MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The EMT witnesses were very clear on what they heard. It was not a question, they heard “I hit him.” Jennifer McCabe, I believe, testified that KR said several things including asking “Did I him him?” and “I hit him.” Questions and statements.

Why would KR say or ask that? If he got out of her car and walked into the house why would she even think along these lines? It makes no sense for her to say or ask that unless she hit him. It’s a confession.

Otherwise she would say ‘what is he doing here?’ ‘Who did this to him?’ Etc

JMO

I see this very differently.

Four people claim they heard Karen Read say “I hit him”, but at least ten people have testified who were at the scene and the remainder never heard it. And although all four who heard it claim that LE were in earshot, all the cops deny hearing it. It’s the cops’ job to listen for just this certain thing, as opposed to the firefighters who were busy trying to save John’s life. Certainly no one wrote it down at the time. The first documentation that Karen said it came much later. And no one at the scene treated Karen like she just confessed to a crime.

Of the three firefighters who claim they heard it: two say they heard it when they were all standing and talking to Karen, but the third says she said it happened while they were still working on John.

It so happens that the time peiord when they were standing and talking was captured on dashcam, but the cam didn’t pick up Karen saying that phrase, even though she was reportedly yelling it. However, the cam does show that one of the firefighters couldn’t have heard it as he was in the back of the ambulance at that time.

The remaining firefighter who heard it has ties to the Alberts.

The only non-firefighter to hear it was Jen McNabe. But there’s no documentation that she heard it, and Jen’s testimony was very different in front of the state grand jury. In fact the first documented time that JM says she heard Karen say “I hit him” wasn’t until the summer of 2023, almost 18 months after John’s death.

All that context is important. To me, it does not prove that Karen Read said “I hit him”. And certainly not to a level beyond a reasonable doubt.

@DeDee So chilling. She had done everything to please him and seek his/his friends’ approval and how dare he dump her. Likely, in the beginning she put him on a pedestal bending backwards to please him and when she couldn’t control him anymore she devalued him and killed him in her enraged state. I’m getting the sense she has a distorted idea of what a relationship looks like - possibly in her mind it’s this formulaic thing, I please you by doing this, now you have to please me by doing that. He was committing a grave/unforgivable sin by dumping her, in her eyes. She was auditioning for marriage and he pulled the rug from under her.

JMO
Respectfully... what part of that was in court and which part(s) are your assumptions based on personal experience or thoughts??

“Get the f--k away from me, my boyfriend is a Boston Cop”,
- he pulled down window further to show it was him
In the texts, with are def friendly, he is wondering how she got his number, talking about The Hillside.

@SueNBCBoston

PLAY-BY-PLAY FROM DAY 17 OF TESTIMONY:

10:25 a.m.

• Judge tells jury to take a 20-30 minute recess while she has a sidebar with prosecution and defense
10:20 a.m.
  • ADA Lally shows BH 56 pages of text messages he exchanged with KR. Higgins says he did not delete any of his texts with KR.
  • Higgs texted JO at 12:20 on 1/29. “are you coming here???” he says there was no response
10:10 a.m.
  • BH tells ADA Lally “It didn’t make sense… they never showed up” when asked about his initial reaction to hearing that JO’s body had been found outside 34 Fairview.
  • BH says he provided Trooper Yuri Bukhenik and Trooper Michael Proctor screenshots of text messages with JO and KR. “I wanted to be fully transparent,” he says
10:00 a.m.
  • Higgins says he got home to West Roxbury a little before 2 a.m. He says got something to eat, and maybe a couple more drinks before falling asleep. He says both his work and personal phones were “blowing up” around 6:30ish
9:50 a.m.
  • BH says the reason he went to Canton PD after 34 Fairview was to move the vehicles assigned to him so the plow could clear the parking lot. He says he didn’t want to have to wake up and do it the next morning.
9:45 a.m.
  • ADA Lally asks BH if he ever saw KR and/or JO in or around 34 Fairview. He says, “absolutely not.”
9:40 a.m.
  • BH on when he left 34 Fairview: “I would guesstimate it was anywhere between 12:30 – 1 o’clock” “I was probably one of the first people to leave” He says the mood was happy.
9:35 a.m.
  • BH says he texted KR at the Waterfall, “um well”. “I guess you can view it as a flirty text” he says.
9:30 a.m.
  • Brian Higgins (BH) on his relationship with Brian Albert Sr. (BA) “he’s a good friend, he’s a coworker. I had been working closely with his unit.”
9:20 a.m.
  • Higgins becomes emotional when asked why he had an office at Canton PD. He says then Chief Berkowitz offered it after his sister passed away.
9:15 a.m.
  • Brian Higgins tells ADA Lally he’s been a special agent with the ATF for nearly 15 years. He lives on the Cape now but owned a home in Canton that he sold around January 5th, 2022
9:14 a.m
  • Brian Higgins is called to the stand.

I know I've been a KR in my younger years, insecurity is one hell of a thing, especially when you're dating the ultimate bachelor. I know fine well I've told another woman to eff off and much worse. Though that specific and the woman are living and well not together afaik.

ive forgotten how these folks were all friends with JOK (I hate writing that, reads as JOKE in my head) in the first place

did all these women sleep with him?
I suspect Jen McCabe did.

To me, TB and his followers are just 'Noise" I just ignore. I am local (as the crow flies) and had never heard of TB before this and don't expect to hear of him again much after this.
Witness Intimidation? Separate issue and he can answer in court - not my circus not my monkey. If Jenn Mc is moving her lips she is lying imo. I don't take a word she says at face value.
RSBM RBBM above
100 plus, agree. As far as trial goes TB is noise. I don't get TB fixation either, granted I never followed this case in the media. Jmo

"If Jenn Mc is moving her lips she is lying imo."

Imo, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads