UK - Scarlett Vickers (14) stabbed to death at home in Darlington. Parents charged with murder (5 July '24)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now we know where she was stabbed, yes we can agree it was a precise stabbing.
Prior to the information being released we couldn't say for sure imo.

It’s possible it was a VERY unfortunate accident, but I agree a lot of force was used.

Could it have been that the mother was the intended victim & Scarlett got in the way, trying to save her? I could see this as a more likely scenario, but if this was the case, why has the mother been charged with murder?

Rhetorical question really. She has been charged with murder, though the fact she has been bailed & the father has not, suggests to me, he actually delivered the fatal wound.

It’s possible it was a VERY unfortunate accident, but I agree a lot of force was used.

Could it have been that the mother was the intended victim & Scarlett got in the way, trying to save her? I could see this as a more likely scenario, but if this was the case, why has the mother been charged with murder?

Rhetorical question really. She has been charged with murder, though the fact she has been bailed & the father has not, suggests to me, he actually delivered the fatal wound.
This was my thought too, that Scarlett may have gotten in the middle of an argument between her parents, but as you say the murder charge brought against her mother would indicate otherwise. :(

Murder is a tricky charge because of the requirements which makes this all the more confusing IMO.

Very toxic, pathological home environment IMO.

Both parents are guilty for not providing safety for a child under their care.
Parental failure resulting in tragedy.

Who, in their right mind, uses knife trying to resolve domestic problems?
:(

JMO

Is it possible that one parent has been perceived by LE to be 'covering up' for the other? This could result in the dual charge IMO.
This is a very good point.
With secondary liability, a murder charge can be brought against a second person. There are other elements they could use to charge

It could be a case of the parents blaming each other and the investigating team awaiting forensics from the item used to stab her etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back