MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Katheryn Mae Quackenbush (17) was last seen 7/14/81 in Delmar, MD about 150 miles from where UID was found in Aug 1982.

PMI is listed as date of death between ‘72-‘82. I don’t see where Katheryn has been mentioned for UID and they are not excluded on either list.

View attachment 431626View attachment 431632View attachment 431633

Katheryn Mae Quackenbush (17) was last seen 7/14/81 in Delmar, MD about 150 miles from where UID was found in Aug 1982.

PMI is listed as date of death between ‘72-‘82. I don’t see where Katheryn has been mentioned for UID and they are not excluded on either list.

View attachment 431626View attachment 431632View attachment 431633
I've been aware of this match for a while as a friend of mine pointed the match out on Reddit. Not sure if they ever submitted it though... I had always thought that she'd have already been submitted by someone else.

If she hasn’t been submitted, she needs to be. Are you able to reach out to your friend for confirmation? If not, I will submit.

She is not listed as ruled out.

If she hasn’t been submitted, she needs to be. Are you able to reach out to your friend for confirmation? If not, I will submit.

She is not listed as ruled out.
Actually, just checked back on a post they made and she was submitted and LE is aware but haven't tested it? Very frustrating as we don't even know how long they've been aware but it's at least 7 months.

It says that Katheryn's natural hair color was blonde and there's no information about her having any tie to sports.

The Cheerleader had dark brown hair. Other than the one composite, I don't see much of a resemblance. Sometimes all it takes is one thing to rule someone out. I don't think it's Katheryn.

With that being said, I hope they compare her dentals. I've seen someone else mention her in passing on Reddit (I think).

Cynthia Dawn Kinney could be a possibility? at the time of her disappearance, she had just made the varsity cheerleading team:

1365DFOK - Cynthia Dawn Kinney

Cynthia Dawn Kinney – The Charley Project

Someone on Reddit already submitted Cynthia. No response yet.

Side note: I don't think the Cheerleader in the Trunk was actually a cheerleader. Just sounds like a nickname that was given to make her case stand out. The wear on her bones probably indict she lived a productive lifestyle and was physically pushing herself.

Cynthia Dawn Kinney could be a possibility? at the time of her disappearance, she had just made the varsity cheerleading team:

1365DFOK - Cynthia Dawn Kinney

Cynthia Dawn Kinney – The Charley Project

Cynthia is now believed to be a victim of Dennis Rader AKA the BTK killer, so I don't think she's this Jane Doe

Have you ever considered Tammy Mahoney? she looks like the reconstruction of Cheerleader in the Trunk created by NCMEC.

1026DFNY - Tammy Mahoney

I’m actually from the town where Mahoney disappeared from, and according to my mom it’s been heavily believed that she’s buried on the reservation near where she disappeared, but it’s still definitely worth a shot

Seeing that Cheerleader in the Trunk could have even been 45 years old makes me wonder if Patricia Girou could match:

3280DFMO - Patricia Girou

It was previously believed that she could've been up to 45-years-old, but the NCMEC has said that she's more likely 17-27. I'm not sure about Girou being a suitable candidate

She matches up very closely in all attributes including age, weight, height, hair, forehead, jaw, and timeline to Judith Anne Brown. I posted some info on that forum. The dental especially. Please note the picture of the teeth may seem a little graphic. A "V" shaped bite and significant overbite.

Attachments

• Brown_NY_1977b (2).jpg
    Brown_NY_1977b (2).jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 31
  • trunk lady 2.JPG
    trunk lady 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 31
  • trunk lady.JPG
    trunk lady.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
Missing: Judith Anne Brown

Case: Missing

Nickname: Judy

Missing From: Queens, New York

Missing Date: April 6, 1977

Race: Caucasian Sex: Female

Age at Time Missing: 19 years

Height: 5’4″ (per family)

Weight: 125 lbs. (per family)

Hair Color: Sandy blonde hair or light brown per some pics (Medium to shoulder-length)

Eye Color: Green

I have contacted both NYPD and Namus with my findings and suggested they do a DNA on Frederick trunk lady.

Last edited:
DNA in the case can only go so far. Right now Jane Doe can only be ID'd through dental work. There have been no updates on whether or not DNA is attainable; there's even confusion on whether or not her remains have been cremated.
Wow thanks. Hard to believe they didn't keep hair samples? They use to do that long before DNA was a thing. Also, there was the chest. Police need to research it hard and see what's available. Her cousin may be able to add some input and family DNA is available if I read correctly. I did copy him on this maybe he can push NYPD and MD for some answers. Resemblance in the teeth was uncanny. How many people have an ingrown (more correctly - impacted) tooth on the lower front row towards the tongue? Both of these people did. Hope some progress can be made.

Last edited:
Oh my. When Judith was 7, her father was hit by an auto and left bed ridden and then permanently mentally and physically handicapped. Judith's mother had to work and become the bread winner and after her two older siblings left as soon as they were old enough, Judy become the primary care giver for her father and 5 younger siblings including a baby that was born when Judith was only 10. Can you imagine the bending and lifting involved with chores and raising 5 younger kids and assisting her father. Imagine being 11 and lugging around a 20 pound baby. And young bones do not respond well to hard manual work as my Chiropractor can attest - I have pelvis and spine damage to moving furniture in my early teen years. Could well explain the damage and wear on the pelvis on this Jane Doe. Judy was a child with the weight of the world on her shoulders. Bless her heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back