MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KR seems to be performing for the camera. She keeps making these disdainful facial expressions. Her lawyers should instruct her to be stoic. Jurors pay attention to everything.

Again, Jackson keeps beating a dead horse. Using a certain tone in your questions is not proof of anything and doesn’t mean the witness is lying. Why would an ATF agent want to give his phone to LE so they could copy everything in it? He’s entitled to privacy. If they had probable cause to search his entire phone, the presumably they would have.

Similar to Jennifer McCabe this witness is handling himself well under the circumstances.

JMO

So Jackson wants to make the point that this LE witness illegally used federal resources for personal gain? He used the FBI computer to extract 2 text messages so he can hand them over to law enforcement. But this is use for personal gain, according to Jackson, and this witness is now a criminal???? Gimme a break. This is a clown show.

JMO

So Jackson wants to make the point that this LE witness illegally used federal resources for personal gain? He used the FBI computer to extract 2 text messages so he can hand them over to law enforcement. But this is use for personal gain, according to Jackson, and this witness is now a criminal???? Gimme a break. This is a clown show.

JMO
I know WS is pro-LE and I’m not trying to come off differently. But it’s WILD to me that people either can’t see the issue or don’t care about law enforcement acting this way. Everything BH did on Jan 29th is a huge problem and whether KR is guilty or not, the entire way that the Canton PD handled this situation is gross.

A non-Canton police officer was allowed unfettered access to the police department, information from the police chief and access to evidence storage, all without being forthcoming about BEING AT THE CRIME SCENE, and communicating with the homeowners.

Last edited:

JMO

The witness behaved unethically if he used those resources and now his friend is most likely involved. Then he DESTROYED his phone. That's a big deal IMO

I know WS is pro-LE and I’m not trying to come off differently. But it’s WILD to me that people either can’t see the issue or don’t care about law enforcement acting this way. Everything BH did on Jan 29th is a huge problem and whether KR is guilty or not, the entire way that the Canton PD handled this situation is gross.

A non-Canton police officer was allowed unfettered access to the police department, information from the police chief and access to evidence storage, all without being forthcoming about BEING AT THE CRIME SCENE.
This is so problematic. All of it

ETA to get rid of the censored word..

I think those of us who've been following along already know a lot of these revelations: the sexts, the late night trip back to the office, the butt dial, etc. But if you were on the jury and had no prior knowledge I think these would count as fireworks.

I believe Jackson will end with the revelation that Higgins destroyed his phone. Another thing that's known to trial watchers, but for the jury will be a mic drop to close out the week.
yep that was a mic drop to close out the week. Really blasted BH.

A non-Canton police officer was allowed unfettered access to the police department, information from the police chief and access to evidence storage, all without being forthcoming about BEING AT THE CRIME SCENE, and communicating with the homeowners.
I don't know about WS being pro LE but normally I am but when you watch this...sorry but impossible to defend LE in this case.

I’ve rewinded to listen to the texts btwn the defendant and Brian Higgins. These text exchanges are quite revealing about the defendant’s personality. Esp with respect to men. Wow.

JMO
If they actually exist and are not a complete fabrication.

I'm sorry, I promise I will stop banging on about this (eventually) but the fact that the CW is entering screenshots of supposed text messages between witnesses as evidence rather than using properly extracted cellphone data is just astonishing to me.

JMO

"Hos long to die in the cold", a group text to people in the house stating something to the effect "Dont thell them he was in the house" and a reply 'exactly'. I dont know, that to me is strong circumstantial evidence, adding into an independent federal inquiry which concluded that JO injuries were not consistent with being hit by a car. I have changed positions on this one.
I should have been more specific. There is no evidence against the defendant. There's plenty of circumstantial evidence, just not against the defendant.

So he destroyed the SIM Card. He admitted it there when he got flustered. He forgot to say "I believe" or "I can't remember". Now he's back peddling.

And of course the judge sides with the prosecution.
It’s ridiculous. This is my first time listening to the trial live and I’m actually taken aback by how disdainfully the judge reacts towards the defense. I’ve read the comments here discussing it but I didn’t realize quite how bad it really was. The witness even looked to the judge before he answered a defense question, as he knew the judge would stop him from answering before even Lally objected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove