What is the most convoluted cold case?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CaliKid said:
Sharon Marshall and the (I-94) (Mississippi River-Lake Michigan-area) College drownings.
I noticed you have Josh Guimond noted in your siggy...are you a former SJU student? Just curious how you became interested in this case!

I live and work in St. Joseph and was around when Jacob Wetterling disappeared as well. I contemplate Josh's disappearance often and really have no theory...but I'm convinced he did not "fall in a lake".

Gozgals said:
The Johnny Gosch Case and the Zodiac Killer would be the ones that seem to be very baffling and hard to solve.

Gozgals
Johnny Gosch because of All of Noreens pictures and allegations. The whole Franklin cover up thing- it is impossible to see the wood for the trees. I believe it will NEVER be solved. Sadly.

The Sodder case....5 children were presumed dead in a fire. There was no evidence left after the fire that the children were really in the house when the fire started. No one going thru the ashes admitted to seeing any bones; however later some of them said they did see some. Why? Ms. Sodder stated that when they told her they found nothing that that was impossible. Why was she not told then rather than years later when the Sodders no longer believed their children died in the fire and were hiring investigators?

With the Shawn Hornbeck case we can see that children don't always return after they are kidnapped.

I definitely think the Sharon Marshall case. I lived very close to where Michael was kidnapped when it happened and I will always wonder what really happened to him. Hopefully, one day we will know about Michael and Sharon both.....

LisainWV said:
Michelle, just finished that book. Doesn't your heart just ache for her mother?

Sorry, for the sidetrack....

I'll redeem myself by saying, Dr. Doogie, Anna's case ranks up there with the strangest. You and your supersleuths are gonna crack that one (fingers crossed).
Yes it does lisa, I was so sad when she died that she never got justice or anything.

HENRY HUDSON PARKWAY UNIDENTIFIED

Case Type: Unidentified
DOB: Jan 1, 1987 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jul 23, 1991 Race: Unknown
Age Now: 20 Height: 3'2" (97 cm)
Missing City: NEW YORK CITY Weight: 25 lbs (11 kg)
Missing State : NY Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Unknown

Case Number: NCMU400005
Circumstances: The child's image shown here is a NCMEC computer-assisted facial reconstruction. Her remains were found in New York City in the park bordering the south bound lane of the Henry Hudson Parkway, 1/4 mile south of the toll booths, north of the Dyckman Street exit on July 23, 1991. The child was found wrapped in plastic inside a blue and white Igloo cooler. She had fair skin and was possibly of Hispanic decent. She had dark brown or black hair, was between 3-5 years of age, weighed only 25 pounds and appeared malnourished. Her hair had been worn in a pony tail. The "DOB" and "Age Now" fields are approximations.

I remember this coming on the news when they found her. I remember the Detectives looking very upset. It seems so long ago.

Has anyone mentioned the West Memphis Three or the Darlie Routier cases? Those have generated an awful lot over the years...

I hadn't seen this thread. I guess it was buried deep in the archives until some posters (GoblinKeeper and violet67) bumped it back up.

It's good to see that one of the cases most mentioned (Sharon Marshall or Suzanne Sevakis) was finally solved, along with one of the later mentions (HH Pkwy girl).

That gives us hope for all missing/unidentified's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back