VA Bayard William Cousins, 22, Virginia Beach, 1 Feb 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
Bayard William Cousins

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bayard Cousins left his residence while his parents were out of town. They came back to a note stating not to worry about him. There were no indications of any issues with Bayard prior to his disappearance. He has never been seen or heard from again. Bayard is fluent in Spanish and was an ecology activist.

Last edited:
Yes have read the thread, is a possibility, but Bayard had a purpose to live for, he was an ecology activist, this UID seems to have no more desire to live.

Iam thinking he could of been a ecology activist, but still miserable in his own existence. Maybe he thought by being and ecology activist it would help him in some way find purpose or happiness but it never happened.

I wish there was some more info on Bayard.

Bayard William Cousins (NamUs)
#MP23906
upload_2022-2-3_2-42-29.png
Demographics
Missing Age: 22 Years
Current Age: 69 Years
First Name: Bayard
Middle Name: William
Last Name: Cousins
Nickname/Alias:--
Sex:Male
Height: 6' 2" - 6' 3" (74 - 75 Inches)
Weight: 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: February 1, 1975
NamUs Case Created: March 19, 2014
County: Virginia Beach City
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Bayard Cousins left his residence while his parents were out of town. They came back to a note stating not to worry about him. There were no indications of any issues with Bayard prior to his disappearance. He has never been seen or heard from again. Bayard is fluent in Spanish and was an ecology activist.

Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description: Hair is dark brown to the point of almost black.
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description: --
Scar/mark: Cross scar on unknown finger of unknown hand. Wore glasses.

Hi all
I’m currently researching the Belle Chasse UID. The late Det Dominick Verdi placed his age as 16-17, which was reported in the articles from the Plaquemine Gazetteer and the Times Picayune (NOLA). No mention of glasses found with the body, neither shoes nor a cross scar on his hand.
I have called the Orleans Parish Coroner where his body was sent for an autopsy. I thought at first Cousins might be match, since the UID had to have around the area at some point. @Baudelaire found mention of a lady named Cousins at a function in the 70s, I believe, in the Naval base in Belle Chasse. That would make sense given his knowledge of the area. There are many retired Navy along the VA shore area. Until/if I hear from the coroner it’s still an interesting lead.

Wow how did you find these? I’m amazed and thrilled. I still don’t understand how Jefferson Parish kept Old Metairie UID case file and Plaquemines Parish lost theirs. They’re both on the West Bank of the MS river. Great find!! But for the glasses, it’s close.

Wow how did you find these? I’m amazed and thrilled. I still don’t understand how Jefferson Parish kept Old Metairie UID case file and Plaquemines Parish lost theirs. They’re both on the West Bank of the MS river. Great find!! But for the glasses, it’s close.
In this post, thanks @Sweetsbeach

Post number 355

Last edited:
Bayard is mentioned as having a cross scar on his finger and the height and eye color are off. This makes me doubt he is Belle Chasse John Doe.

I think Charles Wallace is more likely Belle Chasse John Doe.

Hello, I'm Baudelaire, I can't get back into my old account. Phantomstrider I'm inclined to agree that the physical evidence makes Cousins, less likely to be our boy. Do you know where I can find info on Charles Wallace? Before you mentioned him, did anyone else mention him in this thread or is he new?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC
Back