OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree. I was with work friends at lunch in a packed restaurant across from my company, when the verdict came out. Stunning is a gross understatement. And the people who were cheering. And in this case, at this restaurant, those cheering were mostly men.
I was very naive back then. Not so much anymore.
That verdict certainly opened my eyes to the world of injustice.
I will never forget it. I still feel outraged.
JMO
<modsnip>

Like I probably said earlier, the only person I have spoken to who said they thought he didn't do it was someone who thought his older son did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE STOP! Stop with the discussions about Cailtlyn Jenner or other cases. This is about O.J. You can discuss the trial and O.J. as a person but please do not stray off topic ok?
Thank you

Thread is open. Zero tolerance from here on out. Responding to someone who is disruptive is also disruptive.

Looks like the DM has yet to learn it's lesson.
Simpson's estate could try suing for defamation due to him not being convicted of killing his wife.

'OJ Simpson dead at 76 after cancer battle: Football star turned wife killer died at home 'surrounded by family'​

Not a fan of DM but they told the truth here, they didn't say he was convicted of it.

Defamation of Character Lawsuit?
Looks like the DM has yet to learn it's lesson.
Simpson's estate could try suing for defamation due to him not being convicted of killing his wife.

'OJ Simpson dead at 76 after cancer battle: Football star turned wife killer died at home 'surrounded by family'​

@Izzylizzy
In case nobody has responded to ^this.^
in US, under (most/all?) state tort laws, the DEAD CANNOT BE DEFAMED.

Not a particularly authoratative source, but FWIW:
"Q: Is it possible to libel a dead person?
A: No. While a person’s estate can continue to pursue a libel claim filed by a person before his death, in America only a living person can initiate a defamation claim for damages to their reputation."
"Every week, Student Press Law Center attorneys answer a frequently asked question about student media law in “Ask SPLC.”

I found a couple law firm websites addressing this issue w same conclusion, but if anyone wants further info, I'll search for applicable statute. Lemme know.

In Civil Trial, Was O.J. actually found liable ex-wife's DEATH?

According to this below, dtd. Feb. 4, 1997, no.

"O.J. Simpson is liable for the death of Ronald Goldman and committed battery against his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, a civil trial jury ruled Tuesday."

But still no defamation against the dead, imo.

The jury ruled against Simpson on each of the eight technical questions of liability it was asked to consider. It effectively found Simpson liable for his ex-wife's death, though the Brown family did not seek such a verdict."

Last edited:
A jury today found former football great O.J. Simpson responsible for the deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald L. Goldman and awarded compensatory damages to Goldman's parents of $8.5 million.

In effect, the jury, by a 12 to 0 vote, agreed with the plaintiffs in the civil trial that Simpson, wearing a dark sweat suit, designer shoes and fancy gloves, slashed Nicole Simpson's throat and repeatedly stabbed Goldman to death on the night of June 12, 1994.

Last edited by a moderator:
Murder_trial_of_O._J._Simpson
My thoughts are with the families of Ron and Nicole and with those who loved OJ (not sure if he had a relationship with his children and/or other family members).

I was still in high school when the OJ trial was going on and I didn't watch it, but I remember the bronco chase on TV and I recall bits and pieces. Why was it the trial lasted as long as it did? I recall the jury was sequestered also. I saw a show and I wish I could remember the name of it.. something about the jury and each episode was a different case. I'll see if I can find it. I remember feeling sorry for the jury. I don't think a jury should be sequestered for nearly a year long trial. I don't think a trial should last a year. I don't understand that at all. It can't be THAT complicated that it takes that long to get through the evidence and facts.
@justtrish
Thia may help.

I hope they will check for CTE. I think it could change the way some view him if there was something wrong with him and it could at least explain some things. There needs to be more done to study this so others who have CTE might have a chance of knowing while they are alive and maybe some treatments can be developed.

To anyone that is interested & hasn't already seen this, I would strongly recommend the superb documentary O.J.: Made in America (2016). It follows O.J. as a youth, through his athletic career, marriages, the NBS/RG murder/criminal trial; the later civil trial; the subsequent Las Vegas theft & trial; etc. IMHO this is definitely one of the best documentaries ever made.

Yeah, it's excellent.

I have no reason to believe OJ had CTE and that it contributed in anyway in him killing Nichole Brown and Ron Goldman.

Experts don't yet know how often CTE occurs in the population, but it appears to be rare. They also don't fully understand the causes. There is no cure for CTE.

I think that's a very nice statement.

I think a guilty man walked free from his criminal trial. Nicole's Akita sealed it for me -- I think her dog would have taken down someone attacking her. But the dog knew OJ as the "alpha" so stood down. I don't know if legally the case was proven or not; I do know it must have been utter upheaval for the jurors to be on a trial that lasted so, so long. I think that was a mistake on the part of the prosecution. (Among others.) I still remember watching the verdict being read on a tv in the work break-room. MOO.

I can't wish cancer on anyone. But I can't muster much sympathy for him either.

I do send condolences for his children, not just for his passing, but for all the terrible things they have had to deal with. And I send condolences & wishes for warm memories to Ron's & Nicole's loved ones.

Last edited:
To anyone that is interested & hasn't already seen this, I would strongly recommend the superb documentary O.J.: Made in America (2016). It follows O.J. as a youth, through his athletic career, marriages, the NBS/RG murder/criminal trial; the later civil trial; the subsequent Las Vegas theft & trial; etc. IMHO this is definitely one of the best documentaries ever made.

Just noticed that it is playing right now on ESPNews. The network is airing all five 2-hour episodes in a row tonight. It is a long documentary but it doesn't feel that long, it is that good. It is the best true crime documentary I've ever seen. Hopefully they'll air it again soon.

Just noticed that it is playing right now on ESPNews. The network is airing all five 2-hour episodes in a row tonight. It is a long documentary but it doesn't feel that long, it is that good. It is the best true crime documentary I've ever seen. Hopefully they'll air it again soon.
O.J. : Made in America is available on Hulu. I plan on watching it there when I have the time.

I agree. I watched it when it first came out, and I urged everyone I knew to watch it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back