious activity of someone else.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your timeline.

I’m just not understanding how it excludes BM.

Even if he is the dirt mover, and not the dirt compactor, it seems probable that they’d be present and working together on the same day, IMO.

Speculating—if a destroyed object was in the dirt, it could’ve been small bits added in the truck and dumped in. It’s not necessarily the case that someone had the control of site needed to physically bury an object.

MOO
You make a good point. What we can safely surmise, is that LE was made aware of something highly suspicious. It will be so satisfying when the AA is released. Moo

Yes..........it is possible that LE was looking directly at BLM in the search, but it highly probable were looking at a suspicious activity that is more likely to have been someone else. On fact that I might add is that pouring a construction pad over two feet of loose fill is extremely rare......requiring highly trained workmen and extensive engineering reports prior to inspection/pour. As I stated, that rarity would not have been anything connected with his normal work as a landscaper. IMO
Who then are you looking suspiciously at? I might regret that I asked. lol!

Last edited:
I agree with your timeline.

I’m just not understanding how it excludes BM.

Even if he is the dirt mover, and not the dirt compactor, it seems probable that they’d be present and working together on the same day, IMO.

Speculating—if a destroyed object was in the dirt, it could’ve been small bits added in the truck and dumped in. It’s not necessarily the case that someone had the control of site needed to physically bury an object.

MOO

It is next to impossible to believe that the myriad of people working on laying the pad insulation, doing the plumbing and doing the final leveling and checking of the forms would allow someone to be doing earthwork or landscaping work, raising dust and creating vibration. It would be very distracting, and possibly a threat to the work itself. It is far more likely that some one, or some people, witnessed a worker with a shovel at the site on Sunday, and saw some activity involving that worker and that shovel that was suspicious. IMO

Kick me off here, but we have no evidence LE believes she went missing, before MD. Only a “just in case,”save your footage from 8-10. BMs work ended, before the 8th, to allow for the slab work to continue. ASSUME the general “just in case”to the 8th indicates.
Aha! Evidence she was alive, to document her in public, with or without BM on the 8th?(7th)hmmmIt is the timeline.
I believe you are using timeline to exclude BM, because there is evidence SM was alive after BM completed his dirt work, because the prep work in order to have this done occurred required several days work. I believe the px of SM, will have at least one from the two days prior to MD.
I have my own personal concrete work that has already convinced me, the search into slab was not intended to research BM.

I trust that the person interviewed wasn’t homeowner.
Therefore that person would not have capacity to tell LE to rip up concrete. AFAIK, this person is only person who “saw” BM at the site. If BM provided documentation of being in Denver, he HAS been cleared. hmmm

I posted threads ago, the homeowner (not interviewed person)wanted the building process to move forward. The homeowner pushed for slab to be cleared, not LE.

Therefore, every bit of guilt piled onto BM was faulty foundation work, pardon MY pun!

Who is the person who saw BM on site? poor memory, or mastermind?
Clear as muddy water, research while mud settles.

There are long term liability issues involved, hence the reason most qualified foundation site preparers insist on inspection. I thoroughly disagree that it is not rocket science. Do you think that NASA called any old landscaper that they found in the Yellow Pages to prepare sites for the poured concrete pads for rocket launches? IMO

It may not be that just any old landscaper can do this work, but it's possible that some do. Some are very limited in their scope of work, others have varied talent expertise experience and willingness to work.

Some questions I have though: would it be usual for a single person to do all that work by himself? Can a single person do the grading and compaction himself? I'm guessing that professionally, it's not a usually a one-man job and if not working alone it's even less of an opportunity to bury something that's not supposed to be there.

Kick me off here, but we have no evidence LE believes she went missing, before MD. Only a “just in case,”save your footage from 8-10. BMs work ended, before the 8th, to allow for the slab work to continue. ASSUME the general “just in case”to the 8th indicates.
Aha! Evidence she was alive, to document her in public, with or without BM on the 8th?(7th)hmmmIt is the timeline.
I believe you are using timeline to exclude BM, because there is evidence SM was alive after BM completed his dirt work, because the prep work in order to have this done occurred required several days work. I believe the px of SM, will have at least one from the two days prior to MD.
I have my own personal concrete work that has already convinced me, the search into slab was not intended to research BM.

Therefore that person would not have capacity to tell LE to rip up concrete. AFAIK, this person is only person who “saw” BM at the site. If BM provided documentation of being in Denver, he HAS been cleared. hmmm

I posted threads ago, the homeowner (not interviewed person)wanted the building process to move forward. The homeowner pushed for slab to be cleared, not LE.

Therefore, every bit of guilt piled onto BM was faulty foundation work, pardon MY pun!

BBM

We do have the Lauren Scharf interview with DWAP. At minute 10 or so, she details questions and answers from LE. She was told that LE is seeking tips surrounding the last time SM was seen or spoken to.

If she went missing on Mother’s Day, why would they be seeking that info?

MOO

It is next to impossible to believe that the myriad of people working on laying the pad insulation, doing the plumbing and doing the final leveling and checking of the forms would allow someone to be doing earthwork or landscaping work, raising dust and creating vibration. It would be very distracting, and possibly a threat to the work itself. It is far more likely that some one, or some people, witnessed a worker with a shovel at the site on Sunday, and saw some activity involving that worker and that shovel that was suspicious. IMO

2 separate points:

Isn’t compaction sometimes done in layers? That might require a dirt mover and compactor to work in tandem.

More importantly, I’m speculating that, if destroyed evidence was put in that dirt, it was put in the dirt before arriving on site. LE may have reason to believe the truck carried the evidence in the dirt.

MOO

I understand the point about the type of work.

What I don’t understand is, how do we know what kind business BM has, and that he doesn’t do this type of work.

The homeowner said he was there, laying dirt. I don’t think he was designing gardens and water features on a construction site. What else would he have been doing?

MOO
Excellent post!!

What if LE thought that bike ride was an invented narrative put forth by BM and the bike itself was placed at the side of the road by BM? Might LE abstain from making any comments on the bike as a way to delegitimize BM’s bike claims? As in, the bike thing isn’t authentic and therefore LE’s refusal to recognize its validity.
I'm sorry, I badly misread your comment!

You make a good point. What we can safely surmise, is that LE was made aware of something highly suspicious. It will be so satisfying when the AA is released. Moo

And the search could have had nothing to do with SM at all. It's natural to assume it because that's what we're focused on at the moment, but ohmygosh what if it is something completely unrelated? :thinking:

Like its possible that BM swung by there on his way out of town? It makes me crazy wondering what someone would think needed to be hidden under a foundation as opposed to just tossing it out of the truck window miles away from home? Moo

And the search could have had nothing to do with SM at all. It's natural to assume it because that's what we're focused on at the moment, but ohmygosh what if it is something completely unrelated? :thinking:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the search was based on leads related to the SM case.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

For that matter, we don't know his movements on Mother's Day either, do we? He could have swung by there on his way out of town. Moo

Exactly...LE could have been led there by his vehicle GPS data. Just his GPS showing him being there at that job site early Sunday morning probably wouldn't qualify as cause for a SW. BUT if he never told LE he was there on Sunday...I could see suspicion and the need for a concrete "scan". Irregularities in the scan could have led to the SW. IMO

BBM

We do have the Lauren Scharf interview with DWAP. At minute 10 or so, she details questions and answers from LE. She was told that LE is seeking tips surrounding the last time SM was seen or spoken to.

MOO

BBM

MOO
BBM

MOO
The simplest answer would be documentation of her being in an area, she may have crossed paths w/ someone else, other than BM. According to timeline, it’s possible BM WAS cleared early on. IMO this is a complicated case. BM is the simplest answer.

Exactly...LE could have been led there by his vehicle GPS data. Just his GPS showing him being there at that job site early Sunday morning probably wouldn't qualify as cause for a SW. BUT if he never told LE he was there on Sunday...I could see suspicion and the need for a concrete "scan". Irregularities in the scan could have led to the SW. IMO
Following this line of thought, he could have swung by there for an innocuous reason, like he had left a piece of equipment there? But that side stop still would have looked suspicious, and might need to be checked out. Moo

The simplest answer would be documentation of her being in an area, she may have crossed paths w/ someone else, other than BM. According to timeline, it’s possible BM WAS cleared early on. IMO this is a complicated case. BM is the simplest answer.

RSBM

I think the simplest answer is that she was reported missing on 5/10, but it quickly became apparent that no one (other than BM) reported seeing her or talking to her since the 8th (given the police timeline for saving security tapes).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members