Identified! CA - Out-of-town family finds unidentified body in freezer of home they were staying at - Dec 23, 2023 - Mary Margaret Haxby-Jones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could it be possible that the person, if they were frail, unwell or elderly, fell into the freezer. They may have been holding on to the lid which closed on top of them and they were either knocked out and/or too frail to push open the lld from inside

I don't recall ever hearing of a case where that happened, but is it possible.

Re the family visiting and why they looked into the freezer, could the power have gone off and they smelt something, though I guess most people would just think it was rotting food.

I wonder if the “out-of-town” family was there because the relative who owned the house had recently died (or gone to a nursing home) and family came in from out of town to go through their stuff ? It seems strange that the owner would willingly let their family members stay there knowing they might open that freezer.

The first link on the thread shows the address clearly in the video (I won’t post it). It’s pretty funky looking for Allied Gardens. Definitely not an Airbnb! My BIL lives about two minutes away. Most homes are nicely kept. It‘s quite possible family was there to clear it out.

Could it be possible that the person, if they were frail, unwell or elderly, fell into the freezer. They may have been holding on to the lid which closed on top of them and they were either knocked out and/or too frail to push open the lld from inside

I don't recall ever hearing of a case where that happened, but is it possible.

Re the family visiting and why they looked into the freezer, could the power have gone off and they smelt something, though I guess most people would just think it was rotting food.
It is my opinion that those big chest freezers are dangerous for short people - especially when almost empty. I've watched women 5 feet or less dangle themselves down into the chest to attempt to reach something in the bottom. So, yes -- elderly and frail would not be beyond all possibility in my opinion. If the lid hit hard enough, would it seal immediately?

Maybe the reason for the visit was family knowledge that something had already happened -- or had almost certainly happened as communication had stopped.

What exactly is Allied Gardens? Some rich, ritzy neighborhood?
1703651777230.png No, not ritzy, I would describe it as a middle-class neighborhood. Allied Gardens is a section of neighborhood that has a couple of Kaiser health care facilities and there's also a big Kaiser Hospital right on Zion Ave. There's lots of single family houses still, going up a slight hill, and a school right across from the freezer house.
1703651652700.png
Kaiser Hospital on Zion Ave.
1703651223562.png

Not a fact, but there's a few videos showing this house with the unique wall, so this may be the home of the freezer.
1703651091455.png

1703652083804.png See, that house keeps showing up in pics on the news.

'It’s very surprising and scary and give me the chills because I’ve never heard something like this,' neighbor Ana Marie Mierau told ABC San Diego.

''I started seeing the police everywhere, and I'm like: "That is something big,"' another, Teresa Morrison, said

Possible. Although I personally think that would have been mentioned. But maybe not.

If it was "body parts," they would have no way of knowing immediately if all the parts were there. It was a body intact enough to sex it.

I am envisioning a regular old chest freezer, like the ones we have. Not anything capable of "flash freezing" as one would find on a fishing vessel. Flash freezing capability, even in the best of freezers (upright ones are better at this) is still not all that flash.

But, the state of decay (when put into the freezer) would be testable, yes. If there was a delay in getting it to the freezer, absolutely forensic testing can tell that. This is something you can do at home with a roast, if you wanted to. If you leave it until it starts to decay and then freeze it, you can still smell the decay - which is coming from biochemicals - and those are testable, even before a complete defrost.

I don't consider these discussions "ghoulish," of course. For all we know, it was body parts (and LE is suppressing that information).

It would make a difference in which crimes the culprit is charged with. They probably want him/her to come in quietly and they probably have a good idea who did it.

LE has clearly said that there are no immediate signs of traumatic injury (being dismembered would be high on the list of traumatic injury - and no way of telling immediately if it happened pre- or post-mortem - we've looked at a couple of cases here on WS in the past year in which someone attacked someone else with a chainsaw or reciprocating saw).

I'm going with "person died and was put into the freezer." Our larger chest freezer is completely capable of holding the body of most average sized women (and larger). Or an average sized man, for that matter - but would be hard to put someone over 6 feet into it, unless they were really skinny.

I envision a scenario in which a relative was living in the house as a kind of caretaker. Person died, they freaked out and used the freezer, then ran off somewhere. The fear of being questioned by police may have been present. They'll figure out who she is and get her medical records, that will help. And if she's been frozen since near her moment of death, they can find lots of things to study inside her body to try and figure out CoD.

She didn't put herself in the freezer! (Or at least, that's very unlikely - I suppose someone could suicide in this manner, but...that would be the first time I've heard of such a thing!)
I've got a huge chest freezer. Probably could hold four or five bodies. Its deep too, I can barely reach the bottom, I'm literally leaning in with my feet barely on the floor to get to the bottom. Than goodness my lock is broken. I'd hate to say, fall in.

........ 1703659206211.png See, that house keeps showing up in pics on the news.
I can capture all the houses from a certain angle. 1703659583655.png1703659354233.png
The house with the unique wall ^^^ is in pics on many news sites, but... It's the blue house next door to the house with the unique wall that has a blur placed on it on google maps. I never saw that, only that house blurs out. Is that common if it's a suspected crime scene? Anybody know? Never saw that before.

Last edited:
I can capture all the houses from a certain angle. View attachment 470385View attachment 470383
The house with the unique wall ^^^ is in pics on many news sites, but... It's the blue house next door to the house with the unique wall that has a blur placed on it on google maps. I never saw that, only that house blurs out. Is that common if it's a suspected crime scene? Anybody know? Never saw that before.

I‘ve never seen the blur done before either. It wasn’t there earlier. In the news video I mentioned, the tan house next door was filmed with the front door open and a guy with what looked like a gas mask going in. So I still think it’s the right house. Time will tell.

JMO

The first link on the thread shows the address clearly in the video (I won’t post it). It’s pretty funky looking for Allied Gardens. Definitely not an Airbnb! My BIL lives about two minutes away. Most homes are nicely kept. It‘s quite possible family was there to clear it out.

RBBM

Oh wow! Probably against TOS if you had a line in to the local word on the street but I am very curious all the same.

My questions: Did the homeowner go on vacation, leaving this discovery behind? Did the homeowner "go on vacation"... in the freezer?? Did the homeowner go somewhere and someone else stashed a body there??

The length of time in the freezer will likely point more closely to whoever is guilty.

I‘ve never seen the blur done before either. It wasn’t there earlier. In the news video I mentioned, the tan house next door was filmed with the front door open and a guy with what looked like a gas mask going in. So I still think it’s the right house. Time will tell.

JMO
They blurred the house of the Idaho murders too, I think, though don't quote me, I could be getting my cases mixed up. I believe it's something Google does at times when asked when there is a crime.

MOO

I remember in the "Pizza Bomber" case, that crazy old lady had her first husband's body in a freezer for some reason, I forget why.

I want to say I remember reading a similar case and the reason the family kept the body on ice was because they could not afford a funeral for them for a while. I may be mistaken but it seems like I have heard or read that somewhere before.

View attachment 470362 No, not ritzy, I would describe it as a middle-class neighborhood. Allied Gardens is a section of neighborhood that has a couple of Kaiser health care facilities and there's also a big Kaiser Hospital right on Zion Ave. There's lots of single family houses still, going up a slight hill, and a school right across from the freezer house.
View attachment 470360
Kaiser Hospital on Zion Ave.
View attachment 470359

Not a fact, but there's a few videos showing this house with the unique wall, so this may be the home of the freezer.
View attachment 470358

View attachment 470365 See, that house keeps showing up in pics on the news.
From the crowded driveway, looks like several people may have lived there at one point.

In the news video they said it 'seemed' to be that of a female, unknown race or age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back