Michael Meyden, 57, arrested for drugging his daughter's three 12 year old friends with a benzodiazepine during sleepover last summer (2023)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In all of the articles I have read about this case none have mentioned the mother in any of the party activities.
Same here. It seems he was home alone with the girls. All I could find is Meyden and his wife divorced late last year; they owned a home in Lake Oswego at the time of the sleepover.

Same here. It seems he was home alone with the girls. All I could find is Meyden and his wife divorced late last year; they owned a home in Lake Oswego at the time of the sleepover.

Yep. I have a lot of questions about why charges weren't pressed last year. Strange.

I can only guess Mom wanted to get divorce finances and possible relocation finalized before charges and resulting fireworks went public.
Divorce proceedings shouldn't hold up charges being pressed against an adult man who drugged three minor girls under his care, presumably with very bad intentions beyond that. Family court and criminal court are completely separate.

MOO

Divorce proceedings shouldn't hold up charges being pressed against an adult man who drugged three minor girls under his care, presumably with very bad intentions beyond that. Family court and criminal court are completely separate.

MOO
Perhaps I wasn't clear in my post. I was thinking of the trauma Mom and daughter might have been going through during the time of the drugging incident and divorce.

Mom may have chosen not to press charges until she safely relocated residence and settled divorce terms and finances.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my post. I was thinking of the trauma Mom and daughter might have been going through during the time of the drugging incident and divorce.

Mom may have chosen not to press charges until she safely relocated residence and settled divorce terms and finances.
His wife would not hold the strings to delay charges for his crimes against the other 3 children.

Somebody dropped the ball here... 6 months later? DO BETTER OREGON.

Girls at Sleepover Were Allegedly Drugged by 12-Year-Old's Dad: 'I Don't Feel Safe'
[BBM]
"The girls said sometime between 9 and 11 p.m., Meyden delivered mango smoothies with white chunks in them to the girls and encouraged them to drink them, even making a second drink when one of the girls complained about the taste, the girls reportedly claimed to police. Investigators later alleged in a probable cause affidavit that Meyden gave the girls benzodiazepine, according to the newspaper."

Also, in a previous article:
Oregon man spiked smoothies for daughter's 12-year-old friends with sedatives, affidavit says
[BBM]
"One girl drank two cups, and another girl drank one cup and a third said she did not like the smoothies and barely drank any at all."

"According to the affidavit, two girls slept on a pullout couch in the basement, while two others slept in a bedroom in the basement. The third girl, who didn’t drink much of the smoothie, reported that Meyden came downstairs more than once. She had been sleeping close to another girl and said Meyden tried to physically separate the two, the document stated."
Ok, so now the colored straws make sense. Meyden wanted the two girls on the pullout couch drugged, but apparently not the two in the bedroom (which I assume included his own daughter).

dbm

Last edited:
What a vile man. Not only did he harm young innocent girls, how is his daughter supposed to ever trust her father? I hope he hasn’t harmed her over the years. This angers me. They should have enjoyed a night lying in bed talking until they all fell asleep or whatever it is that preteen girls do these days at sleepovers. It definitely wasn’t this.

12yo hero here, keeping her cool enough to see what was going on & text/ask for immediate help. Not that she ever should have had to endure any kind of scenario like this. But, her actions potentially saved herself & her friends.

And, yet, I'm sure all of these children will carry this trauma with them throughout their lives.

I don't know Oregon laws but seeing as how it has taken half a year to bring charges & the guy is already out on bail, I don't have a lot of hope that he will be convicted or serve much of a sentence if convicted. I'm not even sure if laws would encompass him needing to be tracked on an offender's list since the hero girl thwarted his (seeming) intended actions. He's a menace to all children who may be around him, now & in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he later tries to follow through on similar intentions. MOO.

Last edited:
This is a wildly disturbing case. Ca you image how devastated his daughter is or had to have been !
Like why? What was his intentions by that? Had to be something on his mind that made him feel as if this was a good idea .
We could hope he just wanted them to go to sleep and not be loud ,but then there is no need to reposition the girls apart.
6 months doesnt seem to long IMO ,tox results, interviewing the girls checking for past prescription information ,also the prosecutors might have wanted to use info that came out in court to see if any other evidence showed up . Something that would maybe lead to other charges? I dunno but he does seem to be on his way to becoming SO ,so he should have that label if he deserves one .

This is terrifying. As a parent myself I couldn't imagine getting a text like that during the night from my child. Thank goodness the girl was awake and could text for help. This could have escalated into something else even more horrific imo

What in the world has this man done? It's a relief none of the 12 year old victims were physically harmed because the emotional trauma promises to be brutal. Now, his daughter will be lost for a while. Where will she go and with whom?

Michael Meyden chopped benzodiazepine into their mango smoothies. He left white chunks of it visible. How twisted is that?

As for the delay in arresting him, it is odd it took so long but it's good none of the girls were physically assaulted after he drugged them.

Ex of benzos: Xanax. Diazapan. Valium.

12yo hero here, keeping her cool enough to see what was going on & text/ask for immediate help. Not that she ever should have had to endure any kind of scenario like this. But, her actions potentially saved herself & her friends.

And, yet, I'm sure all of these children will carry this trauma with them throughout their lives.

I don't know Oregon laws but seeing as how it has taken half a year to bring charges & the guy is already out on bail, I don't have a lot of hope that he will be convicted or serve much of a sentence if convicted. I'm not even sure if laws would encompass him needing to be tracked on an offender's list since the hero girl thwarted his (seeming) intended actions. He's a menace to all children who may be around him, now & in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if he later tries to follow through on similar intentions. MOO.
Sexual assault during sleepovers is very common. Most victims know their abuser-- a family member or trusted family friend. Or the parents of your child's friends. You can try to vet the parents, but what about the uncle who stops by, or the older brother, or mom's boyfriend? A parent needs to account for every person in the household the entire night, that can be difficult.

IMHO Personally, sleepovers have been a no-no for our child ever since I've read about how easily sexual assaults can happen years ago. I definitely got some weird looks from other moms when we had to decline invites but I didn't care. Your child is in the same class as mine, therefore I should automatically trust you with my unconscious kid overnight? I had to explain our family does "sleep-under" PJ parties, and my kid will enjoy the party and at 10pm I will pick them up to sleep at home. This is becoming more socially acceptable and I'm glad. It would be a huge RED FLAG if I suggested a "sleep-under" and the host parents reacted badly/emotionally hurt by the suggestion that I don't trust them.

Yes to all of what you said. This guy seems brazen. IMHO he has likely already drugged his own daughter and is now comfortable trying it on other children.

Sexual abuse is not taken seriously enough in our country, and I also share your concern that "dad" won't be punished. Or put on a list.

This is a wildly disturbing case. Ca you image how devastated his daughter is or had to have been !
Like why? What was his intentions by that? Had to be something on his mind that made him feel as if this was a good idea .
We could hope he just wanted them to go to sleep and not be loud ,but then there is no need to reposition the girls apart.
6 months doesnt seem to long IMO ,tox results, interviewing the girls checking for past prescription information ,also the prosecutors might have wanted to use info that came out in court to see if any other evidence showed up . Something that would maybe lead to other charges? I dunno but he does seem to be on his way to becoming SO ,so he should have that label if he deserves one .
Nah, there is no false hope that this guy just wanted them to be "quiet".
We can try to explain away odd behavior, but this was a criminal action to incapacitate children, and he proved his intentions repeatedly by touching and moving an unconscious minor.
And he planned this in advance.
-The self-titled "spa day" to make him look like a devoted father, getting their nails done.
-The drugs acquired in advance.
-The dosages determined in advance (another reason I think he has done this before).
-The method of distribution (A drink appealing to the girls but opaque enough to hide the drugs).
-The method of victim organization/identification (specific colored straws).

And, most disturbingly, the guest list was also planned in advance. He may have already had his eye on one of her friends before he planned this "spa day".
"Why don't you invite Ashelynn? You are friends with her, right?"

Sexual assault during sleepovers is very common. Most victims know their abuser-- a family member or trusted family friend. Or the parents of your child's friends. You can try to vet the parents, but what about the uncle who stops by, or the older brother, or mom's boyfriend? A parent needs to account for every person in the household the entire night, that can be difficult.

IMHO Personally, sleepovers have been a no-no for our child ever since I've read about how easily sexual assaults can happen years ago. I definitely got some weird looks from other moms when we had to decline invites but I didn't care. Your child is in the same class as mine, therefore I should automatically trust you with my unconscious kid overnight? I had to explain our family does "sleep-under" PJ parties, and my kid will enjoy the party and at 10pm I will pick them up to sleep at home. This is becoming more socially acceptable and I'm glad. It would be a huge RED FLAG if I suggested a "sleep-under" and the host parents reacted badly/emotionally hurt by the suggestion that I don't trust them.

Yes to all of what you said. This guy seems brazen. IMHO he has likely already drugged his own daughter and is now comfortable trying it on other children.

Sexual abuse is not taken seriously enough in our country, and I also share your concern that "dad" won't be punished. Or put on a list.

I don't think there's any chance he will have to register as a sex offender, we all know what his intent was but he didn't get the chance to act on it, which is a massive blessing, but sadly its also a curse because there's no way to prove intent so there was no actual sexual crime, which is infuriating and very dangerous imo

These loopholes that prevent sickos having to register as a SO have just possibly cost a little girl her life in Texas and I'm sure there are more if we look :(:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back