NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To play the devil's advocate for a wee moment, would they have known the shape of her mouth and/or lip size? Like most recons, it could be an estimate of former recons or based on the PM. There is just something about the propotions in her face that seems off to me. I could be wrong (and I hope so), but could I ask you for the source of this photo?
I found it on imgur

To play the devil's advocate for a wee moment, would they have known the shape of her mouth and/or lip size? Like most recons, it could be an estimate of former recons or based on the PM. There is just something about the propotions in her face that seems off to me. I could be wrong (and I hope so), but could I ask you for the source of this photo?

I found it on Imgur, by searching “Albuquerque Jane Doe Photobooth”

It’s possible that if these are two different pictures, they could have been taken in a span of seconds (so she could make that expression in between, maybe George Martínez didn’t noticed it and kept his expression)

I do a lot of Photoshop editing and I can tell straight away that it is an edited photo. The original photo is blurry grainy and undefined. The eyes and mouth in the edited photo don't match the rest of the photo.

I found it on Imgur, by searching “Albuquerque Jane Doe Photobooth”

It’s possible that if these are two different pictures, they could have been taken in a span of seconds (so she could make that expression in between, maybe George Martínez didn’t noticed it and kept his expression)
It's edited. They do a lot of research on this JD over there and someone did it to "be helpful" I guess. It's in one of their threads but not linkable here.
"This is for our comparison purposes only. It is not the work of a forensic artist and not considered an accurate depiction. It is not for the general public. Please do not post this anywhere else."

It's edited. They do a lot of research on this JD over there and someone did it to "be helpful" I guess. It's in one of their threads but not linkable here.
"This is for our comparison purposes only. It is not the work of a forensic artist and not considered an accurate depiction. It is not for the general public. Please do not post this anywhere else."

The editing might bring her identity back, when she filled down her registration, she didn’t provide a name?

The editing might bring her identity back, when she filled down her registration, she didn’t provide a name?
A man named Eduardo Colin filled out the registration form. When police tracked him down years after the initial investigation, he'd since died and his family said they did not recognise either of the people in the photograph found in the motel room with the unidentified woman.

A man named Eduardo Colin filled out the registration form. When police tracked him down years after the initial investigation, he'd since died and his family said they did not recognise either of the people in the photograph found in the motel room with the unidentified woman.
Do you know if during the initial investigation the police looked for the registration papers from the days she stayed in? Maybe they could find a name on those or it’s possible she gave a false identity

Do you know if during the initial investigation the police looked for the registration papers from the days she stayed in? Maybe they could find a name on those or it’s possible she gave a false identity
The police report is here and the autopsy report is here (I hope I'm allowed to link them, I'm a bit new here). Afaik, the clerk did not recognise her as someone who checked in during the last few days.

I read the autopsy report what was posted a while ago by Roselvr. But thanks. In my post #166 up thread, you can find my comments on the autopsy report. Thanks for the police report. I can't recollect if I read it, I don't think so. I can see now it's consistent with the police report. They checked for a heartbeat at the scene.

Last edited:
The police report is here and the autopsy report is here (I hope I'm allowed to link them, I'm a bit new here). Afaik, the clerk did not recognise her as someone who checked in during the last few days.

But the clerk recognized the person who checked in from the pictures. I think this person used a fake name of Eduardo Colin. Mr. Colin was traced but deceased at the time. His family didn't see a link. Maybe the person checked in was an employee or knew Mr. Eduardo somehow. I always wonder when people pick a certain name if they use a fake one, it's a name in the back of the head, knowing it somehow from somewhere. As in the Lyle Stevik's case it seems to be possible to use a fake name and you didn't have to identify yourself or could use a fake identity card. So many found unidentified persons from Mexico had a untraceable fake ID-card on the body.

It seems to me she travelled there to meet him (suitcase), maybe they were lovers, a couple reconciling, pure speculation. Still wonder about the 500 in cash.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a chance this case from Europe could have the Missing date wrong. (lost in translation, date given is when reported etc) They look similar IMO.

The Doe Network: Case File 1432DFHRV

I FINALLY located this thread after coming across Ivanka’s case! I recognized her photo immediately, I just couldn’t remember which Doe I recognized it from! I feel confident about this match! After reading the autopsy/ME report, all vitals seem to match (taking into consideration the likelihood that Ivanka’s are not 100% accurate given the lack of certainty surrounding what information I’ve found so far). Another thing to take into consideration the post-mortem effects of a hanging death. i.e. height & eye color variance. I’ll post a few links of articles explaining the possible effects. If nothing else, they’re interesting!
I also feel like, given the already vague approximation of the disappearance date (Sept 1992), whoever reported her missing may not have even been confident of that much! Therefore making the date of discovery for AJD (06 June 1991; 15 month difference) not completely out of the realm of possibility. Assuming the reporting person was guessing. JMO
I will continue to dig up what I can find about Ivanka’s disappearance, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions. Respectfully, of course. :) I think it’s a good find!

Body Length estimation during PMI -
http://www.rjlm.ro/system/revista/44/369-372.pdf

“A difference has been reported in living people between standing free stature and the measurement taken when the body is lying down. However, it is still not clear if there is any difference between postmortem height and cadaver length.
The cadaver length must be measured from heel to crown. However, it is not unusual in daily practice for the technician or pathologist to use different tools for evaluating the body length (tape measure, portable stadiometer, and folding measuring stick) and it is sometimes measured from toe to crown which can result in a significant difference compared with the living standing height. Furthermore, according to Knight, post - mortem height may differ from known height by several centimetres because of several opposing causes of variation, such as muscle flaccidity and rigor mortis (21).
Therefore, if body length measurement in autopsy report does not align with the living record, the value of this data may be questioned, even from a forensic standpoint.”

Iris recognition after death -
*GRAPHIC*-
(page 4 & beyond)
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1804.01962.pdf

As always, thank you ALL for your unwavering dedication to these Does!!

•MMcG•

ETA: I also noticed that a “Do Not Disturb” sign had been hanging on the door of the motel room for most of the date of discovery, something I hadn’t read before. IMO this was a suicide and I have a feeling that is why the two males have no publicly come forward. It seems that they were cooperative once questioned. But probably not realizing what she was going to do, I can see how they’d rightfully assume they’d be implicated (more so than what they have already been). JMOO

Attachments

• D03A1C9B-7952-4690-825B-1DC5A7204776.jpeg
    D03A1C9B-7952-4690-825B-1DC5A7204776.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 25
  • AFE52DA0-EFF8-4C54-A028-04949D4F7A74.jpeg
    AFE52DA0-EFF8-4C54-A028-04949D4F7A74.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 052BCFAA-E055-412B-ACB7-2401089A742B.jpeg
    052BCFAA-E055-412B-ACB7-2401089A742B.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 26
  • 9AECBCBB-4D18-4DBE-A93C-408285164E75.jpeg
    9AECBCBB-4D18-4DBE-A93C-408285164E75.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Came across this article while trying to find relatives of Ivanka. This would explain why, in 1993, there would be difficulties determining when and from where someone may have gone missing...

SERB VICTIMS OF WAR AND POST-WAR IN THE TERRITORIES OF CROATIA AND THE FORMER REPUBLIC OF SERBIAN KRAJINA (RSK) 1990–1998
https://www.icj-cij.org/files/case-related/118/18196.pdf
(BBM)
“The information contained in this annex is based on the research of the VERITAS Documentation and Information Centre,1 which has been collecting documents on the suffering and plight of Serbs in the territories of Croatia and the former RSK in war time and post-war period, or from 1990–1998, and has been doing so since 1993. The fragmentation and lack of own state administration has rendered difficult the gathering and collation of information on Serb victims in these territories in the most recent war. The information presented in this annex shows the situation as established in VERITAS research into Serb victims in the territories of Croatia and the former RSK (United Nations Protected Areas) between 1990 and 1998 as at 31 October 2009.”

Although I did not find Ivanka listed, it may be that her family or members of her family were victims of the war. The biggest part of those listed were soldiers. It appears that a large amount of the civilian population sought refuge elsewhere during this time.

I apologize in advance if this is way OT.

•MMcG•

I FINALLY located this thread after coming across Ivanka’s case! I recognized her photo immediately, I just couldn’t remember which Doe I recognized it from! I feel confident about this match! After reading the autopsy/ME report, all vitals seem to match (taking into consideration the likelihood that Ivanka’s are not 100% accurate given the lack of certainty surrounding what information I’ve found so far). Another thing to take into consideration the post-mortem effects of a hanging death. i.e. height & eye color variance. I’ll post a few links of articles explaining the possible effects. If nothing else, they’re interesting!
I also feel like, given the already vague approximation of the disappearance date (Sept 1992), whoever reported her missing may not have even been confident of that much! Therefore making the date of discovery for AJD (06 June 1991; 15 month difference) not completely out of the realm of possibility. Assuming the reporting person was guessing. JMO
I will continue to dig up what I can find about Ivanka’s disappearance, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and opinions. Respectfully, of course. :) I think it’s a good find!

Body Length estimation during PMI -
http://www.rjlm.ro/system/revista/44/369-372.pdf

“A difference has been reported in living people between standing free stature and the measurement taken when the body is lying down. However, it is still not clear if there is any difference between postmortem height and cadaver length.
The cadaver length must be measured from heel to crown. However, it is not unusual in daily practice for the technician or pathologist to use different tools for evaluating the body length (tape measure, portable stadiometer, and folding measuring stick) and it is sometimes measured from toe to crown which can result in a significant difference compared with the living standing height. Furthermore, according to Knight, post - mortem height may differ from known height by several centimetres because of several opposing causes of variation, such as muscle flaccidity and rigor mortis (21).
Therefore, if body length measurement in autopsy report does not align with the living record, the value of this data may be questioned, even from a forensic standpoint.”

Iris recognition after death -
*GRAPHIC*-
(page 4 & beyond)
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1804.01962.pdf

As always, thank you ALL for your unwavering dedication to these Does!!

•MMcG•

ETA: I also noticed that a “Do Not Disturb” sign had been hanging on the door of the motel room for most of the date of discovery, something I hadn’t read before. IMO this was a suicide and I have a feeling that is why the two males have no publicly come forward. It seems that they were cooperative once questioned. But probably not realizing what she was going to do, I can see how they’d rightfully assume they’d be implicated (more so than what they have already been). JMOO
Great find! You should submit it to LE!

so the person IN THE PHOTO w her said they were Eduardo colin.....

By the time law enforcement located him, Eduardo Colin was deceased (unrelated). With the help of his family, and handwriting samples, they were able to confirm that he was the one who signed the registry book and rented the motel room. The family did not recognize the man in the photo or the UID. IIRC they never identified the man in the photograph. I believe all this information was posted/linked up thread! :)

•MMcG•

ETA: the desk clerk stated that a man who (as far as she could remember) claimed to be trucker rented the room for 2 people and paid in cash at the ‘truckers rate’.

Wasn't the man's name (the one in the picture with the UID) George Martinez? He was arrested by the late 90s. I think his name is fake, i'm kinda confused, Mr Colin is "George Martinez"?

edit: George Martinez was arrested in 1998, there's a mugshot of him and when compared to the man on the photo, is a close match. According to the page where the mugshot is featured, he was born in 1973.

Last edited:
Wasn't the man's name (the one in the picture with the UID) George Martinez? He was arrested by the late 90s. I think his name is fake, i'm kinda confused, Mr Colin is "George Martinez"?

edit: George Martinez was arrested in 1998, there's a mugshot of him and when compared to the man on the photo, is a close match. According to the page where the mugshot is featured, he was born in 1973.
Ok, yes! You may be right! I knew I’d seen some speculative posts including mugshots, but I guess I didn’t pay attention to wether they were verified or not. AFAIK George and Eduardo are two different people...I do know that I read in a subreddit thread (someone created a summary of facts including Q&As asked to law enforcement) that said Eduardo had been verified as local and at the time of the post, George had not been located....but I’m not certain on that. I’m fairly positive that I found all the info/links on here, up thread.

Ok, yes! You may be right! I knew I’d seen some speculative posts including mugshots, but I guess I didn’t pay attention to wether they were verified or not. AFAIK George and Eduardo are two different people...I do know that I read in a subreddit thread (someone created a summary of facts including Q&As asked to law enforcement) that said Eduardo had been verified as local and at the time of the post, George had not been located....but I’m not certain on that. I’m fairly positive that I found all the info/links on here, up thread.

I could provide a link to George's mugshot, it's also possible that Eduardo happens to be another person, not connected to the photo found at the crime scene.

I could provide a link to George's mugshot, it's also possible that Eduardo happens to be another person, not connected to the photo found at the crime scene.
I think you’re probably right! Eduardo and George may have been acquaintances and just doing a favor. Maybe she knew Eduardo and George didn’t. I think the possibilities are endless considering the lifestyle she/they appeared to be living. :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back