Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is interesting to me because I'm probably a similar build/weight to Ashley, and I often take comfort in the fact that I'd be harder to takeover and harder to hide at my size.

So, given that there is no bloody or violent scene in her car, I'd be willing to bet this is not a homicide but rather a mental health break/suicide.

This case is interesting to me because I'm probably a similar build/weight to Ashley, and I often take comfort in the fact that I'd be harder to takeover and harder to hide at my size.

So, given that there is no bloody or violent scene in her car, I'd be willing to bet this is not a homicide but rather a mental health break/suicide.

Agree.. and I'm rooting for mental health break... I feel that if it were suicide, it wouldn't be taking so long to find her. MOO but I have to guess she is with someone else that she met up with at or near the town hall.

I am a little curious at the lack of information available, though. In this situation, wouldn't you circulate pictures of her car and ask the local community to check their cameras for it? The only justification I can conceive for not doing this would be that everything about her arrival at the town hall is already known, so there's nothing to query the public about. Maybe that's the case.

Agree.. and I'm rooting for mental health break... I feel that if it were suicide, it wouldn't be taking so long to find her. MOO but I have to guess she is with someone else that she met up with at or near the town hall.

I am a little curious at the lack of information available, though. In this situation, wouldn't you circulate pictures of her car and ask the local community to check their cameras for it? The only justification I can conceive for not doing this would be that everything about her arrival at the town hall is already known, so there's nothing to query the public about. Maybe that's the case.
Concerning to me is the river just a short distance from Town Hall. New England has had a ton of rain the past few months as it’s been oddly warmish until now, and I’ll bet this body of water is much higher than it looks in this Google Street View link. She could sadly be miles down current if the river is part of what happened.

Concerning to me is the river just a short distance from Town Hall. New England has had a ton of rain the past few months as it’s been oddly warmish until now, and I’ll bet this body of water is much higher than it looks in this Google Street View link. She could sadly be miles down current if the river is part of what happened.

The river was my initial fear as well, but from a slip and fall more than self harm. I haven't seen the river myself, so as you mention it could look different in person, but it doesn't seem (?) like a place you'd jump in hopes to end your life.. not that it isn't dangerous - as cold and fast moving as it's apt to be right now.. another poster mentioned the dam not too far downstream as well, so I'm guessing that puts a cap on how far downstream to search

Turcotte’s sister, Andrea Turpin, has posted updates on Facebook about the ongoing search.

Cameras and police K-9s were a dead end for the family, she said. Cameras did show that her vehicle entered the town hall parking lot around 10:30 a.m. the morning she went missing but the cameras did not capture her or anyone else around the vehicle or who was driving the vehicle.

Turcotte’s sister, Andrea Turpin, has posted updates on Facebook about the ongoing search.

Cameras and police K-9s were a dead end for the family, she said. Cameras did show that her vehicle entered the town hall parking lot around 10:30 a.m. the morning she went missing but the cameras did not capture her or anyone else around the vehicle or who was driving the vehicle.
Then, doesn't this tell us that there was NOT another vehicle waiting for her? Apparently, she was not meeting someone. Had she pulled into a blind-spot parking spot, beside another car to transfer into, then would the other vehicle not have been spotted leaving? Interesting. Unless, do we know if there's a way to enter and exit the parking lot that is off camera?

Jan 15 2024 refresher.. rbbm.
"Turcotte is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall with brown hair, brown eyes, and scars on both of her arms.

The Barnstead Police Department on Sunday night was lit up in the color teal, Turcotte’s favorite color, the department said.

“It will remain this way for the time being,” the department wrote in a Facebook post. “BPD Cares!”
1705848667961.png

1705848559466.png

1705848528531.png

The Barnstead Police Dept FB page has posted some updates— not sure I can link it here.

There are photos from a Dollar General (in Barnstead) surveillance camera Jan 4 of her making purchases at 9:18 am and 10:44 am.

There is also a photo of her car found the next evening at 6:30 pm in the Town Hall parking lot. Please note, the photo of the car was just taken yesterday.

Hopefully these pictures and additional information will jog someone’s memory and help find Ashley!

Last edited:
She bought something at 9:18 am and either hung around the area, or drove away and then came back into the store a little over an hour later and bought something else. Hmmm???

What time did she leave home that morning?

I’d like to know if she left home, went to the store and then back home only to go back an hour later. Or was she running errands and out and about.

She does not look happy in those pictures.

Oh Ashley where are you?

IIRC, her keys were found in the car. Do we know if it was locked? Could she have accidentally locked her keys in the car? And then accepted a ride with someone who offered to help?

In the first 2 pictures inside the store, she has her coat on. In the third picture, she does not have her coat on. ??
I was thinking the coat ON pictures were from her 1st visit to the store and the pictures WITHOUT the coat were from the 2nd visit. I also thought maybe she was at a ATM machine, I have no clue on any of this it's just a thought. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back