GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen and both parents guilty* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shannon Smith has four young children (the oldest might be in her early teens). I can't imagine anyone wanting Jennifer Crumbley near their children. I hope a Judge would not allow such an arrangement.
Hi, BDEyes!. IMO, MOO Jennifer shouldn't be near anybody!

IMO:
Shannon Smith must think that JC would be such a good influence on her children,the perfect role model.
I'm sure Cali can't wait to monitor JC's actions,eh?
Smith knows this is DOA yet maybe she offered it to JC as a limp carrot because if JC appeals her conviction Smith's inept,unprofessional and humiliating behavior before the jury could be included in the motion?

Michigan's

'Interstate Compact Agreement Information'​

Did Smith promise Marc Keast that she'll remove all kitchen knives from the guest house? /s

Hi, BDEyes!. IMO, MOO Jennifer shouldn't be near anybody!
Shannon Smith's law practice is in Bloomfield Hills, and I'm guessing that she probably lives there, as well. Bloomfield Hills is a neighboring community (I'm in Rochester Hills), and I would not want Jennifer Crumbley living so close to me. I'll bet neighbors of Shannon Smith wouldn't want JC anywhere near them, either. I don't know who hatched the foolish fantasy to place Jennifer Crumbley on house arrest in a residence owned by her defense attorney, but I hope that the Judge does not allow this preposterous arrangement.

Last edited:
Shannon Smith's law practice is in Bloomfield Hills, and I'm guessing that she probably lives there, as well. Bloomfield Hills is a neighboring community (I'm in Rochester Hills), and I would not want Jennifer Crumbley living so close to me. I'll bet neighbors of Shannon Smith wouldn't want JC anywhere near them, either. I don't know whose foolish fantasy it is to place Jennifer Crumbley on house arrest in a residence owned by her defense attorney, but I hope that the Judge does not allow this preposterous arrangement.
It's disturbing enough merely as a concept.

Boundaries! Hello.

I've never seen anything like it.

JMO

My speculation is that JC's attorney wants to go into the sentencing hearing prepared to state to the Court that JC has a place to live and so placement in the community for part of her sentence isn't dismissed based solely on the fact that she has no money, no job, and thus nowhere to live.

With regard to attorney-client boundaries, I agree that it is unusual and not a choice that most attorneys would make, but it does happen and isn't against any professional ethics necessarily, depending on other details about the living arrangement and relationship with the client. It happens in many professions, but is unusual, and if it was a temporary arrangement, then I think it would have a better chance of success for JC and her attorney, but not sure the judge would decide on a temporary arrangement until JC would be able to find something more permanent. That would be hard for JC who would likely be tethered and on house arrest. I assume that her father and/or another family member is not able to support JC with regard to housing so the attorney stepped in.

If JC would be living in a guest house on the property, then I don't think the children who live in the main house would have much interaction with her. And with regard to the community, there are likely individuals living in the community who are way more dangerous to the community than JC.

Shannon Smith's law practice is in Bloomfield Hills, and I'm guessing that she probably lives there, as well. Bloomfield Hills is a neighboring community (I'm in Rochester Hills), and I would not want Jennifer Crumbley living so close to me. I'll bet neighbors of Shannon Smith wouldn't want JC anywhere near them, either. I don't know who hatched the foolish fantasy to place Jennifer Crumbley on house arrest in a residence owned by her defense attorney, but I hope that the Judge does not allow this preposterous arrangement.
"I don't know who hatched this...." I'm betting Casey A. suggested it. You know why!

Hey, a girl can dream, right? I don't think there is any chance whatsoever the judge would consider some sort of home confinement for Jennifer. Four guilty charges of involuntary manslaughter does not equal home confinement, IMO.

The sentencing code is pretty clear. This site actually mentions this case.

Code SectionsMichigan Penal Code 750.321
A.K.A."Criminally negligent homicide"
What Is Prohibited?Unintentionally killing another person that results from recklessness or criminal negligence, or from an unlawful act that is a misdemeanor or low-level felony (such as DUI)
Criminal PenaltyFelony, up to 15 years in prison, a fine up to $7500, or both.

IMO:
Shannon Smith must think that JC would be such a good influence on her children,the perfect role model.
I'm sure Cali can't wait to monitor JC's actions,eh?
Smith knows this is DOA yet maybe she offered it to JC as a limp carrot because if JC appeals her conviction Smith's inept,unprofessional and humiliating behavior before the jury could be included in the motion?

Michigan's

'Interstate Compact Agreement Information'​

LOL!
Totally irrelevant post.
I saw "Oakland County" and thought of Oakland California.
Oakland County MI.

It's disturbing enough merely as a concept.

Boundaries! Hello.

I've never seen anything like it.

JMO
Besides providing (presumably) free accommodations, would Shannon Smith also provide Jennifer with food, clothing, health care, medications, etc.? How would this work? In a prison facility, JC would get three meals daily and have access to any health care needs she might have. Who would provide for her if she's allowed to live in the community? Would she be able to work? Would she be allowed to consume alcohol, smoke pot, etc.? I don't see how any of this is plausible. JMO

Besides providing (presumably) free accommodations, would Shannon Smith also provide Jennifer with food, clothing, health care, medications, etc.? How would this work? In a prison facility, JC would get three meals daily and have access to any health care needs she might have. Who would provide for her if she's allowed to live in the community? Would she be able to work? Would she be allowed to consume alcohol, smoke pot, etc.? I don't see how any of this is plausible. JMO

House arrest is very strict. No drugs or alcohol and being drug tested, usually must hold a job, can only leave for work, medical, necessary things, not for entertainment or to go visiting...etc...She could have people visit her.

Her employment would pay for her groceries and she is responsible for her own medical care. Her attorney doesn't have to take care of her. Being in her attorney's guest house would be basically the same as being confined to her own house - if she still owned her house.

She would need a car, that would be the problem. Would her attorney have to drive her around? Is her car in a storage lot?

2 Cents

I don't remember this being mentioned at either trial.
It's obviously important for Marc Keast to include it in the Crumpley's sentencing document.

"In addition, the prosecution it is important for her to be sentenced based on correct information, but she blatantly lied in her presentencing interview, when she said she only used alcohol one to two times per week.

"Keast said that pictures of the Crumbley family home showed several empty liquor bottles, and he said receipts show that 18 bottles of whiskey and vodka were purchased from the same store by Jennifer and/or James in less than a month."

Last edited:
Her attorney is the one getting her hopes up over staying in her guest house. And her attorney is the one who asked her on the stand if she "would do anything different."

And I believe her attorney counseled her on how to answer that question.

So yes, her attorney feeds in to Jennifer's delusions.

2 Cents

The other statement (via text) she made that was just as damming as “she wouldn’t do anything different” was the text to EC “just don’t get caught”.

That boldly implies that he was doing something wrong and she was approving it. That clearly highlighted the quality of their parenting in the home. Imo

My sentiments exactly! Did it say who he was talking to when he said these things? I can't imagine who it would be. Doesn't seem like he had a solid male "best friend", so I'm guessing a relative? He wouldn't say things like that to his dad, would he? Ha, could've been his ex-wife, that would be interesting, especially since she bad-mouthed him to national news media after his arrest. I really hope it wasn't his other son, Ethan's half-brother.

Detroit All Local

Detroit All Local

Claim

James Crumbley allegedly told sister he would 'destroy' Prosecutor Karen McDonald

Her attorney is the one getting her hopes up over staying in her guest house. And her attorney is the one who asked her on the stand if she "would do anything different."

And I believe her attorney counseled her on how to answer that question.

So yes, her attorney feeds in to Jennifer's delusions.

2 Cents
Shannon Smith=clueless

Shannon Smith reminds me a lot of Iris Eytan, Barry Morphew's laywer. They both defend "wronged men" cases, and they both could create bother in an empty room. Iris is just more effective with it.

Granted, Shannon Smith didn't have much to work with, representing Larry Nassar. (MI State/US Gymnastics case) She made some very questionable statements regarding the victims in that case, IIRC.

Good article that covers much of Smith begging Judge Matthews with her alternate universe offensive claims.

JC's father said she can live with them under house arrest.

"The victims and their families have suffered beyond what words can explain," Smith argues in her sentencing memo but adds: "Mrs. Crumbley has also suffered significantly."

"She in reality has lost everything," Smith maintains. "And she is saddled with extra baggage knowing the horrific acts her son did to others and always second guessing every choice she made as a parent."

Good article that covers much of Smith begging Judge Matthews with her alternate universe offensive claims.

JC's father said she can live with them under house arrest.

"The victims and their families have suffered beyond what words can explain," Smith argues in her sentencing memo but adds: "Mrs. Crumbley has also suffered significantly."

"She in reality has lost everything," Smith maintains. "And she is saddled with extra baggage knowing the horrific acts her son did to others and always second guessing every choice she made as a parent."

"Second guessing"???? I didn't hear ANY of that. I just heard would not change anything. MOO is harsh, but she deserves the very best the state prison has to offer. Plenty of companionship to commiserate with.

"Second guessing"???? I didn't hear ANY of that. I just heard would not change anything. MOO is harsh, but she deserves the very best the state prison has to offer. Plenty of companionship to commiserate with.
Along with JC's relatives and pastor (lol) did Smith also get a letter from JC's best friend in jail, Megan,to write a letter in support of JC's character and beg Matthews for leniency?
Knowing Smith it actually wouldn't surprise me. lol

Jennifer Crumbley's convicted killer 'best friend' is kicked ...
The Independent
https://www.the-independent.com › ... › US Crime News

Jan 26, 2024 — Megan Imirowicz called Ms Crumbley her 'best friend' after the pair spent time together in the same Michigan prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back