UK UK - Khasha Smith, 35, Edinburgh, 4 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The last contact her close relatives had was 2 months ago in November

If something has happened to her it could have happened more recently than that.

I don't know why so many people say here and elsewhere say she's been 'missing for 2 months' because it's clearly implied that her parents did not have regular contact with her.
I think the police will have conducted enquiries to see how long she’s been missing - and they have not corrected the record that they believe she’s been missing for 2 months.

I believe they’ll have done door to door enquiries with her neighbours asking when they last saw her - they will have checked things like her bank account usage, mobile phone usage , social media etc.

I feel the fact they have not corrected the ‘2 months missing’ suggests they have evidence to support this theory.

Finally another source for this.
"
Police remain at an Edinburgh block of flats two months after Scots woman Khasha Smith was last heard from...

It comes after forensic officers were spotted searching the flat and containers nearby last week. Kasha is believed to have been living in the property with a partner at the time of her disappearance."

Enquiries are continuing to locate 35-year-old Khasha Smith, missing from Calder Grove, Edinburgh.

Officers have been distributing and pinning up posters in the local area today.

Khasha’s family is extremely concerned for her and are hoping the posters remind people she's still missing and that we are still looking for information which could help us find her.

As enquiries have progressed, we have established that the last known, confirmed sighting of Khasha was Tuesday, 10 October, 2023.

Khasha is around 5ft tall, with a slim build. She has blue eyes and long, blonde hair. She also has tattoos, one which is visible on her right wrist and says ‘Forever’.

She often visits the Gorgie, Broomhouse and Wester Hailes areas.

If anyone has seen Khasha or has any information on where she may have gone, please call us on 101, quoting reference number 3915 of 5 January, 2024.
Look at this post on Facebook Police Scotland Edinburgh

I used to live in Calders so know the area well. I’ve got a lot of friends in common through FB and I’ve also realised I used to work with Khasha mum at Stevenson college. I was reading on Edinburgh live (FB page) and it has a post from yesterday but it’s one of the comments that is very erm dodgy it’s a comment with initials MS

I used to live in Calders so know the area well. I’ve got a lot of friends in common through FB and I’ve also realised I used to work with Khasha mum at Stevenson college. I was reading on Edinburgh live (FB page) and it has a post from yesterday but it’s one of the comments that is very erm dodgy it’s a comment with initials MS

I worked at Edinburgh College knew both Khasha and her mum, this is so awful my thoughts are going out to them both and hope the police can find out what’s happened.

We previously told how murder cops have now taken over the probe as they worked to find a "person of interest" who had gone "off grid".

Last edited:
Last edited:
I’m so utterly dumbfounded that it took over 2 months of this young lady being missing before it was reported by anybody. How could you not be close enough to absolutely anybody that they wouldn’t notice your absence in mere days?! So sad
We don't know what her last communication with her family was. Perhaps it said she needed space, for example, and she'd be in touch in a few weeks. Now, why the person she was apparently living with didn't report her missing is a whole other question.

Family lives are complicated and we don't have anywhere near the whole story. However this plays out, it's not the fault of family or friends, it's the fault of the perpetrator. JMO

It may not have seemed like K had been missing for 2 months. Someone could have constructed a narrative with manipulation, lies, false communications.. K may have been isolated from friends and family, she may have even burned bridges herself due to ultimatums and abuse over many years.. it's very complex and we don't have any of the details. This might not be the case at all, but it's a possibility and an explanation of how these things can and do happen

It could relatively easy for someone to impersonate Khasha in texts. And sadly, with Covid still going around, it's easy to be out of commission with the excuse of being sick. It could have taken a while for the penny to drop that no one had seen/heard from Kasha in quite a while.
moo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper