TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Caleb would have had the budget to purchase a secondary phone. Besides, there are lots of Gay bars, LGBTQ2+ affiliates in CC. It's 2024. His parents might not have approved, but demographic consumption points in another direction.

Yes, but I’m talking about the response to subpoenas, not comparing the investigation. They got responses immediately from a bunch of major companies, likely some of the same ones involved here.
That's because LE had specific people they were going after In a known location. They knew what they wanted. It was pretty cut and dried.

In Caleb's case it's exactly the opposite..... they have to search data to possibly find a suspect. It's not a small process for LE or the providers.

That's because LE had specific people they were going after In a known location. They knew what they wanted. It was pretty cut and dried.

In Caleb's case it's exactly the opposite..... they have to search data to possibly find a suspect. It's not a small process for LE or the providers.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the companies responding to requests in a timely manner. Again I’m not comparing the investigations.

I’m saying if Verizon (for instance) responded quickly in the missing women’s case, then there would be no reason for them not to respond quickly for Caleb’s data.

Companies responding fast doesn’t mean you know all the companies you need to subpoena, or all the people who use that company whose information you need to subpoena.

And some will be faster than others.

This is from a San Antonio news station. This missing girl was communicating with someone in Corpus Christi who was posing as a juvenile. Not saying this is the perpetrator in the CH case but I find these stories so common. I can't ignore this possibility with CH given that this generation spends so much time online.

If it’s the lack of digital footprint that could be the baffling part of this case, I wonder if it’s because Caleb had a second (unknown to friends and family) phone? If his family had him on Find My and perhaps the phone was on a family plan, maybe he wanted a completely separate number and phone for doing anything he perceived his family might disapprove of.

If that phone is unknown to everyone including LE, it wouldn’t be possible to request that information by warrant and it would look like there was nothing there digitally to link him to anyone else. That could explain why his phone turned off, because he was using the other phone, and that phone and its secrets have gone with him.
If LE got a warrant for a geofence that would catch all the numbers in whatever area they selected. So in theory it would've picked up a second phone if he indeed had one.

“Nobody believes that anyone who knew him was involved in any way in his disappearance. However, I am very convinced that he went with someone, and Unfortunately, something has happened something devastatingly happened. But I have not ruled out And nor should anyone that he could still be alive. . .I am very convinced that he didn’t decide to runaway. . .” Info regarding Caleb starts at 22:25

“Nobody believes that anyone who knew him was involved in any way in his disappearance. However, I am very convinced that he went with someone, and Unfortunately, something has happened something devastatingly happened. But I have not ruled out And nor should anyone that he could still be alive. . .I am very convinced that he didn’t decide to runaway. . .” Info regarding Caleb starts at 22:25
Thank you for posting!! I also believe he didn’t leave voluntarily. :(

I’m curious if anyone has profiled the possible characteristics of a potential perpetrator ? ( not that profiling is always accurate but can be a jumping off point for brainstorming)

Of course, “loner” is usually at the top of the list though lots of folks with families commit these types of crimes.

I’m interested in anyone’s thoughts about this— just some examples: has the person ever committed a previous crime? Age range? Local to the area? Job history? Etc.

Of course this would all be pure speculation which I believe is allowed as long as we state it as our own opinion.

Last edited:
If it’s the lack of digital footprint that could be the baffling part of this case, I wonder if it’s because Caleb had a second (unknown to friends and family) phone? If his family had him on Find My and perhaps the phone was on a family plan, maybe he wanted a completely separate number and phone for doing anything he perceived his family might disapprove of.

If that phone is unknown to everyone including LE, it wouldn’t be possible to request that information by warrant and it would look like there was nothing there digitally to link him to anyone else. That could explain why his phone turned off, because he was using the other phone, and that phone and it’s secrets have gone with him.
I agree with you that LE are not finding anything relevant with the digital footprint which again makes me think that the person who is responsible for Caleb’s disappearance is someone nearby; someone in that apartment complex. To LE nothing would be suspicious about a phone that belongs to someone living in the geofence area. If this is the case then it is going to be hard to solve without some other key information.

Thank you for posting!! I also believe he didn’t leave voluntarily. :(

I’m curious if anyone has profiled the possible characteristics of a potential perpetrator ? ( not that profiling is always accurate but can be a jumping off point for brainstorming)

Of course, “loner” is usually at the top of the list though lots of folks with families commit these types of crimes.

I’m interested in anyone’s thoughts about this— just some examples: has the person ever committed a previous crime? Age range? Local to the area? Job history? Etc.

Of course this would all be pure speculation which I believe is allowed as long as we state it as our own opinion.
It would be interesting if the FBI would create a profile of the potential suspect. They probably already have but haven’t disclosed it to press or public.

As far as “loner” goes:

When I think of gay and non-gay serial killers like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, Dennis Rader, Randy Kraft, and Herbert Baumeister, it could include traits such as :

Married with children,
educated,
prosperous
good looking
family oriented
successful,
involved in community and church,
respected professional,
respected in prominent political organizations, etc.

It would be interesting if the FBI would create a profile of the potential suspect. They probably already have but haven’t disclosed it to press or public.

As far as “loner” goes:

When I think of gay and non-gay serial killers like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, Dennis Rader, Randy Kraft, and Herbert Baumeister, it could include traits such as :

Married with children,
educated,
prosperous
good looking
family oriented
successful,
respected professional,
This is quite scary and I think you are right :(

As far as “loner” goes:

Married with children,
educated,
prosperous
good looking
family oriented
successful,
respected professional,
I mentioned profiling many pages ago. In CC I think of meth heads, possibly having been in prison. Terms like "Blow clouds" "PNP" (party & play) it's all about smoking meth.

Last edited:
Why don't they have a great reputation?

Why are so many units empty?

Is it mainly university students that live there?

The Google reviews are pretty wild, just sort by lowest rating first. One says their roommate threatened to hurt their pet. Sounds like it is an assigned apartment with unknown roommates for college kids.

I agree with you that LE are not finding anything relevant with the digital footprint which again makes me think that the person who is responsible for Caleb’s disappearance is someone nearby; someone in that apartment complex. To LE nothing would be suspicious about a phone that belongs to someone living in the geofence area. If this is the case then it is going to be hard to solve without some other key information.
I've thought all along that whatever went down took place in one of the apartments at The Cottages complex. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

You mean they can’t find him because he never left the apartment complex?
As I think about a possible scenario (MOO!), CH goes to another apartment for...whatever (assignation, score some Adderall to help him study, whatever) and dies in that apartment -- murdered, fentanyl poisoning, we have no idea. Whoever caused his death somehow gets his body into a vehicle, and disposes of it -- in the bay, futher out in the Gulf of Mexico, in a river, on land, in a swamp, in a field, far away from CC.
This explains how he could simply disappear in a very short period of time and has not been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee