GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The maximum prison stay for the crime is 15 years. But the minimum sentence set by the judge on April 9 will be critical because the Crumbleys would be eligible for parole consideration after that time. They will get credit for about 2 1/2 years spent in the Oakland County jail since their arrest.

In their filing, prosecutors disclosed that Jennifer Crumbley, 46, is hoping to avoid prison and instead be fitted with an electronic tether and live with her attorney, Shannon Smith. They said James Crumbley, 47, too, is hoping to be released.

The maximum prison stay for the crime is 15 years. But the minimum sentence set by the judge on April 9 will be critical because the Crumbleys would be eligible for parole consideration after that time. They will get credit for about 2 1/2 years spent in the Oakland County jail since their arrest.

In their filing, prosecutors disclosed that Jennifer Crumbley, 46, is hoping to avoid prison and instead be fitted with an electronic tether and live with her attorney, Shannon Smith. They said James Crumbley, 47, too, is hoping to be released.
I think I’d rather stay in prison than live with that atty!

I think I’d rather stay in prison than live with that atty!

I wonder if Jennifer's attorney will keep in close contact with her during her jail sentence and then house her when she's out.

For parole she would need a specific place to live and her attorney could provide that.

Sounds like the attorney got herself emotionally and somewhat personally involved in Jennifer's life. It isn't every day your attorney lets you live with them but I have to wonder if her attorney will feel this generous in the future.

2 and 1/2 years already served which wouldn't be the case had Jennifer been out on bond. Now she gets 2 and 1/2 years of prison credit.

7 years = 4 and 1/2 years.

Serving 2 and 1/2 years more gives her 5 years then likely parole after 5 years so she might not be in prison very long.

I hope it isn't more than that because the State got what they wanted and now it's just punitive.

2 Cents

Every criminal hopes for anything BUT going to prison. Not the way it works.

Did her attorney offer her a place to live?

Every criminal hopes for anything BUT going to prison. Not the way it works.

Did her attorney offer her a place to live?

Yes, in her guest house.

“I have been in jail for over 26 months and have been locked down 23 hours per day,” she added. “I am hopeful the Court will sentence me in a way that allows me to be released for the balance of my sentence. I do have an Oakland County address where I could live and be placed on a tether with house arrest.”

Jennifer Crumbley asked that she be placed under house arrest in her defense attorney’s home, according to prosecutors. Smith, her attorney, notified the court that Crumbley could stay in her guest house for the duration of her sentence, according to the memorandum.

Last edited:

Court documents allege threats, lack of remorse​

In a rare move, Prosecutors released excerpts of the pre-sentencing investigation reports publicly.

James Crumbley ... His jail calls show a total lack of remorse, he blames everyone but himself, and he threatened the elected Prosecutor. He has repeatedly said he is being persecuted and has referred to himself as a martyr.

After he could no longer express his threats through jail calls because his privileges were revoked, he chose to gesture his middle finger toward the prosecution in the middle of the trial.

He argues he should be released from prison after the time he has already served, saying "I am wrongly accused, and now wrongly convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter.”

He says Ethan always appeared to be a very stable individual and never voiced anything to me that anything was bothering him. I followed the law and took gun safety to the point as needed. My gun was hidden in a location that, until I found out differently, only I knew of.

Jennifer Crumbley ... prosecutors pointed to the statement she made on the stand ... “I’ve asked myself if I would have done anything differently, and I wouldn’t have.”

And in one of her jail calls she stated, “I wouldn’t do anything different.”

Last edited:

** WARNING: The threats made by James were graphic ** (sentencing memo)

"Defendant has repeatedly referred to the prosecutor as ‘that fu--ing stupid wh--e b--ch,’ and he has addressed his comments directly to her."
  • Oct. 9, 2023 jail call:
  • "Yeah, Karen McDonald, you’re going down. Yeah. You stupid b--ches at the jail. Go ahead, record this call, send it to Karen McDonald. Tell her how James Crumbley is going to fu----- take her down."
  • Dec. 6, jail call:
  • "Well, she’s going to be fu----- sucking on a fu----- hot rock down in hell soon."
  • Dec. 20, 2023 jail call:
  • "Yeah, fu----- Karen McDonald. You’re fu---d when I get out."
  • Dec. 23, 2023 jail call:
  • "There will be retribution, believe me."
  • Jan. 3, jail call:
  • "I am fu----- on a rampage, Karen. Yes, Karen McDonald. Your *advertiser censored* is going down and you better be fu----- scared."

Last edited:

"Defendant has repeatedly referred to the prosecutor as ‘that fu--ing stupid wh--e b--ch,’ and he has addressed his comments directly to her."
  • "Yeah, Karen McDonald, you’re going down. Yeah. You stupid b--ches at the jail. Go ahead, record this call, send it to Karen McDonald. Tell her how James Crumbley is going to fu----- take her down."
  • Dec. 6, jail call:
  • "Well, she’s going to be fu----- sucking on a fu----- hot rock down in hell soon."
  • Jan. 3, jail call:
  • "I am fu----- on a rampage, Karen. Yes, Karen McDonald. Your *advertiser censored* is going down and you better be fu----- scared."
What an idiot. What is he thinking…..

Last night I was reading about teenager Brenda Spencer (San Diego 1979) who was one of the first school shooters (the song “I Don’t Like Mondays” was written based on it). She came from a broken tumultuous home life). She had been in an alternative school due to truancy and had been diagnosed as depressed but the father refused treatment for her. She was arrested for shooting windows and birds in her neighborhood with a BB gun. Anyways, with all of that going on, he gives her a .22 caliber gun for Christmas 12/78. The next month, 1/79, she shoots at the elementary school across from her house and kills 2 adults, wounds 8 kids. Still in prison to this day.

Id think if this happened now, the father would definitely be charged like the Crumbleys. It’s sad to look back 45 years though to see how a school shooting was so unheard of and now I can’t even keep up with how many we have had since then.

In Michigan, if you are sentenced to 15 years, it is very likely you will serve the full 15 years, or very close to it. I don't think either of them will be candidates for parole, anyway. The threats James made (what a moron), Jennifer's statements on the stand, I don't picture either of them being model prisoners. I think Jennifer is delusional if she thinks she's going to be living in her attorney's guest house. Her next home will be the Huron Valley Correctional Center.

MOO

What an idiot. What is he thinking…..

At least she is safe while he is locked up but some day he will be out and she then should take precautions accordingly. James was not just a couple times blowing off steam. Seems close to obsession over revenge and shows he has poor impulse control and no control over his temper.

Makes no sense Jennifer would be locked up in solitary confinement, I think she exaggerates it. If true, her attorney would file a motion over it, as I have seen from other cases.

2 Cents

In Michigan, if you are sentenced to 15 years, it is very likely you will serve the full 15 years, or very close to it. I don't think either of them will be candidates for parole, anyway. The threats James made (what a moron), Jennifer's statements on the stand, I don't picture either of them being model prisoners. I think Jennifer is delusional if she thinks she's going to be living in her attorney's guest house. Her next home will be the Huron Valley Correctional Center.

MOO
Does her attorney share her delusion?

Does her attorney share her delusion?

Her attorney is the one getting her hopes up over staying in her guest house. And her attorney is the one who asked her on the stand if she "would do anything different."

And I believe her attorney counseled her on how to answer that question.

So yes, her attorney feeds in to Jennifer's delusions.

2 Cents

What an idiot. What is he thinking
My sentiments exactly! Did it say who he was talking to when he said these things? I can't imagine who it would be. Doesn't seem like he had a solid male "best friend", so I'm guessing a relative? He wouldn't say things like that to his dad, would he? Ha, could've been his ex-wife, that would be interesting, especially since she bad-mouthed him to national news media after his arrest. I really hope it wasn't his other son, Ethan's half-brother.

My sentiments exactly! Did it say who he was talking to when he said these things? I can't imagine who it would be. Doesn't seem like he had a solid male "best friend", so I'm guessing a relative? He wouldn't say things like that to his dad, would he? Ha, could've been his ex-wife, that would be interesting, especially since she bad-mouthed him to national news media after his arrest. I really hope it wasn't his other son, Ethan's half-brother.

It was mentioned that Jennifer talks on the phone with her dad so maybe one person James talks to is his father-in-law.

I can't imagine what her attorney is thinking. And is it not considered unethical and unprofessionel for an attorney to favor some clients with special personal offers? (I know it's happened before in high profile cases, but it's gross, IMO).

• Dec. 6, jail call:
  • Jan. 3, jail call:
No wonder the shooter ended up on this trajectory. With that kind of role model, the kid never had a chance.

I can't imagine what her attorney is thinking. And is it not considered unethical and unprofessionel for an attorney to favor some clients with special personal offers? (I know it's happened before in high profile cases, but it's gross, IMO).
Shannon Smith has four young children (the oldest might be in her early teens). I can't imagine anyone wanting Jennifer Crumbley near their children. I hope a Judge would not allow such an arrangement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ME-
Back