TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that what happened on Salt Flat Road has its roots up at the other end of this trip.
What were his grades at the end of this semester?
Was he engaged in his classes or just putting in time?
Who was he hanging around with?
What was he doing in his spare time?
Was he looking ahead to what he was going to do this summer, lining up summer work etc. or classes.
Was he connected to a church and those activities? If not why?
Did his connections with his friends go past setting up game dates?
Would his friend say his use of marijuana was increasing?
Answers to all this and related questions would make a big difference in our interpretation of facts down on Salt Flat Road. MOO MOO MOO MOO

I still think that what happened on Salt Flat Road has its roots up at the other end of this trip.
What were his grades at the end of this semester?
Was he engaged in his classes or just putting in time?
Who was he hanging around with?
What was he doing in his spare time?
Was he looking ahead to what he was going to do this summer, lining up summer work etc. or classes.
Was he connected to a church and those activities? If not why?
Did his connections with his friends go past setting up game dates?
Would his friend say his use of marijuana was increasing?
Answers to all this and related questions would make a big difference in our interpretation of facts down on Salt Flat Road. MOO MOO MOO MOO
I guess I'm not seeing that connection even if he was mentally checked out with school and college wasn't for him. He definitely could've been depressed, anxious, dealing with mental health issues. If he was starting over, joining a cult, or even checking out there'd be more likely ways of going about it. Is that what you're thinking? MOO

I guess I'm not seeing that connection even if he was mentally checked out with school and college wasn't for him. He definitely could've been depressed, anxious, dealing with mental health issues. If he was starting over, joining a cult, or even checking out there'd be more likely ways of going about it. Is that what you're thinking? MOO
In a sense, I guess that is what I am saying but in our minds, there may have been better ways to do something and I wish we knew more about what what going on in his mind and his world in the days and weeks leading up to this trip.

Last edited:
After seeing the YouTube vid of the truck driving all the way down Salt Flat Road and taking note of how dusty that road would be when it's not raining and this area had been in drought conditions I'm wondering why Jason's car is not dirty or dusty at all! The tires only have grass on them and the windows are clean as well. jason landry car tow yard.jpg Pretty sure it hadn't rained from the time the wreck happened and when the pics in the tow yard were taken?? His clothes that were laying in the road were not dusty/dirty either??
Also, in the pic taken by the VFF of Jason's car against the fence to me it looks like there's dust in the air jason landry wreck.png like what happens when you spin out on a gravel/dirt road so my mind goes to: did that just happen when the pic was taken?? Or is it only fog or just the camera?? Note the direction his front right tire is pointed in!

?????

After seeing the YouTube vid of the truck driving all the way down Salt Flat Road and taking note of how dusty that road would be when it's not raining and this area had been in drought conditions I'm wondering why Jason's car is not dirty or dusty at all! The tires only have grass on them and the windows are clean as well. View attachment 285402 Pretty sure it hadn't rained from the time the wreck happened and when the pics in the tow yard were taken?? His clothes that were laying in the road were not dusty/dirty either??
Also, in the pic taken by the VFF of Jason's car against the fence to me it looks like there's dust in the air View attachment 285405 like what happens when you spin out on a gravel/dirt road so my mind goes to: did that just happen when the pic was taken?? Or is it only fog or just the camera?? Note the direction his front right tire is pointed in!

Oops. Still learning.
Did JL exit using the passenger door? I thought I read that it was speculated he crawled out the back window or squeezed out the driver side because the car was up against a fence hence the blood on underwear. It looks like he could've easily exited via the passenger door.

Oops. Still learning.
Did JL exit using the passenger door? I thought I read that it was speculated he crawled out the back window or squeezed out the driver side because the car was up against a fence hence the blood on underwear. It looks like he could've easily exited via the passenger door.
I think the passenger door was locked and driver’s side door was open. Anyone remember for sure?

After seeing the YouTube vid of the truck driving all the way down Salt Flat Road and taking note of how dusty that road would be when it's not raining and this area had been in drought conditions I'm wondering why Jason's car is not dirty or dusty at all! The tires only have grass on them and the windows are clean as well. View attachment 285402 Pretty sure it hadn't rained from the time the wreck happened and when the pics in the tow yard were taken?? His clothes that were laying in the road were not dusty/dirty either??
Also, in the pic taken by the VFF of Jason's car against the fence to me it looks like there's dust in the air View attachment 285405 like what happens when you spin out on a gravel/dirt road so my mind goes to: did that just happen when the pic was taken?? Or is it only fog or just the camera?? Note the direction his front right tire is pointed in!

?????

BBM. I think you're on to something. To me, the "fog" is all pretty low to the ground (spun up dust). Also, the tree on the very right is behind the car, yet I can see it clearly so my mind doesn't go to fog.

Oops. Still learning.

The passenger door was locked, the drivers door was unlocked. At least that's how his father found the car. Unsure if it was the same when LE found it though. ;)

Jason’s father, the registered owner of the vehicle, entered the vehicle through the unlocked driver’s side door, and discovered Jason’s cell phone between the driver’s seat and the center console.

Source: https://www.localprayers.com/US/Mis...ster-Presbyterian-Church-Missouri-City,-Texas

?????
Really good points..

Watching the video of the drive from magnolia to the crash site DOES raise more questions for me as to why Jason continued so far off his planned route. It also challenges my prevailing theory (cell phone dropped between seat at Magnolia intersection but Jason believed it would still provide directions audibly and figured he was “still on track” without new directions given) as he would have known Waze was not working at the T intersection, which was quite early in the drive.

I don’t really have a new perspective - still think this is a tragic accident and that he will be found just outside the search zone. But a few more questions for me:
+ Why not stop at the T intersection and later stop sign and dig out the phone?
+ Why continue so far on the dark road when he should have had a strong sense he was not going in the right direction (the “this must intersect with the highway eventually” is a good theory)
+ What caused the accident given the road was not curvy (sleep? Animal?)
+ Who was he communicating with on Snapchat and have they been contacted by LE?

But mostly: Where are you Jason?

Some thought about dust from someone who grew up on a gravel road.
First, if it's a less travelled road, there is less dust simply because there are less cars. I think it's pretty well established that not many vehicles were going down the road that night.
Second, dew can be heavy enough that it will hold down dust during the night and early morning and can even help wash dust off of objects. I'd guess there would be some dew during this time, but it depends on temperature and humidity among other factors.
third, I haven't watched the video but dust kicked up is extremely dependent on vehicle speed. My grandfather always drove slow on gravel because he didn't want gravel chipping his car's paint. And his car collected much dust and created much less of a dust cloud than his neighbors.

I personally don't believe there is anything suspicious about the amount of dust on his car or clothing items.

The passenger door was locked, the drivers door was unlocked. At least that's how his father found the car. Unsure if it was the same when LE found it though. ;)

Jason’s father, the registered owner of the vehicle, entered the vehicle through the unlocked driver’s side door, and discovered Jason’s cell phone between the driver’s seat and the center console.

Source: https://www.localprayers.com/US/Missouri-City/349928531819753/Southminster-Presbyterian-Church-Missouri-City,-Texas

I wonder how close to the barbed wire fence the car was when it stopped. It was reported somewhere that the blood spot possibly happened when he was exiting the car and was scratched by the barbed wire. If the driver's side door was unlocked, and it was assumed he exited the car through this door, it seems the door would be scratched from the barbed wire. I don't see any scratches on the driver's side door.

If I remember correctly, he was coming from the north, back into Luling. The wrecked car would have been on his left.
I wonder what time the VFF was driving the other direction? Driving to the north past the location of the accident scene? Just curious. And how much time passed until he saw the crash driving back toward Luling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3