FL - Man and his family members receive packages with live rattlesnakes inside - May 23, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

Elijah Bowles of Florida told the Los Angeles Times that on Thursday, May 16, he and a friend were driving away from the post office in Twentynine Palms, Calif. — in the Mojave Desert and near Joshua Tree National Park — where he had just picked up a package. As the pair were in the car, Bowles asked his friend to open the box, he said.

Elijah Bowles of Florida told the Los Angeles Times that on Thursday, May 16, he and a friend were driving away from the post office in Twentynine Palms, Calif. — in the Mojave Desert and near Joshua Tree National Park — where he had just picked up a package. As the pair were in the car, Bowles asked his friend to open the box, he said.
Wow! Who sent this to this kid?

Snip
'According to the Times, a postal inspector said that the package was marked "fragile" in black marker and had a return address in Palm Coast, Fla. Tracking information also states that the box was mailed from Hayward, Calif., near the San Francisco Bay Area, on May 3.

Bowles told the Times that he worried the snake was intentionally sent to harm him — especially after he learned on Monday, May 20, that another virtually identical package had been sent to his house in Florida. He told his family members to take it to the police station rather than open it, he said.

I hope we get to hear about an arrest. I'm very curious about motive and the type of person that would do such a thing.

This is in no way a joke and should be treated harshly. I think of how I plop on my couch or chair to open packages and it’s downright spooky. Hopefully they heard the rattle before tearing into it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back