NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope that's the case with the DNA, Carbuff
Thanks for the updated list, I forgot my NamUs password at home so don't have access to the rule outs

You're welcome. I'm putting a lot more effort into making sure the ruleouts are in the forums, since our many international sleuthers can't get access at all.

Hey guys! Not sure if this identity suggestion has been made but, could she be Paula Janet Waid?
She went missing on March 15, 1991, her height is off by 2 inches but, on the UID, her height was an estimate, what do you guys think?

Paula Janet Waid – The Charley Project

Puzzling story. I believe she committed suicide (autopsy findings on the body (livor) is consistent with hanging). Could somebody else hung her there, not very likely, especially because of the bolt lock/locked door from the inside. Thinking in hotels/motels there is a mother key, so you would always be able to open a door....but maybe not in this particular motel. I don't know. Could make a difference. She OD-d, somebody hung her....no need for that....Not logical. She had still 3 electrocardiographic pads on her upper body, so my conclusion is that paramedics were called and they tried to revive her. (more questions....if she was dead for a while, would have been obvious, why do that?, only if you think there is a chance, I don't know the American policy) Makes you wonder why she did it...but I don't want to go there.

I wish they had a better picture of the bracelet. In the picture it looks like a ring. I can't make out what it's like. And why are there no pictures of the earrings?

Puzzling story. I believe she committed suicide (autopsy findings on the body (livor) is consistent with hanging). Could somebody else hung her there, not very likely, especially because of the bolt lock/locked door from the inside. Thinking in hotels/motels there is a mother key, so you would always be able to open a door....but maybe not in this particular motel. I don't know. Could make a difference. She OD-d, somebody hung her....no need for that....Not logical. She had still 3 electrocardiographic pads on her upper body, so my conclusion is that paramedics were called and they tried to revive her. (more questions....if she was dead for a while, would have been obvious, why do that?, only if you think there is a chance, I don't know the American policy) Makes you wonder why she did it...but I don't want to go there.

I wish they had a better picture of the bracelet. In the picture it looks like a ring. I can't make out what it's like. And why are there no pictures of the earrings?

Could the pictures of her earrings be requested to law enforcement?

Hey guys! Not sure if this identity suggestion has been made but, could she be Paula Janet Waid?
She went missing on March 15, 1991, her height is off by 2 inches but, on the UID, her height was an estimate, what do you guys think?

Paula Janet Waid – The Charley Project

She was mentioned already in #99 and #104. I'm not sure what became of it.

I think there are two pictures that show the UID, the photobooth ones, she has her mouth open in one of these and on the other one her mouth is closed and her expression is more serious

I think there are two pictures that show the UID, the photobooth ones, she has her mouth open in one of these and on the other one her mouth is closed and her expression is more serious
I've only seen the photobooth one, I wasn't aware there was one more photo of her, unless you mean her post mortem picture.

I've only seen the photobooth one, I wasn't aware there was one more photo of her, unless you mean her post mortem picture.
I remember seeing online two photobooth pictures, the one with her mouth closed was in poor quality, i'll see if i can find it online as i did that time, if i'm successful i'll upload it to the thread ;)

sdAJCUI.jpg

It seems that she had thin eyebrows and a small nose.

sdAJCUI.jpg

It seems that she had thin eyebrows and a small nose.

Thank you for posting this...never saw it. I don't know why...very tiny small on the table maybe.

It looks likes she has "haunted eyes, drugged up eyes", but then I remembered I once entered a booth and kept my eyes wide open....when I smile my eyes are lost...just stripes....so I tried something "different" when I saw the pictures it looked like I had escaped from an asylum.

Last edited:
Is the photo genuine, though? I mean, it looks Photoshopped to have her mouth closed so we could have a better understanding of how she looked like irl.

I think it’s genuine, I’m a bit unsure as if it was photoshopped, how they would have known the shape of her mouth or her lips size? They would have based this on the PM photo and from what the sketch tells, she died with her mouth slightly open.

how they would have known the shape of her mouth or her lips size?
To play the devil's advocate for a wee moment, would they have known the shape of her mouth and/or lip size? Like most recons, it could be an estimate of former recons or based on the PM. There is just something about the propotions in her face that seems off to me. I could be wrong (and I hope so), but could I ask you for the source of this photo?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back