Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you recall famed idiot Patrick Frazee, law enforcement also described him as “cooperative.”

He of course lied his *advertiser censored* off, and then lawyered up, and shut up. At the time, they knew he was lying, but that didn’t stop them from describing him that way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something similar occurred here, and BM willingly turned over his phone, DNA, fingerprints, and vehicle.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he was no longer answering questions, likely on the advise of counsel.

Things seemed to be trending that way when the sheriff threw in the line about hoping that he would continue to cooperate.

Last night there was a NEW program for the Frazee case. On it, they went into that when her mom did the shout out with LE for the presser, (where all of us then here at WS went wild that Patrick wasn't on the dais with her) she pretty much knew it wasn't a missing persons case as she had known about the blood etc. Yet in the presser, she said nothing about such suspicions that they had at the time.

Blessing to her still... and Kelsey's baby girl.

Yeah, it's hinkey meter at full tilt on this one also.

Do you have a MSM source stating that the concrete or dirt were known to be poured before Mother’s Day? I haven’t seen that anywhere, yet you’ve made several posts in a row stating it as if it’s a known fact. IMO.
....if the cement was poured before mothers day also, you have a unrelated source in the cement guy, that can confirm a point in time. From there, we can deduce LE concedes she was gone before then re: the digging ????

IMO

LOL! Much coffee or tea is needed in the morning. Good thing the professionals like the CO investigators, with assistance as needed from esteemed agencies like the CBI, CSI team(s), FBI and others are diligently working the case and, if their record holds, they will solve this case.
oglvvd.gif

/IMO
Madeleine74, this is my first adventure, and to be honest, also my last. This case has made me feel anxiety, hurt, scared, fricken everything. I wish I had confidence in the authorities like you do.

In digging up the work site that Barry was on some time prior to mothers day, you should be able to surmise :

LE cannot confirm any contact w/ Suzanne after Barry was done dirt work on the cement site.

This is prior to mothers day.

The cement pour day only matters if it was pre-mothers day.
How do you know when BM did the dirt work? Moo

Fireflize, I don't. But if you conceed Barry would not have went to work after his wife went missing, we can assume he finished the dirt prep work for the cement foundation pour BEFORE mothers day ????

Madeleine74, this is my first adventure, and to be honest, also my last. This case has made me feel anxiety, hurt, scared, fricken everything. I wish I had confidence in the authorities like you do.

IMO:

@Jimbythelake, I'm so sorry your emotional well-being is being impacted. That's never a good thing, and it's vital to take care of yourself first and foremost. Following true crime cases is not for everyone, that's for sure.

Confidence has come from following criminal cases and watching what happens, how cases are resolved, learning a lot, as well as talking to a few detectives, attorneys, and some assistant DAs when the opportunity has arisen.

/IMO

Last edited:
Convict Frazee was able to delay alarms sounding by manipulating KB's cell phone...

Timeline will be everything in this case.

JMO
ITA - and Sunday will be 6 weeks since she was reported missing....and we really don't know much at all. Not even when she was last seen or heard from which is very unusual for this information not to be released yet iMO. This tells me LE knows exactly what went on. Friday is always a good day for an arrest.
JMO
Timeline
6/10 - press release
Suzanne Morphew update June 10 - Chaffee County Sheriff

6/1 - BM files incapacity proceedings in IN probate court seeking guardianship of SM - petition to sell property included - Temporary Letters issued naming BM Guardian and Order entered to sell property 6/5

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

5/29 - SM hometown shows support
Missing woman's hometown shows support

5/28 - SM family told not to comment per Lauren Scharf

5/27 - Crimeonline reports "angst" at move
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

5/26 - family private reward increased by $10K to $210,000
https://heartoftherockiesradio.com/reward-increased-to-210000-for-information-leading-to-suzanne-morphew/

5/25 - Crimeonline reports on email message to IN church from "family"
‘They can’t find her’: Message to church group shows desperate plea in early days of search for missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew [REPORT]

5/24 - CCSO search of private property completed. CCSO believes someone has a "key piece of information"
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/24 - fundraising page lists BM's mother as beneficiary
‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

5/23- CCSO no new updates
Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/22 - residential private property searched -owner cooperating reported as a job site for BM. CCSO confirm nothing found related to SM
May 22 Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/21 - nobody actually saw her on a bike
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

5/20 - Local fire dept excluded from search per Chief interview
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/20-Dailymail breaks story with pics of family home search and items removed - search warrant sealed
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

5/19- family home searched (corrected to cordoned off)
BREAKING: Police prohibit Suzanne Morphew’s family members from entering home

5/18- NAMUS file created
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12

May 18 Press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

5/15 - personal item located per sheriff (not identified) highway closed for LE search, family says that the personal item is not the bike, TN gives interview
HWY 50 Temporary Closure for Search for missing woman - Chaffee County Sheriff
Item or Items?
YouTube

5/14-Reward doubled to 200K (friend)
TN tells reporter bike has been found
Sheriff Spezze said they had found a few more item(s) the previous day 5/14.

Searching For Suzanne Morphew: Reward For Information Doubled To $200,000

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

5/13 - Sheriff - open criminal investigation, probability of animal attack not very high
no comment, FBI and CBI joined in search

5/13 - 100K reward announced, FB set up by TN, fundraising set up for private searching by TN
Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

Find Suzanne Morphew

https://www.********.com/f/suzanne-morphew

5/12- search continues - no volunteers requested
YouTube

5/11 - search resumed early morning hours - cell phone? Sheriff replied no comment
News conference: Chaffee County Sheriff provides update on missing Maysville woman

5/10 -911 called (neighbor) after getting a call that SM did not come back from the bike ride. LE arrives to search
MISSING: Colorado woman vanishes after going for a bike ride
———-
Looking for
5/14. When Colorado Channel 2 reporter asked Mr. Morphew if he’s interested in making a public plea, Mr. Morphew said “at this point it’s simply too soon”.
(Need channel 2 video)
And SM’s brother comment - this is not going to end well - link to msm
Thanks

How do we know that if we don’t know when it was poured? We don’t know when the dirt was poured either.

We actually do know exactly when the main concrete slab (that was cut by LE) was poured. The inspection record shows that last items to be inspected before a slab pour of that type........the "Insulation Under Slab" and "Plumbing - In Floor Tube" passed on Monday May 11, 2020. This would be the morning after Suzanne's disappearance. Normally there are two to four days after inspection after a pour, to ensure that there were no post-inspection changes and that everything went well and the dry, finished slab will conform to code. The same inspector did return on Thursday May 14, 2020 and noted some sort of failure in the forming of a future footings pour......."Caissons/Piers". This is usually something that was already set, but got messed up by the work activity of the Monday pour, like a collapsed trench wall. Whatever it was, the timing of the inspection strongly indicates that the concrete pour was begun on Monday. There is a lot of concrete there, requiring the loads of several concrete trucks. It's quite possible that the pour spanned over into Tuesday morning. A different inspector returned on May 15th to pass on the remediation of that Caissons/Piers problem, but there was not a subsequent post-pour inspection, which might indicate that the work had been suspended at that time.
The ground penetrating radar that LE used to narrow their search is only useful to a soil depth of 2 feet below concrete but will detect both objects and voids. The Channel 9 News video taken after the search clearly shows the hole cut by LE, and shows that the LE excavation was at least two feet deep. There is only one conclusion possible, which is that they were looking for something that was buried BEFORE the insulation and plumbing that was inspected on Monday May 11th were installed. This does not match the timeline of SM's disappearance.
My personal opinion is that the timing of the work immediately prior to the pour and the depth of the pour tend to indicate that LE was looking for something that BLM could not have done in the routine course of his landscaping trade. My guess is that LE initiated the search on solid information from an informant (or informants) in a position to know, and may well have been been an observation of the suspicious activities of someone other than BLM. The decision to search the site may have come as early as five days after the report of her disappearance, and if so, probably had no direct connection to discovery the other searches.
Like everything connected with this case, what we don't know greatly exceeds what we do know. IMO

Building Department Permit Detail

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-19 Building Department Permit Detail.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-19 Building Department Permit Detail.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2020-06-18 Search for missing Chaffee County woman focuses.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-18 Search for missing Chaffee County woman focuses.png
    500.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
We actually do know exactly when the main concrete slab (that was cut by LE) was poured. The inspection record shows that last items to be inspected before a slab pour of that type........the "Insulation Under Slab" and "Plumbing - In Floor Tube" passed on Monday May 11, 2020. This would be the morning after Suzanne's disappearance. Normally there are two to four days after inspection after a pour, to ensure that there were no post-inspection changes and that everything went well and the dry, finished slab will conform to code. The same inspector did return on Thursday May 14, 2020 and noted some sort of failure in the forming of a future footings pour......."Caissons/Piers". This is usually something that was already set, but got messed up by the work activity of the Monday pour, like a collapsed trench wall. Whatever it was, the timing of the inspection strongly indicates that the concrete pour was begun on Monday. There is a lot of concrete there, requiring the loads of several concrete trucks. It's quite possible that the pour spanned over into Tuesday morning. A different inspector returned on May 15th to pass on the remediation of that Caissons/Piers problem, but there was not a subsequent post-pour inspection, which might indicate that the work had been suspended at that time.
The ground penetrating radar that LE used to narrow their search is only useful to a soil depth of 2 feet below concrete but will detect both objects and voids. The Channel 9 News video taken after the search clearly shows the hole cut by LE, and shows that the LE excavation was at least two feet deep. There is only one conclusion possible, which is that they were looking for something that was buried BEFORE the insulation and plumbing that was inspected on Monday May 11th were installed. This does not match the timeline of SM's disappearance.
My personal opinion is that the timing of the work immediately prior to the pour and the depth of the pour tend to indicate that LE was looking for something that BLM could not have done in the routine course of his landscaping trade. My guess is that LE initiated the search on solid information from an informant (or informants) in a position to know, and may well have been been an observation of the suspicious activities of someone other than BLM. The decision to search the site may have come as early as five days after the report of her disappearance, and if so, probably had no direct connection to discovery the other searches.
Like everything connected with this case, what we don't know greatly exceeds what we do know. IMO

BBM

Doesn’t match the timeline of her reported disappearance. Meaning, she was first reported missing on 5/10.

But what if she was actually missing before 5/10? Doesn’t that make it possible that LE was looking for something BM out there?

Or am I misunderstanding your construction details, or other points?

MOO

I hear you! It’s tough to have confidence in the authorities when you have no idea what they’re doing or even their theories or what evidence they’ve collected.

What I tend to think about with this particular LE is their job performance over a long period of time. Historically, they have shown themselves to be professional, effective and skilled at investigation. At the same time, there have been no allegations of corruption or incompetence. Hopefully, this is a balm for your psyche.

BBM

Doesn’t match the timeline of her reported disappearance. Meaning, she was first reported missing on 5/10.

But what if she was actually missing before 5/10? Doesn’t that make it possible that LE was looking for something BM out there?

MOO

If the site was ready for the concrete on May 11th per the inspection reports found by Dave. F, there would likely be a few days of work to get the site ready. The soil brought to the site would have to be placed and compacted to the right density, and after that the insulation and other items to be embedded in the slab would be installed. This points to earthwork on site before May 10th.

BBM

MOO
Yes..........it is possible that LE was looking directly at BLM in the search, but it highly probable were looking at a suspicious activity that is more likely to have been someone else. On fact that I might add is that pouring a construction pad over two feet of loose fill is extremely rare......requiring highly trained workmen and extensive engineering reports prior to inspection/pour. As I stated, that rarity would not have been anything connected with his normal work as a landscaper. IMO

If the site was ready for the concrete on May 11th per the inspection reports found by Dave. F, there would likely be a few days of work to get the site ready. The soil brought to the site would have to be placed and compacted to the right density, and after that the insulation and other items to be embedded in the slab would be installed. This points to earthwork on site before May 10th.
Exactly, and if it was fill under slab, it is highly unlikely that a landscaper would be qualified to do the work. Note also that LE has established a time frame window back to only Friday May 8th, in their request for people to save their security video. IMO

Yes..........it is possible that LE was looking directly at BLM in the search, but it highly probable were looking at a suspicious activity that is more likely to have been someone else. On fact that I might add is that pouring a construction pad over two feet of loose fill is extremely rare......requiring highly trained workmen and extensive engineering reports prior to inspection/pour. As I stated, that rarity would not have been anything connected with his normal work as a landscaper. IMO

What do you mean by “his normal work as a landscaper”?

What kind of professional would typically move the dirt for that job?

MOO

Thanks for this detail and post. Not exactly sure why you feel looking for something BLM could not have done in the routine course of his landscaping trade. Based on what you have written its possible BM could have completed his work the week before, say he finished that Friday, May 8th, and was spotted coming back by the job Sunday May 10th. (actually not unusual to take a quick look before a pour), he had to know the pour was scheduled for Monday. Great spot to ditch a phone or apple watch/Fitbit.

@Warwick1991 - Exactly, and if it was fill under slab, it is highly unlikely that a landscaper would be qualified to do the work. There are earth moving contractors who specialize in preparation for footings and/or pads. Those contractors quite often file for their own inspection, and none is shown in the inspection filings. Note also that LE has established a time frame window back to only Friday May 8th, in their request for people to save their security video. IMO

ITA - and Sunday will be 6 weeks since she was reported missing....and we really don't know much at all. Not even when she was last seen or heard from which is very unusual for this information not to be released yet iMO. This tells me LE knows exactly what went on. Friday is always a good day for an arrest.
JMO
bbm
Ita.
The only thing that LE do not have at this time is Suzanne; imo.

Besides some other evidence that could be crucial like her phone or a weapon that was used (if LE found evidence of a crime cleanup).
MOO
So we wait. :(

What do you mean by “his normal work as a landscaper”?

What kind of professional would typically move the dirt for that job?

MOO

To back up Dave F, a landscaper would not normally prepare a job site in this way. A contractor specializing in earthwork and foundations usually does the work. If soil is brought to the site to act as a substrate for a slab, it has to be compacted - made as dense as possible to support the slab. The level of compaction is actually measured to assure that the soil is dense enough to support whatever is placed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicamcolon