Found Deceased MD - Fawzan Hassan, 6, last seen at Bohrer Park, Gaithersburg, 27 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
ec8eb45b-1197-43a2-a026-c1b309648c22_750x422.jpg

According to the Montgomery County Department of Police, Fawzan Hassan was last seen at Bohrer Park on Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg around 3 p.m.

I have questions. Why, if this boy is 6, is the main pic of him when he was 2? Or is that just a shirt he was wearing, and not related to his actual age? The description of him seems small although the weight is in the broad range of "normal". It seems there are two ponds at the park where he was last seen. Praying he's found safe.

Update - Gaithersburg, MD searching ponds at Bohrer Park, assisting PD, focus of search is missing child

.@mcfrs assisting PD ISO Bohrer Park

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) crews were assisting police with a search of the ponds at the park, spokesperson Pete Piringer wrote on social media about shortly after 8 p.m.

Police ask anyone with information about the boy to call 301-279-8000.

Update from Police: “It has just been reported to Montgomery County Police that 6-year-old Fawzan Hassan is non-verbal Autistic.

Police are asking the public to search cars/sheds for a missing 6-year old, Fawzan Hassan, last seen at 3PM, Bohrer Park, Gaithersburg. He is 3-feet tall, 42 lbs., black hair, brown eyes, wearing a green shirt, blue jeans and white/silver sneakers. Contact 911 with information.

I have questions. Why, if this boy is 6, is the main pic of him when he was 2? Or is that just a shirt he was wearing, and not related to his actual age? The description of him seems small although the weight is in the broad range of "normal". It seems there are two ponds at the park where he was last seen. Praying he's found safe.
It looks like it might have been added to show a clearer view of his face. Since we now know he’s autistic, maybe he doesn’t like having his picture taken or something and they had to dig to find a clear one? JMO. Just a guess.

JUL 28, 2024
[...]

Search teams have worked overnight in the search for the child and have deployed drones with the assistance of Maryland National Capital Police – Montgomery County.

Residents in the area are urged to check around their property, including under porches and decks, swimming pools, outbuildings, unlocked cars, and nearby playgrounds. Additionally, please review any home surveillance videos.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Fawzan Hassan is asked to call 911.

Approaching Non-Verbal Autistic Children: Please call 911 right away. When engaging with a non-verbal autistic child, it is important to approach them calmly and slowly. Avoid making sudden movements or loud noises that might startle them. Speak in a gentle, reassuring tone, even if the child does not respond verbally. Non-verbal autistic children might not respond to their name, so try to use other cues, such as visual signals or familiar objects, to get their attention. Most importantly, ensure the child’s safety and wait for police to arrive.

Update from Police: “It has just been reported to Montgomery County Police that 6-year-old Fawzan Hassan is non-verbal Autistic.
Very worried about those ponds. I hope he is found hiding in a nook or cranny somewhere nearby.

jmo

JUL 28, 2024
Members of the Ethiopian Silt’e community, who were hosting an event at the park when the child went missing, are offering a $10,000 reward for anyone who finds Hassan. This reward is not associated with MCPD or Montgomery County.

Police are urging residents to check around their property, including under porches and decks, swimming pools, outbuildings, unlocked cars, and nearby playgrounds, as well as review any home surveillance videos.

JUL 28, 2024
After more than 24 hours searching the area, police in Montgomery County, Maryland, are asking for community help in finding a six-year-old nonverbal, autistic boy who went missing yesterday.

[...]

At a news conference on Sunday afternoon, police said they had completed their search of the park and much of the surrounding area, and asked the local community to continue assistance in finding the child.

[...]

“We’re asking them to search where they live, work and shop, and check those areas that they are familiar with,” police said. “Check the cars in their parking lot, ones that are open, that are unlocked, and take a look inside and see if there’s anyone in there. Because he (Hassan) is also attracted to vehicles.”

[...]

The Ethiopian group feels terrible that Fawzan went missing during their picnic. Fawzan is attracted to vehicles. That would have been good if he had been hiding in a vehicle, but it's been too long. The ponds are making me kind of nauseous. I don't know if pediatricians explain to parents of autistic children that they need to teach their children to swim asap, but they should. I hope I'm so very wrong about what I suspect happened.

Heartbreaking.

WTOP’s Dick Uliano, reporting live from the scene, said Montgomery County police pulled a body from a small pond less than 50 yards away from the playground where Hassan was last seen.

Police have not confirmed that the body recovered was Hassan’s. The department said it will hold a news conference at 6:30 p.m. to update the public.

:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cnc1967
Back