MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JHall7news

The flirty texts between Higgins and Karen Read Jan 13. She tells the ATF agent "you're hot" and he responds the feeling is mutual. At the end of the Pats game he saw at O'Keefe's house, he says "the defendant planted a kiss on me" as he was leaving. "not like a friend"

1716565543310.png

@BienickWCVB

In this exchange, Read texted, "You're hot." Higgins replied, "Are you serious or messing with me?" "No I'm serious," she replied.

1716565606589.png

Higgins says as he was leaving O'Keefe's house one day, Read "planted a kiss on me." "Not like a friend," he says. Says it was on the lips, interpreted it as romantic. Says he was "taken aback."

Another exchange.

1716565694089.png

@TedDanielnews

Texts between Brian Higgins and Karen Read. In one KR asks BH to come over and based on further texts it appears BH did. BH is blue bubbles

1716565838764.png1716565848243.png

Higgins says in the 9 days he texted with Read he thought "was the defendant interested in me?… I was having a hard time accepting what was happening”

11:43 AM · May 24, 2024

I see this very differently.

Four people claim they heard Karen Read say “I hit him”, but at least ten people have testified who were at the scene and the remainder never heard it. And although all four who heard it claim that LE were in earshot, all the cops deny hearing it. It’s the cops’ job to listen for just this certain thing, as opposed to the firefighters who were busy trying to save John’s life. Certainly no one wrote it down at the time. The first documentation that Karen said it came much later. And no one at the scene treated Karen like she just confessed to a crime.

Of the three firefighters who claim they heard it: two say they heard it when they were all standing and talking to Karen, but the third says she said it happened while they were still working on John.

It so happens that the time peiord when they were standing and talking was captured on dashcam, but the cam didn’t pick up Karen saying that phrase, even though she was reportedly yelling it. However, the cam does show that one of the firefighters couldn’t have heard it as he was in the back of the ambulance at that time.

The remaining firefighter who heard it has ties to the Alberts.

The only non-firefighter to hear it was Jen McNabe. But there’s no documentation that she heard it, and Jen’s testimony was very different in front of the state grand jury. In fact the first documented time that JM says she heard Karen say “I hit him” wasn’t until the summer of 2023, almost 18 months after John’s death.

All that context is important. To me, it does not prove that Karen Read said “I hit him”. And certainly not to a level beyond a reasonable doubt.
Thanks for that analysis, all sounds plausible. Think it's also noteworthy KR's evidently very sane, steady and observant (ex?) friend KerryR, who was with KR this whole time and who imo gave credible testimony yesterday, never once testified to hearing "I hit him". Defense chose to not cross her so I'm assuming (amongst other possible reasons for their decision), KerryR's testimony was consistent with her earlier interviews/statements and GJ testimony (if she testified there which I don't know). Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation