OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Back then... we had to bring radios in to work to hear the trial...
I soooo remember crying when that verdict was read.
Agree. I was with work friends at lunch in a packed restaurant across from my company, when the verdict came out. Stunning is a gross understatement. And the people who were cheering. And in this case, at this restaurant, those cheering were mostly men.
I was very naive back then. Not so much anymore.
That verdict certainly opened my eyes to the world of injustice.
I will never forget it. I still feel outraged.
JMO

I've never read that book, but I might. I'd forgotten that Ron Goldman's family won the rights to that book, so collected the profits.

I have the book. I watched an interview last night, I wish I could remember on what channel where he discussed the book. He is so very guilty.IMO

There was a book written by a Private Investigator, William C. Dear, that believed his son did it, and OJ covered for him.

Book: O.J. Is Innocent and I Can Prove It: The Shocking Truth about the Murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman

They have this book at my local library!

Do you know if OJ was ever tested for CTE?
Good question. The family would have to request an autopsy to determine whether or not OJ suffered from CTE.

Diagnosis and Treatment​

At this time, no treatment for CTE is available. Researchers are conducting studies to better understand the development, progression, risk factors and diagnosis of this condition. CTE is only diagnosed definitively by studying brain tissue after death. Investigators are working to identify methods and biomarkers that would allow health care professionals to diagnose CTE In living subjects.

Good question. The family would have to request an autopsy to determine whether or not OJ suffered from CTE.

Diagnosis and Treatment​

At this time, no treatment for CTE is available. Researchers are conducting studies to better understand the development, progression, risk factors and diagnosis of this condition. CTE is only diagnosed definitively by studying brain tissue after death. Investigators are working to identify methods and biomarkers that would allow health care professionals to diagnose CTE In living subjects.
Ahh I did not know it was only available after death. Thank you

Shock is an understatement that I felt when he was found "Not Guilty". I know that the prosecution made mistakes - and the whole glove fiasco... But, I am not held to the legal standards that a jury is held to. I think he is/was guilty. I think his fame and attorney got him off. I believe he will find his ultimate judgment now. Rest peacefully Ron and Nicole. He cannot physically hurt anyone ever again

The only way to know if OJ suffered from CTE is to do an autopsy to examine his brain. There isn't any other way, as far as I know. If I had to guess, I would say he probably did suffer from CTE.

Fred Goldman has every right to feel as he does. I hope that his legal team are able to find any money that OJ may have secreted away. I hope OJ's passing brings him and his family the peace that they deserve.

I feel terrible today for OJ's family because they didn't deserve the hatred they are getting because of their father's actions. I hope they are able to grieve in peace.

IMHO

OJ Simpson could only have got away with those murders if he'd committed them in the early 1990's, in Los Angeles. Which is just what he did!

If DNA evidence had been taken as seriously in criminal justice then as it is now, he would have been bang to rights. It wouldn't matter if the glove didn't fit, or the main police guy was recorded on tape saying the word that begins with an 'N' and ends with a hard 'R' more times than a Quentin Tarantino movie starring Samuel L. Jackson.

JMO

I worked in LE back when the trial was going on, we watched every day. I can honestly say that if I were seated on the jury I would have found him not guility as well, not because I'm convinced of his innocence but because of the shoddy crime scene investigation. The evidence handling in this case was horrible from hour 1 and the case was made into a LE how to of WHAT NOT TO DO.

I remember being stunned by the verdict, as well. What a time that was.

I never was one to follow football, but I do recall how it seemed once upon a time everyone loved OJ the player and sports celebrity. He was seen as so talented a player, and I think he was seen as personable and likable.

OJ may have been acquitted, but I think most of us believe he is guilty of murdering Nicole and Ron. He may have “gotten away with it”, but in the aftermath, I like to think that his life was a sad one to him, to not be beloved by the public anymore, a virtual pariah, even. I think he basked in that image many had had of him, so to be denied that was at least that littlest bit of justice.

An aside: I’m remembering in the 1970s my sister got a kitten and named it OJ because it was the funniest-looking kitten with a football-shaped head. And my sister was a big football fan. (The poor thing didn’t live long. My mom accidentally ran over him! :eek: Must’ve been bad karma for naming him OJ. :( Yes, it was awful.)

What do you mean by his victims? He was found not guilty.
Being found not guilty doesn’t mean he is innocent. It means the jury didn’t find enough evidence to convict him.
<modsnip - rude, inappropriate quoted post removed, so response was as well.>
~~~~
I’m stuck between I wouldn’t wish cancer in my enemy and I hope he felt everything bit of pain & fear he made Nicole & Ron feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC the individual was found not guilty in a criminal court. That same individual however, was found guilty in a civil court and a wrongful death judgment was entered against him. As noted earlier up thread I believe, the difference is related to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt vs. a preponderance of the evidence. MOO

OJ was found not guilty + is considered a victim.
He was found responsible for the two deaths in the civil trial.

New evidence also hurt Simpson, including photographs of him wearing the type of shoes that had left bloody footprints at the murder scene.

After the civil case, some of Simpson's belongings, including memorabilia from his football days, were taken and auctioned off to help pay the damages he owed.

"We finally have justice for Ron and Nicole," Fred Goldman, Ron Goldman's father, said after the verdict.

It's sad all the way around. In the end, it's OJ who brought such pain upon his loved ones. Things would have been much different if he had accepted that his wife needed a divorce, to extract herself from an extremely violent marriage. Those children were very damaged when they had to experience their father breaking into their mother's home on more than one occasion to beat her.[/URL]
Things would have been even more different if he hadn't abused her to begin with! I've heard that a major factor in his first divorce was also abuse, and that it happened even before their toddler daughter died, which was a coffin nail in the marriage.

I have also heard (and it's not hard to find information backing this up) that his father was a transvestite and a male prostitute. Imagine growing up like that in the 1950s; it would have to do awful things to a family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC
Back