TN TN - Nashville, Sulphur Creek Rd, Blk/Hisp Fem 15-25, UP52531, Vandy clothes, Sep'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i weirdly like all my stuff matching as well. nike sweatshirt goes w nike sweats and nike shoes etc etc.

my sons football team colors are orange and black and he has a sweatsuit so i bought him black and orange nikes.

there are some like us!
I just learned about this young lady. With Vanderbilt, I definitely think there would be a link to the school/teams of some sort if you’re wearing head to toe gear. Vandy doesn’t have a ton of “fans” that aren’t connected somehow, at least not hardcore like this. Thats not cheap gear, either. I know a lot of places in Nashville sell shirts and things, but not a lot sell official Under Armor. I just read through ZooZatz website and their products are only sold at university bookstores, at least at the present. Bookmarking this to look into over the weekend. (Vandy alum)

Here is her ws page

Etb error
Hi, I'm new here but I also thought Kayla Miller was a match and contacted Metro police, she has been officially ruled out by the department I've been told by them.

If there is a thrift store or second hand sho somewhere in the area it would likely have loads of school clothing from students who have graduated or even donated and gotten new. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see someone fully decked out and not be a student. She also could have dressed that way in order to get on campus for parties or other functions. Had a friend at Dartmouth who monitored all of the events and meeting that had food or snacks listed and he went just for that.

Shoopersleuth brings up many good points and it made me think a little more about the clothing.

Here are a few items I checked out:

1. The clothing recovered strikes me as a game day sort of outfit. The football team played their season opener on 9/1/18 at 6:30 local time.

2. The weather on 9/1 was 80 degrees almost all day, only dropping into the high 70s overnight. It was quite warm that week.

3. I could see this outfit making sense in August/Sept if she was using the long sleeves for wind/sun protection, assuming this 1/4 zip is the thin golf type performance moisture wicking fabric.

4. I would have expected this young lady to have also been wearing a cap/hat of some kind, especially given her hair was in a ponytail.

5. Colleges license their logos and collect royalties for every single item that is produced. They also have to approve the use on the actual item. Assuming they have a record of the licenses and royalties, could it be helpful to know how many of these Under Armour 1/4 zips were produced each year and if it was a newer model or old enough to make it to a resale channel. Was it a nationwide outfit like FansEdge or WalMart,or a local outlet?

Shoopersleuth brings up many good points and it made me think a little more about the clothing.

Here are a few items I checked out:

1. The clothing recovered strikes me as a game day sort of outfit. The football team played their season opener on 9/1/18 at 6:30 local time.

2. The weather on 9/1 was 80 degrees almost all day, only dropping into the high 70s overnight. It was quite warm that week.

3. I could see this outfit making sense in August/Sept if she was using the long sleeves for wind/sun protection, assuming this 1/4 zip is the thin golf type performance moisture wicking fabric.

4. I would have expected this young lady to have also been wearing a cap/hat of some kind, especially given her hair was in a ponytail.

5. Colleges license their logos and collect royalties for every single item that is produced. They also have to approve the use on the actual item. Assuming they have a record of the licenses and royalties, could it be helpful to know how many of these Under Armour 1/4 zips were produced each year and if it was a newer model or old enough to make it to a resale channel. Was it a nationwide outfit like FansEdge or WalMart,or a local outlet?
Dartmouth had a fan store right in Hanover and sold Dartmouth clothing. The bookstore was also open to the public for purchases. The thrift stores in the area always had clothing with Dartmouth logos and many graduating student donated to the homeless shelter as well. I have not lived there for 20 years and I still have a Dartmouth team shirt!

I think you broke down the clothing quite well and thank you for doing so, but licenses and royalties mean nothing to students looking to dump old clothing on their way out of town. But that is just my experience with one college town, it could be different in other locations.

I do believe if she had been a student she would have been missed by the school rather quickly and they would have been looking for her.

You know, pmi is said to be 2 weeks to 5 days, meaning she still couldve been alive back in August. Im trying to find this article but Beyonce and JayZ performed at Vanderbilt on or around August 20th, 2018. Vanderbilt reportedly had to turn away "hundreds" of folks, claiming people either failed to show up with their school ID, and some even went as far as to faking being a student there to attend. Could Jane Doe have been one of those people attempting to get in? This isnt victim blaming - i'd do something similar tbh - but being completely decked out head to toe to appear as a student makes the most sense to me. Could this be why she was wearing so much school clothing?

Also wanted to share that it seems they have a pretty good grip on which bloodline to look at, its the African ancestry theyre having a difficult time with. It appears theyve located the group of Mengarellis Doe descended from, but not a single one knows who she is. There were a few adoptions but they believe theyve already found and talked to all the adopted folks. Theyre waiting "further genetics".. not sure what that means.. maybe they have a lead and asked people to test? Either way they said they should have the correct line for her Italian family, but nothing on her Black ancestry. They believe Moore, Butler, and Hayes bloodline is likely white and not the black bloodline theyre searching for.
I made a giant tree that the dr took for notes in case she missed something. I suggested looking at the Hayes family in Nashville as the week Doe died there was a Hayes family reunion in Nashville but the genealogist working on this case believes the only names they have are all white families. Doe has Mexican/black cousins from NC but the genealogist wants to focus on GA and TN.

I sent an email to the Nashville police department asking them if they could give us further details and offered my Italian ancestry skills as I am a 3rd generation italian immigrant (checked my tree - no mangarelli). The podcast made it VERY clear that this is simply a profile and that Nashville has not yet started actual genealogical research. I'll update as I hear back.
Curious, have you tested your dna and uploaded it to GedMatch?
Also wanted to share that it seems they have a pretty good grip on which bloodline to look at, its the African ancestry theyre having a difficult time with. It appears theyve located the group of Mengarellis Doe descended from, but not a single one knows who she is. There were a few adoptions but they believe theyve already found and talked to all the adopted folks. Theyre waiting "further genetics".. not sure what that means.. maybe they have a lead and asked people to test? Either way they said they should have the correct line for her Italian family, but nothing on her Black ancestry. They believe Moore, Butler, and Hayes bloodline is likely white and not the black bloodline theyre searching for.
I made a giant tree that the dr took for notes in case she missed something. I suggested looking at the Hayes family in Nashville as the week Doe died there was a Hayes family reunion in Nashville but the genealogist working on this case believes the only names they have are all white families. Doe has Mexican/black cousins from NC but the genealogist wants to focus on GA and TN.
you actually spoke to MC?

Curious, have you tested your dna and uploaded it to GedMatch?
I have not - I have not tested, this is my mothers genetics - but I do not mind donating at all. I do not think it would help this case as my ancestry comes from Southern Italy to Vandys North, and while they both migrated to America around the same time, one came in through Louisiana and one through New York. We are Sicilian :)

I spoke to the person who is working on this case at Othram. I am not sure if they gave me "folly" answers (trick answers medical personnel will give out in case of leaks) but I was able to talk directly to the genealogist over at Othram Inc through Metro Nashville Police Department. I was told that the spokesperson for MNPD, the gentleman who appeared on the Fall Line podcast, had "little" genetics training, and incorrectly stated some DNA claims. One claim the genealogist cleared up is that Moore and Butler are merely surnames related, and not what they are looking for. I was told little of her African genealogy has been able to be traced. I am not sure that they directly said the Moores, Butlers ect were white, but it was implied. Hope this helps.

I have not - I have not tested, this is my mothers genetics - but I do not mind donating at all. I do not think it would help this case as my ancestry comes from Southern Italy to Vandys North, and while they both migrated to America around the same time, one came in through Louisiana and one through New York. We are Sicilian :)

I spoke to the person who is working on this case at Othram. I am not sure if they gave me "folly" answers (trick answers medical personnel will give out in case of leaks) but I was able to talk directly to the genealogist over at Othram Inc through Metro Nashville Police Department. I was told that the spokesperson for MNPD, the gentleman who appeared on the Fall Line podcast, had "little" genetics training, and incorrectly stated some DNA claims. One claim the genealogist cleared up is that Moore and Butler are merely surnames related, and not what they are looking for. I was told little of her African genealogy has been able to be traced. I am not sure that they directly said the Moores, Butlers ect were white, but it was implied. Hope this helps

Very new to this just want to say that up front. This is the first post I've ever made. Coming from someone who graduated college in the south around the time she was found, this is not an outfit that a girl in the south wears to a football game. Going to games in the south are events that you dress up for, not something you wear leggings and a zip up to. The clothing strikes me as something you would buy when you have no other options, like your luggage got lost on a flight or something was spilled and ruined what you were wearing. To me it seems like she went into most likely the bookstore and bought whatever she could quickly and that just happened to be all Vandy branded stuff. Just a thought.

Very new to this just want to say that up front. This is the first post I've ever made. Coming from someone who graduated college in the south around the time she was found, this is not an outfit that a girl in the south wears to a football game. Going to games in the south are events that you dress up for, not something you wear leggings and a zip up to. The clothing strikes me as something you would buy when you have no other options, like your luggage got lost on a flight or something was spilled and ruined what you were wearing. To me it seems like she went into most likely the bookstore and bought whatever she could quickly and that just happened to be all Vandy branded stuff. Just a thought.
I went to college in the south and was in college in 2018. And while yes, sorority girls or others super into social media would definitely dress, up there were plenty of other girls who would show up in casual clothing to just drink and hang out with friends. In fact, I believe I once wore leggings and a school T-shirt to a football game myself.

Though in this case, I really don't think she was coming from a football game anyway.

I would personally be very surprised if she turns out to be a Vanderbilt student. It's a very prestigious and not particularly large university, so I feel like someone (roommate, professor, advisor) would have noticed if she suddenly dropped off the map and there would be a missing persons report on file. Even if she vanished over the summer, I would assume the school would have noticed that she failed to return for the fall semester. Vanderbilt has a 96% retention rate (!) so a student failing to return without notifying the school would be out of the ordinary.

JMO I find myself thinking that the Vandy clothes might be a red herring and that whoever killed her might have dressed her up in the clothing to throw investigators off. Either that, or the aforementioned theory that she bought the clothes to pretend to be a student to sneak into the Beyoncé concert. The clothing would have been expensive, but when I saw Beyoncé last summer the tickets cost me an arm and a leg, so I assume it still would have been cheaper than buying tickets.

Also, haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but per the Fall Line podcast, JD had cocaine and morphine in her bloodstream. COD hasn't been released as far as I can tell, so I wonder if she could've accidentally overdosed and whoever was with her panicked and dumped the body, or if she was at a (perhaps Vanderbilt-associated) party prior to her death and maybe met a malevolent character?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back